The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Next MAN WITHOUT FEAR? How could there be a 2nd Daredevil? It's not cool unless it's a blind guy with radar sense, damnit. Don't tell me somebody else is going to wear the costume.

I *think* Matt being out of the picture might kill the coolness of the Daredevil comic. Why should there be a second Daredevil if Matt "dies" or quits? They should just move Moonknight to Hells Kitchen instead of creating a new Daredevil.

View user profile

3 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:39 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Do they get enjoyment out of spoiling the end of their own series? I realise this doesn't give too much away but it does give enough away to indicate Matt won't be Daredevil at the end of Shadowland. Where's the benefit to anyone in giving that away early?

View user profile

4 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator
When Danny Rand replaced Murdock, it was cool because Marvel played with that smartly, not pushing anything too much. Here, I don't really see the need for a new DD or just a fill-in (looks like they're going for the latter, just putting someone new in charge of Hell's Kitchen*). Then again, I don't see the need for a new Power Man either.

* What exactly makes Nove good for the job? I haven't been following the character in several years.

View user profile http://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:38 pm

alucardbarnivous

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spoiler:

View user profile http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

6 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

huh

View user profile

7 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm

colossus1979

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
i like the gambit pic at least,plus he's a good candidate if you really think about it....he takes risks alot. i think it's more just a gimmick to sell some books, i'm positive murdock will still be DD when all is said and done.

View user profile

8 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This is just stupid. One, they are possibly partially ruining the ending of Shadowland, and two, DD is the Man Without Fear. You can't replace him.

If they kill DD or have him hang up his suit, I'll be PISSED. He's my favorite Marvel character.

View user profile

9 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 pm

I know DD is the man without fear, he has become a villain now. I think it will be Moon Knight or Iron Fist.

View user profile

10 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
We don't know if he's become a villain. It more like he's possessed.

View user profile

11 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

12 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
There was also a new one with Kraven today...together they make up this montage.

Hmmm.

View user profile

13 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:32 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Weird.

View user profile

14 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm

colossus1979

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
black panther or kraven....maybe....but falcon? Laughing

View user profile

15 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:56 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Shroud makes the most sense, IMO. I enjoyed Blood On The Streets and his mystic vision is perfect.

View user profile

16 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 am

Janson

Zombie
Zombie
Deadpool: Man Without Fear. *crosses fingers*

View user profile

17 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:02 am

supervenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Moon Knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

18 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

19 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm

rwe1138

I approve of the previous message.

------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

20 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:49 am

alucardbarnivous

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spoiler:

View user profile http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

21 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
There would never be a better time to get this man back into the action:

Spoiler:

View user profile

22 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:14 am

comedianviet

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

View user profile http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

23 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Nymn

Pirate
Pirate
jaydee74 wrote:There would never be a better time to get this man back into the action:

Spoiler:

He has been in Atlas. Course, that title's cancelled now. Hmph.

View user profile

24 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 am

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27942
The last bit of solicitation news we'll hit is the fact that "Daredevil" is solicited as the final issue, which took a lot of people by surprise. Last week, we talked about how when creatively things weren't lining up, Thor went on what became a kind of needed break. With these teasers coming for a new "Man Without Fear" are we to expect that Daredevil will be taking a similar turn off the pages of comics for a while?

Brevoort: I should never be surprised by the reactions our audience at this point, and yet time and again, week in and week out, they surprise me. We've been promoting "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" for something like three weeks now, and yet everybody is surprised that "Daredevil" is ending. One pretty clearly follows the other, so I was sort of taken aback by the response to the solicits being, "Oh my gosh! 'Daredevil' is ending!" What did you expect was going to happen when we asked who the new Man Without Fear would be?

Obviously, I can't get into the story mechanics behind any of this, but it's all an outgrowth of "Shadowland" and its finale. We absolutely could be looking at a situation where, as with Thor, there is no Daredevil series for a while, but there is somebody else in an equivalent role. That's hardly earth-shattering, and in fact, taking a character like Daredevil off the canvas for a little while may make the heart grow fonder due to absence more so than just having him around doing his thing and being overlooked because he's always been there. It certainly did with Thor.

On top of that, whenever we do one of these event stories we like to have them result in change. We like for them to "matter", as Axel was saying earlier. So clearly the world of Daredevil and Hell's Kitchen and all the street-level heroes and their titles is going to be impacted in a major way by the end of "Shadowland." The fact that "Daredevil" is ending is one of the effects of that but not the only one.

Well, at least we're not seeing someone else in the DD costume..very few I'd accept in it..Echo and Iron Fist for example. I'm guessing either the new Power Man/Iron Fist book or Ghost Rider (cos he's been seen with a major part in November's solicitations).

View user profile

25 Re: Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear? on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Foreigner_Man wrote:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27942
The last bit of solicitation news we'll hit is the fact that "Daredevil" is solicited as the final issue, which took a lot of people by surprise. Last week, we talked about how when creatively things weren't lining up, Thor went on what became a kind of needed break. With these teasers coming for a new "Man Without Fear" are we to expect that Daredevil will be taking a similar turn off the pages of comics for a while?

Brevoort: I should never be surprised by the reactions our audience at this point, and yet time and again, week in and week out, they surprise me. We've been promoting "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" for something like three weeks now, and yet everybody is surprised that "Daredevil" is ending. One pretty clearly follows the other, so I was sort of taken aback by the response to the solicits being, "Oh my gosh! 'Daredevil' is ending!" What did you expect was going to happen when we asked who the new Man Without Fear would be?

Obviously, I can't get into the story mechanics behind any of this, but it's all an outgrowth of "Shadowland" and its finale. We absolutely could be looking at a situation where, as with Thor, there is no Daredevil series for a while, but there is somebody else in an equivalent role. That's hardly earth-shattering, and in fact, taking a character like Daredevil off the canvas for a little while may make the heart grow fonder due to absence more so than just having him around doing his thing and being overlooked because he's always been there. It certainly did with Thor.

On top of that, whenever we do one of these event stories we like to have them result in change. We like for them to "matter", as Axel was saying earlier. So clearly the world of Daredevil and Hell's Kitchen and all the street-level heroes and their titles is going to be impacted in a major way by the end of "Shadowland." The fact that "Daredevil" is ending is one of the effects of that but not the only one.

Well, at least we're not seeing someone else in the DD costume..very few I'd accept in it..Echo and Iron Fist for example. I'm guessing either the new Power Man/Iron Fist book or Ghost Rider (cos he's been seen with a major part in November's solicitations).

I don't know why he'd be surprised that people were surprised that Daredevil was ending. Just because there have been "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" ads doesn't mean that we should have assumed DD was ending. Another character could have starred in the book for a while, or they could have been false advertisement. How many times has that happened?

I'm not happy about this at all. DD is my favorite Marvel character, and the book has been my favorite Marvel book for quite some time. IMO, Marvel doesn't have an over abundance of good street level characters (I'm a HUGE fan of street level characters), and taking the biggest one off the map irks me.

The only two characters I'd be okay with taking Matt's place for a while are Iron Fist or Moon Knight.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum