The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legacy of Kain Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legacy of Kain Series on Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 am

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just thought I'd start a thread to chat about this fantastic mythos.

It's a lesser known series that has a pretty big cult-follwing. If you haven't played this...vampires, demons, spirits, wraiths, deities, sorcerors, time-travel. All of that is slapped into a action/adventure game. This dark fantasy has so much to this series it is sick.

Blood Omen & Blood Omen 2

The first game is very Sega Genesis on the playstation. It reminded me of GTA and Diablo with its above head view. The second game is damned fun. This one has the most linear story of the series, but, like GTA, it has a guilty pleasure through freedom of doing things with a light set course throught the game. You basically can lurk and drink the blood of innocence or start a fight with a knight, demon, etc. and then drink their blood.

Soul Reaver & Soul Reaver 2

In the first one you meet Raziel, a vampire cast into The Abyss. He is revitalized as a wraith by The Elder God, but is a very specific type of wraith. Raziel is transformed into a Soul Reaver. This is where the series gets much more complex with time travel and such.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

This is where many things come to a head. Like this season of Lost.

I don't want to give anything away because I wanna chat. So...where are you L.o.K. fans at?

View user profile

2 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:44 pm

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Got 10 minutes. A neat little review/re-cap of Soul Reaver with touches on other games in the series.

Part 1 (Part II coming soon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZg9-oPTsTs&feature=channel

View user profile

3 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:11 pm

jester

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
I miss the series. I wish they would go back and finish the last chapter of the story. I hear that it was written but, never made into a game. So sad panda.

View user profile

4 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I remember the first game.. It was alot of fun cause it played out like diablo I really miss that one out of all the rest

View user profile

5 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 pm

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Soul Reaver is still my favorite.

View user profile

6 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 pm

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jester wrote:I miss the series. I wish they would go back and finish the last chapter of the story. I hear that it was written but, never made into a game. So sad panda.
Never heard that. I thought the ending to Defiance was fitting.

View user profile

7 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:01 am

jester

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
The ending was good. But, Kain has really made a mess of the world. I think Kain needs to fix things or pay for his crimes. I would love to see what they would do.

View user profile

8 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am

Raziel story is over and finished. Kain's story still needs to be told. That being said however; a lot of key characters are dead. Still could be interesting...

View user profile

9 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Right here. I been a fan since around 1999. We need a new Lok for PS3/360 damnit. I'd love to play another game with Kain.

View user profile

10 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Juggalojohn

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
this is my favorite Game series of all time

View user profile

11 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 am

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:Right here. I been a fan since around 1999. We need a new Lok for PS3/360 damnit. I'd love to play another game with Kain.
That'd be great. Like BreathEasy said, a game where Kain gets more loose ends tied. Like future Kain manipulates the happenings of his past self, who could also be a playable character.

Juggalojohn wrote:this is my favorite Game series of all time
Top 5 for, easy.

View user profile

12 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 am

soul reaver 2 was tha very first game i got for my ps2. it was fantastic, except for that damn bird glitch lol. and defiance was great too. i prefer raziel over kain anyday, so i wouldnt be too excited for another kain game. tha whole story and all tha characters were great.

View user profile

13 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Juggalojohn

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
THALASTDRAGON wrote:soul reaver 2 was tha very first game i got for my ps2.

it was the reason Me and my brother got the PS2

View user profile

14 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Juggalojohn

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Found this on DA. not as good as him getting clocked by the count, but

View user profile

15 Re: Legacy of Kain Series on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja