Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kick Ass 2

+5
prescribeddrone
jestghost
jaydee74
Arsenal0602
Heytherejeffro
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kick Ass 2 Empty Kick Ass 2 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anybody else not know this was coming out yesterday?

I guess there was no ad in Previews, just 1 line on the Marvel order form for orders. Interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

2Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 am

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

I knew it was coming out and I picked it up and I am pretty meh about it, the book was all over the place more like a preview then an actual book. I'm sure when they start explaining what is going on it will be better but I still don't feel like a second series was needed

3Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't know it was coming out but when I saw it I walked right by it.

4Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:23 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I took a peek at it and didn't seem that interesting to me. I just set back down.

5Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it.

6Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Arsenal0602 wrote:I knew it was coming out and I picked it up and I am pretty meh about it, the book was all over the place more like a preview then an actual book. I'm sure when they start explaining what is going on it will be better but I still don't feel like a second series was needed

a second series WASN'T really needed...at least not right away....it's basically copypasta so they can pump out another kick-ass move by next summer.... shake my head

7Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it, it didn't grab me like the first issue of the first series did, but I do like the direction that Millar is going with it. I like that that he sets us up early to what will be a big fight and will lead us to that point throught the rest of the series.

I did notice that he did make it extremly accessable to the movie fans by including Marcus as a more important character as opposed to the one panel he was in for the last series, (which I assume was done for the movie anyway). Also by being a bit vague on the diffrences between Mindy's upbringing, not going into the whole drug thing.

I wonder if Marvel is downplaying the release of this due to scheduling.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

8Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Those were my thoughts exactly! Luckily my comic lady grabbed it for me. Wouldn't have known. Don't look at Marvel's scheduling anymore. Just knew Scarlet was coming out because of Bendis on Twitter.

Anyways, I'll read it tonight. Flipped through it a little. Even though it's $3, kind of skimp. Hopefully the story'll be cool.

9Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I ended up reading it just now. It was a good start. Obvious that it'd evolve into this, but, I don't know, just seemed to me that the first series cemented the fact that being a superhero in real life is so risky it's imbecilic. And this kind of goes back on that.

10Kick Ass 2 Empty Re: Kick Ass 2 Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:19 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

I knew they were making it but I didn't know it was out, I didn't even see it at the comic book shop today either. I'll have to remember the next time I go to see if they have it.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum