Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting my brother into comics

+8
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Parallax_48
Big Poppa Nick
Rath99
Goof
kidspider2099
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting my brother into comics Empty Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My Brother loves Wolverine because of the movies so i thought i should get him some wolverine comics but i'm not sure where start any suggestions?

2Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:53 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wolverine Saga (1989) 1 thru 4. There about a buck and a half a piece.

Getting my brother into comics 4176551_1

It's a good place to start.

3Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^Good suggestion

You can also look into this
Getting my brother into comics D_6262

4Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Some good collected stuff is Enemy of the State, Old Man Logan, and the new series, with wolverine going to hell.

5Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Wolverine by Claremont and Miller.

Wolverine: Logan by Brian K Vaughn and Eduardo Risso.

6Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wolverine Origins Mini and Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X

Getting my brother into comics Wolverineoriginssb1

Getting my brother into comics Wolverine-weaponx-hc

7Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:42 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How old is your brother? With Wolverine books there's some stuff I wouldn't give to a kid (if he is one).

8Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wolverine: Get Mystique

Getting my brother into comics 2s79n2c

http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Get-Mystique-Jason-Aaron/dp/0785129634/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284254356&sr=1-1

9Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:How old is your brother? With Wolverine books there's some stuff I wouldn't give to a kid (if he is one).

He's a kid at heart. He's 34 i think. I cam never remember.

I don't think i'm going to get him comics i asked if wanted wolverine comics and he said he didn't think so he thought he get get bored reading them.

10Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:38 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh 34, cool then.

When the Sex and Violence trade come out give him that or just get the single issues.

11Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:46 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Get him into Walking Dead or something similar to that. The problem with starting him with Wolverine or any of the mainstream big two books is that he may get overwhelmed. Wolverine leads to X-Books and Avengers books which lead to pretty much the rest of teh Marvel U.

Walking Dead you cant go wrong with. It will show him comics can not only be mature but well written and self contained as well.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

12Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:01 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Get him into Walking Dead or something similar to that. The problem with starting him with Wolverine or any of the mainstream big two books is that he may get overwhelmed. Wolverine leads to X-Books and Avengers books which lead to pretty much the rest of teh Marvel U.

Walking Dead you cant go wrong with. It will show him comics can not only be mature but well written and self contained as well.

other than shaun of the dead and my boyfriends back he's not really into zombie movies so walking dead may not be his cup of tea. I'm thinking i might get him hulk Vs seeing how it does have wolverine at least in the first half.

13Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think you have to be a zombie fan to like The Walking Dead. It's good enough that it transcends genre.

As for Wolverine, I'd highly recommend the Marvel Comics Presents stuff, if you can find the TPBs. I don't know how readily available they are.

14Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How about Preacher?

15Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:How about Preacher?

ummm no.

16Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you're looking for some non-superhero comics to try, I have a few recommendations:

Jersey G-ds. It's a great story about a fourth world-like g-d who falls in love with a woman from New Jersey. It's got great art if you like Jack Kirby stuff and the characters are pretty cool as well. This is a bit of a superhero comic but it's in it's own world so you should be good.

Chew. Another great story about a guy who is a cibopath, meaning he gets a psychic sensation from anything he eats, except for beets. It's a fun story with some cool characters and a great story.

Scott Pilgrim. A story about a lovable loser who must defeat his new girlfriend's seven evil exes. Fun story with a lot of pop culture references.

Hope that helps a bit.

17Getting my brother into comics Empty Re: Getting my brother into comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ totally agree with all of that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum