Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ragman: Suit of Souls

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ragman: Suit of Souls 15796_400x600

Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE; Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA; Cover by JESUS SAIZ

Rory Regan has long struggled to reconcile the burden he carries as the Ragman, protector of society's forgotten, with his own strained faith.

Could the souls he has consigned to redeem themselves within his mystic suit have the answers he needs about what lies beyond — and about the mysteries kept from him by his own father? Christos Gage (STORMWATCH: PHD, Avengers: The Initiative) and Stephen Segovia (Wolverine) provide a look inside one of the DCU's most peculiar Super Heroes in this standalone one-shot!
DC Comics 32pg. Color $3.99 US

2Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anyone else read this? I have to say that I am so interested in this character having read this one-shot. What an interesting character.

3Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

One of my favorite writers on a C-List character? Hell yeah I read it. It was great, even though it was mostly a recap issue. Gage is fantastic when it comes to characterization, and this was no different.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

4Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm kind of glad it was a recap cause I am not all the familiar with the character other than I knew he existed. What he can do is absolutely amazing. One thing I am confused on. So the Rags are made of evil souls. I am assuming Ragman the person who loses his soul to the costume dies, right? I do love how the costume allows redemption for the soul though. It's a very interesting concept and I really like this character enough to seek out more stuff with him in it. Sometimes people are negative about one-shots but this did for me what a one-shot is supposed to do. Get you interested enough in the character to seek out other stuff. Well done.

5Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

jaydee74 wrote:One thing I am confused on. So the Rags are made of evil souls. I am assuming Ragman the person who loses his soul to the costume dies, right?
Yes, when someone's absorbed into the costume then for all intents and purposes they die in the physical world. If they help the suit's wearer (and not all of them do; sometimes a soul or two doesn't want to cooperate at first, but they eventually come around) they can earn redemption and passage into the next life, whatever that may be. But if they're "killed" (as many were when Rory fought Eclipso during Day of Vengeance) they simply cease to exist.

6Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's what I thought and that just freaking fascinates me. I love the idea that the costume has the potential to redeem an evil soul. I need to get me more stuff with this character in it. Have you read the Shadow Pact mini-series? I'll probably get that in trade and then try and find old back issues with Ragman in it.

7Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait to get this. Like RWE said, he's one of my favorite c-listers, arguably d-lister.

Who's getting Nightmaster next month?

8Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Can't wait to get this. Like RWE said, he's one of my favorite c-listers, arguably d-lister.

Who's getting Nightmaster next month?

I thought this one-shot sold me big time on the character.

Nightmaster? Alright. Sell me on the character and maybe I'l pick it up.

9Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/graphic_novels/?gn=16064

Jim Rook, owner of the Oblivion Bar, wields a mysterious sword with still unknown mystical capabilities, and is imbued by the soul of its former owner, his father. Really interesting character. He grew on me in Shadowpact.

10Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

jaydee74 wrote: Have you read the Shadow Pact mini-series? I'll probably get that in trade and then try and find old back issues with Ragman in it.
You mean the Day of Vengeance mini that led up to Infinite Crisis? Because the Shadowpact's never had a mini. They had an ongoing that lasted for 25 issues, though. I heard good things and read the first trade, but it just didn't click with me and I wasn't interested enough to get the others.

As for Ragman himself, he had a pre-Crisis series that lasted 5 issues, a post-Crisis one that lasted 8 and a 6 issue mini called Cry of the Dead, none of which I've read.

11Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The 90s miniseries are really good. The failed ongoing, the five issue series, was okay but didn't get to evolve into anything. His Tatterdemalion became even cooler with the "each patch is a sinful soul" aspect in his latter history.

I thoroughly enjoyed Shadowpact from beginning to abrupt cancellation. Heh. The last story-arc was kind of weak, but that's only because it was kind of rushed.

12Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/graphic_novels/?gn=16064

Jim Rook, owner of the Oblivion Bar, wields a mysterious sword with still unknown mystical capabilities, and is imbued by the soul of its former owner, his father. Really interesting character. He grew on me in Shadowpact.
Um. Yeah. I'm getting this. Thanks for the link as well.

rwe1138 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote: Have you read the Shadow Pact mini-series? I'll probably get that in trade and then try and find old back issues with Ragman in it.
You mean the Day of Vengeance mini that led up to Infinite Crisis? Because the Shadowpact's never had a mini. They had an ongoing that lasted for 25 issues, though. I heard good things and read the first trade, but it just didn't click with me and I wasn't interested enough to get the others.

As for Ragman himself, he had a pre-Crisis series that lasted 5 issues, a post-Crisis one that lasted 8 and a 6 issue mini called Cry of the Dead, none of which I've read.

Ah. I knew they were in a mini-series. I'll check that out. I am going to try and seek out the Ragman issues for sure. He just looks like an awesome character. I might try the Shadowpact series as well but I'm more interested in the Ragman solo stuff first.

BlueMaxx wrote:^ The 90s miniseries are really good. The failed ongoing, the five issue series, was okay but didn't get to evolve into anything. His Tatterdemalion became even cooler with the "each patch is a sinful soul" aspect in his latter history.

I thoroughly enjoyed Shadowpact from beginning to abrupt cancellation. Heh. The last story-arc was kind of weak, but that's only because it was kind of rushed.
Good to know. Thanks for that.

13Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it. Kind of just told people the retconning of his mythos that fans could've put together with easy imagination, but the narrative told it well.

No thread for Nightmaster, but man, did I love that. Eddie the Hippie was a very nice touch for that one-shot. Also, please, DC. Give Shadowpact another chance. Give it to Adam Beechen.

14Ragman: Suit of Souls Empty Re: Ragman: Suit of Souls Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have always liked Ragman, from Shadowpact, so I read this. I enjoyed it.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum