The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 27]

76 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:52 am

Rath99

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
$37 For Macho Man's album? Shit did this go 10X platinum or 3X copper?


------------------------------------


View user profile

77 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:54 am

jfx316

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Rath99 wrote:$37 For Macho Man's album? Shit did this go 10X platinum or 3X copper?

That record went wood I'm pretty sure.


------------------------------------


Super-Fly Comics and Games Management, Pop! Writer/Contributor, Handsome Black Man, Audio Chewbacca, Prop Jacker, Suntanned Superman, Jason Aaron/Scalped Mark, General Manager of Super-Fly Arm Wrestling Entrainment (SFAWE) PoP! Championship (arm) Wrestling (PC(a)W)

www.Twitter.com/jfx316
http://superflycomics.com/
http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/
http://whoisjfx316.tumblr.com/

View user profile http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

78 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:25 am

Mnemosis

avatar
The Robert Frost of Poop
jfx316 wrote:
Most of the time, movie makers act like the story is getting in the way of the action sequences. Take GI Joe. Take the title away and you have generic special ops movie #453. That movie didn't need the GI Joe brand to add to it. It needed it to sell the movie to people that wouldn't have gone to see it if it didn't have the name brand behind it. I'd say most people that liked GI Joe, would have liked it even if it wasn't called GI Joe. That's why there is alot of "comic book movie fatigue" and alot of deep sighs when the new comic movie gets announced.

In the end, it's about quality and staying close to the subject matter. That's why everyone I know is hyped for Thor. That's why Spider-Man was (is) cool. And that's why GI Joe sucks.


Yes, Mike, welcome to the boards!

I'm going to second the above sentiment, and go a step further in saying that I believe many of the people in Hollywood who work on comic book movies see them as "just a comic book" movie. As if this genre doesn't need to be good, because it is what it is.

Look at the Batman XXX Porn Parody. Axel Braun could have saved money and shot an hour plus of people fucking, with no recognizable script or plot. Instead, he decided to do something truly original (yes, by copying something that existed, he was being original) and he made something "special."

Now, look at Nolan's Batman franchise. This is a man who knows that a comic book movie can be a GOOD movie, and this is a man who makes sure he's making both. It's not enough to get the money shot of the Joker going down. You need to tell a real story and create real characters; pay attention to the subtle nuances of film making, and give the audience what they paid for.


------------------------------------
View user profile

79 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:27 pm

UltimateUltimacy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
jfx316 wrote:I know, right? Selling 3,000 copies will do that. I got mine when it came out. Try iTunes. I'm not sure if it's on there or not.

not on iTubes that i saw


------------------------------------
Big Gavin Cool - Security, Insecurity, Snacks, NO MA'AM
The Nerd Tupac
http://twitter.com/AlphaNaught
http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2


Silent K wrote:I think if you got fucked by Gavin, you might get the power of Odin flowing through your veins
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

80 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 am

WonderWoman2.0

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:
Look at the Batman XXX Porn Parody. Axel Braun could have saved money and shot an hour plus of people fucking, with no recognizable script or plot. Instead, he decided to do something truly original (yes, by copying something that existed, he was being original) and he made something "special."

Now, look at Nolan's Batman franchise. This is a man who knows that a comic book movie can be a GOOD movie, and this is a man who makes sure he's making both. It's not enough to get the money shot of the Joker going down. You need to tell a real story and create real characters; pay attention to the subtle nuances of film making, and give the audience what they paid for.

I love how K-Whack brings it all back to porn by using the phrase money shot while talking about a non-porn flick. Good on you, sir. Good on you.

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

81 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:43 am

Lee

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Gavin on Wonder Woman "Also, most of her adventures will now take place in the kitchen."

lol!


------------------------------------



Joshua wrote:If Panels On Pages is a clique, they're about as competent at managing a clique as Wizard is a comic book convention.
View user profile http://www.leerodriguez.net

82 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Rath99

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Lee wrote:Gavin on Wonder Woman "Also, most of her adventures will now take place in the kitchen."

lol!

Best line of the Superfly Podcast!

Pants Wonder Woman...making the kitchen safe for women everywhere


------------------------------------


View user profile

83 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:34 pm

UltimateUltimacy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I was thinking about this today at work actually. What adventures would she have in the kitchen:

Case of the missing sponge
Battle for the perfect bunt cake
How can I do the laundry if these dishes need done?
Re-arranging the refrigerator magnets.


------------------------------------
Big Gavin Cool - Security, Insecurity, Snacks, NO MA'AM
The Nerd Tupac
http://twitter.com/AlphaNaught
http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2


Silent K wrote:I think if you got fucked by Gavin, you might get the power of Odin flowing through your veins
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

84 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:50 pm

WonderWoman2.0

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to dick punch you. Just sayin'.

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

85 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 pm

UltimateUltimacy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed


------------------------------------
Big Gavin Cool - Security, Insecurity, Snacks, NO MA'AM
The Nerd Tupac
http://twitter.com/AlphaNaught
http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2


Silent K wrote:I think if you got fucked by Gavin, you might get the power of Odin flowing through your veins
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

86 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Silent K

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
lmao


------------------------------------
View user profile

87 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

88 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 pm

dmahoney

avatar
Zombie
Zombie
Money shot? Joker going down?

Where's my totem - I think I'm in Knize's dream.

View user profile

89 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Silent K

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
^Dude...just have enough ammo and fortify you home for the inevitable Zombie invasion.


------------------------------------
View user profile

90 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to dick punch you. Just sayin'.

UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed

I think we totally made this problem worse on this weeks show.

Super-Fly & the Princess Cast are going to end up like the Crips & the Bloods.

Or, more accurately, the Montagues & Capulets...


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

91 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:35 am

jfx316

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
The Super-Fly Podcast #12 is almost done. The Preview's Preview show is a really good one. The music portion has been stepped up this week with the first of many JFX316 remixes of MC Chris songs from his "MC Chris Goes To Hell" remix contest entries and a special, epic opening.

And Gavin singing.....auto-tuned.....for real.

Stay tuned....


------------------------------------


Super-Fly Comics and Games Management, Pop! Writer/Contributor, Handsome Black Man, Audio Chewbacca, Prop Jacker, Suntanned Superman, Jason Aaron/Scalped Mark, General Manager of Super-Fly Arm Wrestling Entrainment (SFAWE) PoP! Championship (arm) Wrestling (PC(a)W)

www.Twitter.com/jfx316
http://superflycomics.com/
http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/
http://whoisjfx316.tumblr.com/

View user profile http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

92 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 am

Lee

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed
Wow. Dude, I'm still a bit sick. I just hacked phlegm all over my desk with that guffaw. Good form.


------------------------------------



Joshua wrote:If Panels On Pages is a clique, they're about as competent at managing a clique as Wizard is a comic book convention.
View user profile http://www.leerodriguez.net

93 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 am

WonderWoman2.0

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Lee wrote:
UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed
Wow. Dude, I'm still a bit sick. I just hacked phlegm all over my desk with that guffaw. Good form.

Et tu, Lee? *sadface*

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

94 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Lee

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Hey, funny is funny. Also, I love ham.


------------------------------------



Joshua wrote:If Panels On Pages is a clique, they're about as competent at managing a clique as Wizard is a comic book convention.
View user profile http://www.leerodriguez.net

95 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Lee wrote:
UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed
Wow. Dude, I'm still a bit sick. I just hacked phlegm all over my desk with that guffaw. Good form.

Et tu, Lee? *sadface*

Ham is the great equalizer, darling.


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

96 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm

WonderWoman2.0

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Demonweasel wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Lee wrote:
UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed
Wow. Dude, I'm still a bit sick. I just hacked phlegm all over my desk with that guffaw. Good form.

Et tu, Lee? *sadface*

Ham is the great equalizer, darling.

Ham is the great equalizer? Weird choice of words in a thread joking about women. What would make a really great equalizer would be punches for everyone. Wink

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

97 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Lee

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Only if you abide by the laws of the Sean Connery School of Charm.


------------------------------------



Joshua wrote:If Panels On Pages is a clique, they're about as competent at managing a clique as Wizard is a comic book convention.
View user profile http://www.leerodriguez.net

98 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm

UltimateUltimacy

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Lee wrote:
UltimateUltimacy wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Just so we're clear. I'm totally going to cook you a ham. Just sayin'.

fixed
Wow. Dude, I'm still a bit sick. I just hacked phlegm all over my desk with that guffaw. Good form.

Et tu, Lee? *sadface*

Ham is the great equalizer, darling.

Ham is the great equalizer? Weird choice of words in a thread joking about women. What would make a really great equalizer would be cheesecakes for everyone. Wink
fixed


------------------------------------
Big Gavin Cool - Security, Insecurity, Snacks, NO MA'AM
The Nerd Tupac
http://twitter.com/AlphaNaught
http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2


Silent K wrote:I think if you got fucked by Gavin, you might get the power of Odin flowing through your veins
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

99 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm

WonderWoman2.0

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Then get to fixing my motherfucking cheesecake, slut.

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

100 Re: PCN - Super-Fly Podcast thread on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Then get to fixing my motherfucking cheesecake, slut.

LULZ


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum