Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!

+4
Justin
Airwolf
Rath99
Silent K
8 posters

Pick your favorite Paige!

Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_lcap23%Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_rcap 23% [ 5 ]
Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_lcap23%Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_rcap 23% [ 5 ]
Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_lcap54%Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Vote_rcap 54% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Word is out about the 2011 PoP! Fangirl of the Month Calendar, and we've received an INCREDIBLE response from potential artists, more than enough to fill an entire 12-month calendar.

However, we're saving one of those spots for someone special. With so many talented people in The PoP!ulation, it's impossible to give everyone the recognition they deserve, and if we could print a 36-month calendar, we would. But short of creating new months (PoP!tober?), we at PoP! have devised a way for one of the many aspiring artists in The PoP!ulation to make it into the 2011 PoP! Fangirl of the Month Calendar.

Here's the deal:

Y'know the PoP! Fangirl of the Month, Paige O. Pannell, created for PoP! by the fabulous Ms. Kristin "Foxy" Allen?

Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Evolut11

Sweet ass, right?

Go here to download a hi-res version of this image: http://www.mediafire.com/?ay492bpdalqs6u5

Any PoP!ulation artists who would like to enter for a spot on the 2011 FGOTM Calendar, must submit their own depiction of Paige the PoP! Fangirl of the Month to jknize@panelsonpages.com by Monday, August 23rd, 2010.

Following the submission period, all of the eligible pieces of art will be posted in a poll on the PanelsOnPages.com forums, and the artist with the piece with the most votes by August 30th, 2010, will secure a spot on the 2011 PoP! Fangirl of the Month Calendar, will get a free copy of the 2011 calendar once released, AND will automatically be on the roster for the 2012 PoP! Fangirl of the Month calendar.

Requirements:
Art: Full color, RGB, 9x12, 300 pixels per inch
Artist: Must be a registered PoP! Forum member before August 1st, 2010, with more than 100 Posts.
Deadline: Monday, August 23rd, 2010

The poll will only feature the artwork, not the artist. Any signatures, artist names, etc. on the art pieces will be censored for the sake of the contest.

All artwork submitted becomes property of PanelsOnPages.com.

Now...GET TA WORK!

--The PoP! Stars

Last edited by Silent K on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great Idea! Good luck to all PoP!ulation members who enter.

3Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah i only found this out today! hahahahah wow me!

question:

background?
full body? 3/4?
is to be presented as a concept art or more like pin up stuff?
and orientation of this 9x12 to be horizontal or vertical?
as for medium - it has to be full color? traditional or digital?

thanks guys and cant wait to see them artworks!

4Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Airwolf wrote:
background?
full body? 3/4?
is to be presented as a concept art or more like pin up stuff?
and orientation of this 9x12 to be horizontal or vertical?
as for medium - it has to be full color? traditional or digital?

Background is not necessary, but not discouraged. Please, if submitting a PSD, have Paige be on a separate layer.

Full Color. That is all.

As for the other questions, that's up to you. The PoP!ulation is going to vote on the winner.

5Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Crowdsourcing is evil.

I like it.

6Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Deadline for entries is tomorrow! Let's do this, folks!

7Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I was terribly underwhelmed by the number of entries for this. I thought we had a lot more interested PoP!ulation artists. Oh well, what we DID receive are these 3 entries. A poll has been added, and voting will commence until Monday, August 30th, and the winner and the entire 2011 FGOTM Calendar Roster will be announced on the August 31st PoP!Cast.

Here are your choices, PoP!ulation! Pick one!

Artists, please do not identify yourself or campaign for votes.

Paige A:
Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Paige-13

Paige B:
Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Paige-10

Paige C:
Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Paige-15

Good luck to all the entrants!

Last edited by Silent K on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gotta love little tiny easter eggs, someone knows how to get my vote, lol

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice job everyone!

10Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 pm

oznagol

oznagol
Cadet
Cadet

i was stuck in a truck with champ on the way back from chi and didn't get mine in on time Sad

http://covens-oz.deviantart.com

11Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Congrats Ariel!!!!! Well deserved!

12Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks Tito - I was going to only enter in lineart just cus well I dont have a colorist lined up to do something last minute then i was like - fuck it ill try coloring it... turned out better than i expected and I think I might color the piece ill do for the calendar - once i get more info what that is! lol

13Calling all PoP!ulation Artists!   Empty Re: Calling all PoP!ulation Artists! Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:20 am

actionchick

actionchick
Cadet
Cadet

Eager to see how the contest turns out!!

http://www.actionflickchick.com/superaction

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum