Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smackdown vs RAW 2011

+8
Silent K
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
Fresh03
jaydee74
shanhain
UltimateUltimacy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:25 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm still not done creating Big Gavin Cool, so I havent started on the rest of SUper-Fly yet. I did make Dr. Topper signs for the crowd though. Plan on figuring out the tattoos today.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

2Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

Picked this up for the 360 yesterday. Loving the new corner create-a-move, but haven't gotten a chance to explore the CAW section.

3Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:44 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

shanhain wrote:Picked this up for the 360 yesterday. Loving the new corner create-a-move, but haven't gotten a chance to explore the CAW section.

this is my first smackdown,or any wrestling, game in about 5 years. CAW seems pretty much the same. Create-An-Entrance had my attention for a while though.

4Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

I try to stay away from the create an entrance......In past games, I would spend hours creating the perfect entrance, only to wind up skipping it during the actual game.

5Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

good call.

6Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like these games well enough but I always tend to get bored with them eventually. I used to make my own CAW and I called him JD Styles. I first started that with the first Smackdown game you could make your own wrestler. It was a lot of fun and I would make my character a bit technical and a bit high flier. What makes this version better than previous versions?

7Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I took a break so i could finish Star Wars FU 1 and the dlc. For me it comes down to the CAW and this one is pretty solid. Especially with the new paint feature i can re create all my tattoos. (And I have Dr.Topper crowd signs.)

8Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you can, post pictures of your CAWs when you can.

9Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:If you can, post pictures of your CAWs when you can.

I need to finish my tattoos and play more. As you play it saves moments from matches(finishers, pinfalls, submissions, big moves, ect.) and you can make a Highlight Reel/Entrance video out of them. Then upload it to YouTube.

10Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I haven't enjoyed a SD vs. Raw since Here comes the Pain, after they chaged the control scheme to the Dual sticks and cut about half of what you could do in the previous games out, just ridiculous for a game to regress like that. I always tell myself I'm not going to pick up SD vs. Raw, but then I see it on clearance somewhere and I grab it, play it for a couple of days, and inevitably take it to Gamestop to trade in.

11Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

UltimateUltimacy wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:If you can, post pictures of your CAWs when you can.

I need to finish my tattoos and play more. As you play it saves moments from matches(finishers, pinfalls, submissions, big moves, ect.) and you can make a Highlight Reel/Entrance video out of them. Then upload it to YouTube.
Shocked
That sounds outstanding.

12Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

you could do that with last year's, too

13Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Enter SD vs. Raw video to win a Slammy Award
» Reported by Steve Gerweck of Wrestleview.com
» On November 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm
THQ announced on Wednesday that it will sponsor "Create Your Videogame Moment of the Year" contest for the Smackdown vs RAW 2011 video game. Players will have the chance to submit in-game video footage from the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 for the opportunity to be recognized as creating the best WWE videogame moment of the year. The grand prize contest winner will receive an official WWE Slammy Award trophy and recognition of his or her achievement and creation during the special three hour episode of RAW on December 13 which will have the Slammy Awards. For more information please visit

http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

14Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a fun game, WWE Universe is cool.

15Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

JD: I get the feeling whoeveer wins that is going to be some littl ekid or ana dult with to much time on his hands. I wish I had to much time on my hands.

prescib: xbox or ps3?

I'm going to try to get some of my video up today. All I've created is Jared, Tony and myself. Still got Tad, Travis and I told Cricket I'd make him.

16Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For people who were making themselves on the game, is there a way to import a photo to create your wrestler or do you just have to mess around with the settings until your wrestler resembles you. Do people think that this game is really worth throwing down money for? Just wondering as I am considering it.

17Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:36 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

UU: I got it for PS3

18Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:08 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:For people who were making themselves on the game, is there a way to import a photo to create your wrestler or do you just have to mess around with the settings until your wrestler resembles you. Do people think that this game is really worth throwing down money for? Just wondering as I am considering it.

I hardly mess with the face(no download). Hair, beard and maybe my old septum ring. thats about it. I don't think its worth buying the new edition every year, but every few years for the updated roster and general gameplay updates.

19Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

prescribeddrone wrote:UU: I got it for PS3

The PoP!ulation is growing on there. Lee, MillionDollarGeek and myself are on now. Others are talking about it, besides JD above.

20Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

UltimateUltimacy wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:For people who were making themselves on the game, is there a way to import a photo to create your wrestler or do you just have to mess around with the settings until your wrestler resembles you. Do people think that this game is really worth throwing down money for? Just wondering as I am considering it.

I hardly mess with the face(no download). Hair, beard and maybe my old septum ring. thats about it. I don't think its worth buying the new edition every year, but every few years for the updated roster and general gameplay updates.

I might get it. I don't have a wrestling game at the moment and the last one I played was the 2009 version. I've played every Smackdown game that came out and the first two RAW games. This looks intriguing to me so maybe I'll check it out.

21Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have 09 and I didn't get 2010 because its late now and I got this as the present from my wife. Every year prior to 09 I would get them when they were 20 bucks every year and I would always create the same people. So much of the dynamic has changed, I'm still used to the 09 control settings when I try to pick my opponent up I end up pinning him instead.

Create an Entrance: when I found out I can add in my own custom music I started to download all my cds on to my ps3 and already I know what song is going to what wrestler I'm going to create. The downside? You can't even hear it when you take your caw online for matches.

online matches: I love them. I didn't know you could max out the attributes to your caw so when I took my guy online I ended up losing badly except for a few matches to where it turned into a reversal chain match. I had this opponent message me and tell me he respects me for having my caw with low attributes and going online to play. Then I increased him. lol. No downside except for those opponents that like to do the same move every time... and those kids with headsets who decide to commentate and talk shit during matches. Annoying.

CAW: awesome as all hell!!!! More moves, more of everything from the previous games. And if you don't want to spend your time making your moves, you can always copy the move set from a wrestler. If you really don't want to spend the time and effort creating a wrestler but want someone real bad? Go online and do a search a name on the creative community and you have a whole list of people that have created that character and you can download it on to your list which now includes up to 50 caws.

So should you buy this game? If you want to get in on the action with Gavin, Lee and myself.... then yes. Its worth having it for the fun of what is about to happen. Like Gavin said, every 2 years.

Plus so far I've made my caw as well as Spaced4SimonPeg and have uploaded them online. Lee has made Kerouac and I downloaded it from him and Gavin has Twilight Tony up. Once I am able to get as many caws then I will be able to post pics online of them.

In the meantime I give this game 4 out of 5 Ultimate Warrior caws from the 80s.

22Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:54 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This sounds like I should get this game. Oh. I have the 360.

23Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:This sounds like I should get this game. Oh. I have the 360.

BOO THIS MAN!

24Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

UltimateUltimacy wrote:

BOO THIS MAN!

Very Happy I love my XBOX 360. Boo all you want.

25Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Empty Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2011 Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:45 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
UltimateUltimacy wrote:

BOO THIS MAN!

Very Happy I love my XBOX 360. Boo all you want.

its all good ^5. ps vs xbox basically comes down to franchises anymore, and I love Ratchet and Clank and God of War.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum