Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie News: Superman

+26
prescribeddrone
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Sandman
shark6495
supervenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
Aussiemandias
Off_White_Lantern
Astro13Zombie
Foreigner_Man
BlueMaxx
DickGrayson007
Big Poppa Nick
alucardbarnivous
Bigtymin504
Paroxysm
Administrator
TENIME_art
Rath99
colossus1979
Debaser77
Batman25JM
Janson
Frank M. Reding
jaydee74
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

WB CONSIDERING JON HAMM FOR SUPERMAN
e]Christopher Nolan is producing, David Goyer writing and Jonah Nolan possibly helming. That's enough to get fans excited and what not, but it doesn’t answer the question everyone wants to know, "Who will be the new Superman?"

With plans set for a December 2012 release, we've heard different names out in the open ranging from Chuck star Zachary Levi in the "Rumor Mill" department to True Blood actor Joe Manganiello publicly campaigning for the role. But who do the studios (in this case, Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures) have their eye on for mild-mannered Clark Kent and his red-and-blue suit wearing alter ego, or is it the other way around?

Sources tell TMT one such actor being "seriously considered" is Mad Men star Jon Hamm.

At thirty-nine (He'd be past forty when The Man of Steel opens), he's certainly older than who's regularly looked at for these franchises. Then again, look at Robert Downey Jr. He's starring in the Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes films (and then there's Avengers) and he's a few years older. Not to mention, Hamm happens to have been a fan-favorite for Kal-El for years now. Something that was suggested to him directly by MUSIC TELEVISION and it wasn't like he immediately dismissed the notion.

Before anyone starts nerdgasming, keep in mind no deal is in place and there's no indication Hamm and/or his representation has met with WB, Legendary or the Nolan crew. He's one of several names being thrown around the Burbank offices to headline the new Superman franchise. But it gives you an idea of what direction they're looking at.
http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/movie-news/2010/7/26/wb-considering-jon-hamm-for-superman.html

YES!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

27Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I've always thought he'd be perfect! Thumbs up from me. thumbs up

28Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I love John Hamm and would love to see him playing an already established Superman (in a JLA movie perhaps?)

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

29Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I love John Hamm and would love to see him playing an already established Superman (in a JLA movie perhaps?)
I also like John Hamm a lot and would love to see his take on Superman.

30Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:37 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmm... yes, I think that would work.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

31Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I want a Nicolas Cage Superman that gets attacked by bees.

i like to picture my superman wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. i like to party, and i want my Superman to be partying too.

32Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I could get behind Jon Hamm as Superman...cuz, y'know, he's bulletproof. But seriously, that could work.

33Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:20 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Bring back Routh. I could also see Padelecki playing Supes as well.

34Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zack Snyder as director.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-snyder-directing-superman/

35Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Snyder definitely wasn't my first choice, but he is good at maintaining the spirit of the source material he's using. I'll give him a shot.

Also,
http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125368p1.html
Update: In their story on Snyder being hired as the Superman director, Hollywood Reporter also mention they've heard a rumor that the villain in David Goyer's script for the new movie is General Zod, so memorably portrayed by Terence Stamp in the original Superman films.
Zod, huh? I thought Braniac was gonna be the villain, but whatever. As long as it's a fun Superman movie I'll be fine. If the rumor's true, who do you think should play Zod? I think Jeremy Irons should!

36Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hm Zack Snyder eh? It could work, especially with Nolan involved. I'm optimistic.

37Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:^Snyder definitely wasn't my first choice, but he is good at maintaining the spirit of the source material he's using. I'll give him a shot.

Also,
http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125368p1.html
Update: In their story on Snyder being hired as the Superman director, Hollywood Reporter also mention they've heard a rumor that the villain in David Goyer's script for the new movie is General Zod, so memorably portrayed by Terence Stamp in the original Superman films.
Zod, huh? I thought Braniac was gonna be the villain, but whatever. As long as it's a fun Superman movie I'll be fine. If the rumor's true, who do you think should play Zod? I think Jeremy Irons should!

Irons seems like a good choice. I'll have to think of who would fit. I hope this leads to an eventual big-screen debut of DARKSEID! Only that will get me truly excited about a Supes movie at this point...if Lex is the main villain I'll scream.

38Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:28 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zack Snyder!
That's awesome news.
Zod is cool...But I would like to see some of superman's other villains.
NO MORE LEX!
tongue

39Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Bring back Routh. I could also see Padelecki playing Supes as well.

I wouldn't mind Routh getting another shot at the role. You mean the dude from Supernatural? I don't think that either star from that show would be right for the role of Superman to be honest.

BlueMaxx wrote:Zack Snyder as director.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-snyder-directing-superman/
Not sure how I feel about this. Not a huge fan of 300 or Watchmen. I liked Watchmen but didn't love it and I'm fairly indifferent when it comes to 300.

I do like the fact that they are planning on using Zod though.

40Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Watchmen is probably my favorite comic book movie.tongue
Snyder actually seems to care for staying close to the source material....Unlike most people in the movie business.

41Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:51 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm sick of Lex being treated like a mustache-twirling supervillain.

If that's the only way we'll see him in movies (which is the only way we have so far), I vote "No".

42Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Give me his mech battlesuit anyday now, you know? Or Hell, make him create Bizarro or Metallo! *rubs hands*

Would love some Brainiac. Maybe they'll be building up to that?

43Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No. That's "crazy Lex" supervillain crap. No creating robots or clones or wearing some hi-tech battlesuit or any of that garbage. That turns him into a hand-wringing buffoon who employs people like Otis or Kitty. I don't care if that's how the character started out, I don't want my Lex Luthor ever laughing maniacally.

I want him to be a philanthropic businessman. Loved by the people. He donates wings to hospitals & (financially) cleans up the collateral damage left behind in the wake of the superheroes' battles. He only wants Superman destroyed, because he thinks he's a threat to humanity, and wants to rule over us, instead of help protect us. The only people who should think Lex might be evil, are the heroes.

But that'll never happen.

Even on Smallville, he turned into a comic-book villain, instead of the morally ambiguous antagonist he started out as.

So, no. No more cinematic Lex Luthor. Not unless he's as far away from "greatest criminal mastermind" as possible.

And is played by Clancy Brown with a shaved head. tongue

44Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

More news:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1126148p1.html
We know Nolan is producing Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, and David Goyer's writing it. But we didn't know what it was about - until now.

New York Magazine's Vulture took to the Fortress of Solitude and played a game of crazy Teleport Tag with Zod, Ursa and Non to get this logline: "...the story will follow Clark Kent, a journalist traveling the world 'trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman.'"

Despite the idea's similarity to writer Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright comic from 2003, this sounds like a potentially interesting take worthy of Nolan's attention, and an idea that could make for Snyder's best movie. How exactly Zod, the movie's villain, factors into all of this remains to be seen.

Vulture also points out the particulars behind Snyder signing on, which revolve around the ticking clock on Warner Bros' rights to Superman and Snyder's ability to turn projects around quickly.

According to Vulture's sources, the reason Warners picked Snyder for Superman is that David Goyer's rushed script needs serious work, and "Snyder is looked at as a man who can get the movie completed for 2012." If the studio doesn't get the movie into production by 2011, then they will lose the rights. And with Snyder in play, WB saves time on an extensive rewrite process that they could not afford with, say, a director like The Wrestler's Darren Aronofsky in charge. (You see, Movie Fans, Aronofsky is known in Hollywood as a meticulous whose projects require a lot of development time.)

That news isn't as troubling as Vulture's report that Snyder wasn't exactly WB's top pick. According to their Deep Throat source: "Snyder was not really Warner's first choice to direct Superman, but that a director needed to be hired imminently. Privately, even Snyder has confided to agency sources that the current Superman script needs work, but clearly Warner Bros. believes he can get it done faster than Aronofsky."

Sorry to hear that the movie's being rushed, but hopefully it'll still be good. The "Clark going around the world" is an interesting idea (and in a way reflects what's going on in JMS' run), even though I don't really want an origin-type story. I hope we get a better look at the people in the Daily Planet than we have in the previous films. If the rumor's true, overall the premise sounds interesting to me, even if it wasn't what I was expecting/kinda hoping for. Your thoughts?

45Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Again, like the Green Lantern movie, I will wait to see what the actual trailer looks like before I begin to say whether or not this looks interesting to me.

46Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do not like.

47Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I like Snyder and thought he did great on Watchmen. If u didnt like the movie then I doubt you like the graphic novel since it followed really closely to the source material. Also Watchmen failed to make any money because it was marketed as a comic movie but was too violent for 80% of the comic movie target audience to see.

I think Superman needs to follow Batman Begins and Dark Knight and really become part of that movie universe. Its been a long time since the crappy Superman Returns and I doubt the script was thrown together in a few weeks (does anyone believe the studio wasnt aware of the timeline for a Superman movie release)?

Been almost five years since the release of Superman Returns so hopefully thats long enough to get a decent script and movie going. If u cant make a good Superman movie with the writer of Batman Begins and the director of Begins and Dark Knight producing then the movie deserves to fail.

48Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked Snyder's Watchmen and thought he did a great job but a concern I have about him is when you consider Watchmen and 300 I just tend to wonder about his creative ability. Watchmen, for example, was visually gorgeous with some really iconic scenes however the fact is they weren't Snyder's iconic scenes they were basically direct lifts from the comic recreated in film. I know this would seem like a weird criticism because I definitely enjoyed how faithful Watchmen was but it is a concern.

Maybe Snyder needs someone to create a Superman graphic novel that he can then borrow scene for scene.

49Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am not a big fan of Superman but I am interested to see what Synder does with it.

50Movie News: Superman - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie News: Superman Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just hope the movie isn't in the same style as 300 or Watchmen. I loved 300, and didn't care for Watchmen. Despite loving 300 I don't want a Superman movie in that style. I just don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum