Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confusing Characters

+6
Aussiemandias
azrael07
tstrike99
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
kidspider2099
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Confusing Characters Empty Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:17 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xorn is totally confusing. First he's magneto then turns out he's not mageto. Come on Marvel make up your mind.

also Power-girl. Her original origin has been changed 3 or four times the same goes for spider-woman.

also the Phantom stranger.

2Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The origins of Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman are confusing as hell.

3Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:42 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The origins of Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman are confusing as hell.

true but Geoff Johns did fix it.

4Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The origins of Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman are confusing as hell.

I'm still sorta confused (granted I haven't actually read the Johns stuff, just some quick synopses of it), and I think that Brightest Day is kinda making their continuity murky again.

5Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

I'm still sorta confused (granted I haven't actually read the Johns stuff, just some quick synopses of it), and I think that Brightest Day is kinda making their continuity murky again.

Go read Justice society return of Hawkman it might make more sense. Justice society is an awesome book period.

6Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Go read Justice society return of Hawkman it might make more sense. Justice society is an awesome book period.

That's been on my must read list for a while. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

7Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

I think the Brightest Day stuff is pulling it all together nicely. don't know

Xorn was a Grant Morrison invention, so it was bound to get retconned. But yea, don't know much about him.

Phantom Stranger is meant to be mysterious. The biggest clue is that he's The Wandering Jew.

Power Girl's was corrected. She's only had 3. And the 3rd is technically the original.

8Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

I think the Brightest Day stuff is pulling it all together nicely. don't know

Xorn was a Grant Morrison invention, so it was bound to get retconned. But yea, don't know much about him.

Phantom Stranger is meant to be mysterious. The biggest clue is that he's The Wandering Jew.

Yes but anytime you have more than one origin it gets a little confusing. I'm glad that they have neve
Power Girl's was corrected. She's only had 3. And the 3rd is technically the original.

Yes but anytime you have more than one origin it gets a little confusing. I'm glad that they have never done the Joker's true origin.

9Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:56 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I think Marvel has had more confusing characters than DC. Although most of the "big" ones seem to get re-done every decade or so. I remember I was so happy when I was able to make a flow chart of Cable's history. (this was back in the mid-90's) Looking back at that now, WTF? we shouldn't have to do that to understand what's going on in a book!

10Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ive always found the origins of kidspider2099 to be quite dubious.

11Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:18 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:I think Marvel has had more confusing characters than DC. Although most of the "big" ones seem to get re-done every decade or so. I remember I was so happy when I was able to make a flow chart of Cable's history. (this was back in the mid-90's) Looking back at that now, WTF? we shouldn't have to do that to understand what's going on in a book!
You made flow chart?! Laughing That's hilariously and awesomely nerdy of you.

Does not say much about his character. That's what always turned me off about the character. It's like, is he like Bishop or...? Also, he spawned all the "one weirdly designed eye"/"I carry impractically large weapons" type of characters.

12Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

don't forget the shoulderpads!

13Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:ive always found the origins of kidspider2099 to be quite dubious.

the origin of kidspider2099 is mystery of the ages. I made an orgin once but i lost it i ought to re-do it.

14Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
azrael07 wrote:ive always found the origins of kidspider2099 to be quite dubious.

the origin of kidspider2099 is mystery of the ages. I made an orgin once but i lost it i ought to re-do it.

So you're gonna get a reboot?

15Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

Xorn wasn't confusing at all. Not more than any other mysterious character, that is. The problem was after Morrison left Marvel and they attempted to ruin the character the best way they could (though Morrison did some wrongs too, with making the original be Magneto in disguise).

The Legion of Super-Heroes is the most confusing team of all. It has so many members and wacky origins, that even the team itself suffered with the most reboots/retcons any other franchise suffered from. I doubt even DC editorial and the team's most loyal fanbase know what's going on with LoSH right now.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

16Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tstrike99 wrote:don't forget the shoulderpads!
Ah yes, the shoulderpads/bulky costume aspect that hinders mobility. tongue

17Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:07 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

So you're gonna get a reboot?

yep i'm gonna be all new all different.

18Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Spiderman confuses me, I don't understand why this guy can't pay his rent when all he has to do is break an ATM machine and take the cash. He acts so holier than thou.

19Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:

The Legion of Super-Heroes is the most confusing team of all. It has so many members and wacky origins, that even the team itself suffered with the most reboots/retcons any other franchise suffered from. I doubt even DC editorial and the team's most loyal fanbase know what's going on with LoSH right now.

All due to various Crises (crisises???). Power Girl got a mention before. You can blame the various Crises for her origin problems too.

20Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Xorn wasn't confusing at all. Not more than any other mysterious character, that is. The problem was after Morrison left Marvel and they attempted to ruin the character the best way they could (though Morrison did some wrongs too, with making the original be Magneto in disguise).

Every single thing in this is 1100% true

http://www.demonweasel.com

21Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:33 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I think we are all confusing characters. nuff said...

22Confusing Characters Empty Re: Confusing Characters Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:57 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yes. yes we are. 'cept for me. im azrael07. Bear King Extraordinaire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum