Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James

+5
DickGrayson007
jaydee74
Bigtymin504
Rath99
Off_White_Lantern
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

True. Shaq just slows everything down at this point. I wish he would have retired because he really brought down his legacy the last couple years, I loved it when he was dominant.

52Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

brought down his legacy? I think steel and shazam did that....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

53Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

54Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:40 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Silent K wrote:The true litmus test of this whole situation is that Lebron has succeeded in making Kobe seem likable in comparison.

Winning is the best disinfectant in sports. The fact that Kobe has been winning lately makes people forget that he played a big role in breaking up the Shaq-Kobe-Phil dynasty, publicly whined and demanded to be traded from the Lakers, cheated on his wife and bought her an $8 million ring to make up for it, and was on trial for raping a chick. If Lebron wins, which seems very likely, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Who forgot any of that shit? I hate Kobe as much as any athlete and outside of LA I dont see a lot of love for him.

Lebron and the Heat will win but thats not what the big deal is. The NBA just got purchased by the Heat and fans of every other team dont like it. The NBA is losing hundreds of millions a year and a big part is because lesser franchises cant go out and buy a team so the fans gave up. I live in Indiana and trust me NOBODY cares about the Pacers. They keep talking about the team folding and nobody cares.

The championship has been won by 8 teams teams for the past 30 years. Miami and the 76ers won once the rest were by the Lakers, Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, Houston and Detroit a shit load of times each. Why watch that shit if your a fan of one of the other 22 teams and u know its gonna be the same thing over and over.

They need to shrink the league to only 10 teams or so since none of the others have a chance. Baseball has the Yankees but every other sport works to keep their leagues on even playing fields and this deal will prove that the NBA can be bought.

55Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Silent K wrote:The true litmus test of this whole situation is that Lebron has succeeded in making Kobe seem likable in comparison.

Winning is the best disinfectant in sports. The fact that Kobe has been winning lately makes people forget that he played a big role in breaking up the Shaq-Kobe-Phil dynasty, publicly whined and demanded to be traded from the Lakers, cheated on his wife and bought her an $8 million ring to make up for it, and was on trial for raping a chick. If Lebron wins, which seems very likely, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Who forgot any of that shit? I hate Kobe as much as any athlete and outside of LA I dont see a lot of love for him.

Lebron and the Heat will win but thats not what the big deal is. The NBA just got purchased by the Heat and fans of every other team dont like it. The NBA is losing hundreds of millions a year and a big part is because lesser franchises cant go out and buy a team so the fans gave up. I live in Indiana and trust me NOBODY cares about the Pacers. They keep talking about the team folding and nobody cares.

The championship has been won by 8 teams teams for the past 30 years. Miami and the 76ers won once the rest were by the Lakers, Boston, Chicago, San Antonio, Houston and Detroit a shit load of times each. Why watch that shit if your a fan of one of the other 22 teams and u know its gonna be the same thing over and over.

They need to shrink the league to only 10 teams or so since none of the others have a chance. Baseball has the Yankees but every other sport works to keep their leagues on even playing fields and this deal will prove that the NBA can be bought.

Who knows what will happen after the NBA goes on strike since they really are in bad shape.

56Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Every team has a salary cap. It's not like baseball where one team can out spend another team. Most teams are build via trade and the draft. If your team sucks blame your GM for not drafting better. All those teams you listed were built primarily through the draft and trades then free agents. The NBA also has the Bird rule that helps teams retain their free agents. You can't help it if someone decides to leave $30 + million on the table to leave.

57Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:With all they hype surrounding this team anything short of an NBA title is a bust. Just making it is not going to cut it after all this crap.
Absolutely.

Silent K wrote:My prediction: Heat get 6th seed, and get knocked out in the first round.
I gotta say that's a very very bold prediction. It would be funny as hell but I don't know.

Rath99 wrote:Don't forget the Bulls..Much improved and a nice young team
Very true. The Bulls have a lot of talent. LeBron on this team would have made them a clear cut front runner for sure.

58Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

59Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Every team has a salary cap. It's not like baseball where one team can out spend another team. Most teams are build via trade and the draft. If your team sucks blame your GM for not drafting better. All those teams you listed were built primarily through the draft and trades then free agents. The NBA also has the Bird rule that helps teams retain their free agents. You can't help it if someone decides to leave $30 + million on the table to leave.

The NBA has a soft salary cap and its been taken advantage of since the last work stoppage.

Whatever the reason fans have stopped watching the NBA. The league lost 400 million at last count this year and 40% of the teams lost big money. Something is wrong and this Heat deal isnt helping at all.

60Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Rath99 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

The NBA has a soft salary cap and its been taken advantage of since the last work stoppage.

Whatever the reason fans have stopped watching the NBA. The league lost 400 million at last count this year and 40% of the teams lost big money. Something is wrong and this Heat deal isnt helping at all.

Every team operates under the same rules. The cap is no reason to draft poorly and make horrible personnel decisions. If the NBA fails tomorrow it won't be the Heats fault Wink

61Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As of right now, everything is going to be blamed on the Heat.

62Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:As of right now, everything is going to be blamed on the Heat.

True...unfair and unwarranted but true.

63Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:As of right now, everything is going to be blamed on the Heat.

True...unfair and unwarranted but true.

I don't disagree with you at all but people like something or someone to blame and right now, it's going to be the Heat which is a shame. I actually want to see good things for that team as I do like Dwayne Wade as a player. Should be an interesting year to say the least.

64Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The lockout after this year has been looming for years. I just hope a deal can be reached before a whole season has to be canceled.

65Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

66Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lmao

There are no words to describe how freaking funny that is.

Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 3 Nwo24

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum