The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fear Itself

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26 Re: Fear Itself on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
http://marvel.com/

Scroll down and you'll see the "DO YOU FEAR..." countdown...about 3 days and 10 hours left. Shocked

View user profile

27 Re: Fear Itself on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:34 pm

shark6495

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Wtf happened to April? Almost like they can't keep a gift secret

View user profile http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

28 Re: Fear Itself on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm guessing three days is when the solicits for these books will be released.

View user profile

29 Re: Fear Itself on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Bingo.

surprised

View user profile

30 Re: Fear Itself on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Demonweasel

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
As much as I hate event marketing & the way Marvel handles them, that a big thing like this would begin with a slow build and work its way up is fun. It's what made Civil War & Secret Invasion a bit more interesting, even though the payoffs in the books were less than stellar.

------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

31 Re: Fear Itself on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The teaser images really don't look like it's going to be an event that takes place in one big book. I've been thinking that it might be something like Acts of Vengeance where it takes places over a bunch of books.

View user profile

32 Re: Fear Itself on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29956

CBR: Finally, I understand you guys will be announcing the next Marvel event in the coming week at a live press conference in New York. That sure is different! I'm not sure there's much you want to say about the story of the project outside the "fear-based" teasers that have been hitting, but considering our talks in the past about events, I was wondering if this will be another step up in size from the recent run of family events? Are you planning on letting the pendulum swing all the way back to a line-wide event like "Siege" or "Civil War" or "Secret Invasion?"

Brevoort: You know, we went into the Heroic Age, and we took a year or so off from doing big, interconnected event series, because we sensed a certain fatigue was setting in, both on the part of the readers and our creators. And fans seemed to like that for the most part. But now we're all well-rested and it's time to get back to business again.

So the thing we're going to be talking about a week from now is massive. It's incredibly huge, incredibly far-reaching. It's a big ol' bombshell to drop, and there's not much more I can say about it ahead of time. But yes, this will not be a small thing. This will be a grand, sweeping, epic Marvel event the likes of which you haven't seen in a few years. It's definitely larger in scope than "Siege," more on the scale of "Secret Invasion," and as ambitious in its way as "Civil War."

To that end, we're having a press conference on Tuesday at Noon Eastern at a location we can't reveal quite yet. But if you can't make it, we're streaming the whole thing live on Marvel.Com.

^According to Bleeding Cool, the press conference will be at Midtown Comics in Times Square. Looking forward to seeing what all this is about!

View user profile

33 Re: Fear Itself on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Demonweasel

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
*sigh* well there you go.

Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

34 Re: Fear Itself on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Again... I for one am fine with events - I actually LIKE them - but don't say you're stepping away from doing them, only to put the next one out more or less right on schedule. If they'd gone five years without one, I'd have been impressed. Two? COME ON SON!

View user profile

35 Re: Fear Itself on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator
How do you figure they've gone 2 years? Siege finished in May.

View user profile

36 Re: Fear Itself on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^And Shadowland just finished. It may not have been a huge one, but dammit it was still an event.

View user profile

37 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:^And Shadowland just finished. It may not have been a huge one, but dammit it was still an event.

Shadowland was more like one of those "family events" they've talked about. Defintely overblown (not to mention poorly done) but nothing on the level of one of those event events.

I for one love the huge crossover event stories. And I still don't understand why any comic fan would have "fatigue" from big huge stories like that. That's the kinda shit I read superhero comics for! I say bring em on.

View user profile

38 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 am

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
I for one love the huge crossover event stories. And I still don't understand why any comic fan would have "fatigue" from big huge stories like that. That's the kinda shit I read superhero comics for! I say bring em on.

Because those typically focus too heavily on trying to set up the next status quo at the expense of character development. And when they're back to back and NOT done well, that's where the fatigue sets in.

Done well, these big events are fantastic and alot of fun. Unfortunately there's been more mediocre than great recently. But I'll be honest, I'm kinda twitching for some big story to read soon

View user profile

39 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:11 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Because those typically focus too heavily on trying to set up the next status quo at the expense of character development. And when they're back to back and NOT done well, that's where the fatigue sets in.

Done well, these big events are fantastic and alot of fun. Unfortunately there's been more mediocre than great recently. But I'll be honest, I'm kinda twitching for some big story to read soon

I'm definitely itching for a big meaningful story too man. Looking forward to this Fear story, and learning more about Flashpoint over at DC.

In terms of "fatigue" it seems a lot of comic fans just hate the idea of having these events and want things to "slow down", that's what I don't get. Especially considering they sell so well despite the loud complaints. And I like the fact that an event leads to a new status quo, whether its a small change or a huge change. I think these comic universe's should be a living changing thing with stories leading to each other and bleeding into each another. The way I see it is some of the main books should carry some of the ongoing narrative for a universe until the next big crossover. And at the same time, keep your more self-contained books self-contained and telling great stories.

View user profile

40 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:^And Shadowland just finished. It may not have been a huge one, but dammit it was still an event.

I guess it depends how you define an event. To be fair Shadowland only really crossed over with Daredevil. I realise it featured a lot of other characters but I thought Daredevil was the only book really impacted.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I'm definitely itching for a big meaningful story too man. Looking forward to this Fear story, and learning more about Flashpoint over at DC.

In terms of "fatigue" it seems a lot of comic fans just hate the idea of having these events and want things to "slow down", that's what I don't get. Especially considering they sell so well despite the loud complaints. And I like the fact that an event leads to a new status quo, whether its a small change or a huge change. I think these comic universe's should be a living changing thing with stories leading to each other and bleeding into each another. The way I see it is some of the main books should carry some of the ongoing narrative for a universe until the next big crossover. And at the same time, keep your more self-contained books self-contained and telling great stories.

Actually, I thought Brevoort's reference above to the creators being fatigued by events was interesting. I've always thought if anyone was truly fatigued by it all it would have to be the creators. I realise it's all part of working in the world they work in but there's got to be some of them who just think "can't we just be left alone for a while to tell our own stories?".

I'm actually a bit disappointed in "The Heroic Age" now in retrospecct. I'm not really sure it ever really amounted to much and all it really seemed to me was that it's the period after Osborne was deposed.

View user profile

41 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:

I guess it depends how you define an event. To be fair Shadowland only really crossed over with Daredevil. I realise it featured a lot of other characters but I thought Daredevil was the only book really impacted.

True, but it was a cause for heroes to unite, and it had a bunch of tie ins. I'd count it. It might not have been a big, company wide mega event, but it was still an event in my book.

View user profile

42 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator
It was enough of an event that we heard about it every fucking week on the PoP!Cast for months...

View user profile

43 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
For the record, the press conference will be streamed live on Marvel.com tomorrow at 12 Noon ET/11 AM CT.

http://marvel.com/news/story/14886/all_will_be_revealed_watch_live

Giggity.

View user profile

44 Re: Fear Itself on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Silent K wrote:It was enough of an event that we heard about it every fucking week on the PoP!Cast for months...

Almost SOLELY because Lee's a DD nerd.

View user profile

45 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:46 pm

shark6495

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Again on my phone so I can't post the image but there is a new teaser, iron man and do you fear theegacy you leave behind

View user profile http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

46 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator

Click!

View user profile

47 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Cool!

View user profile

48 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
So its called Fear Itself written by Matt Fraction and drawn by Stuart Immonen.

Another teaser...

View user profile

49 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just finished watching the press conference. I am seriosly burned out on events, they say they gave us a year off, but it really did not feel like it duie to the fact that during that year there were mini events.

My most major gripe with events is the amount of money it costs in the long run. Sure they say you wont need to read the crossovers, but will they mean it this time. Marvel said this with Civil War and if you wanted to know what happend to Nitro after he destroyed the school, you had to read Wolverine, I also believe there was a in between fight in a Spider-Man comic that took place in between 2 issues of Civil War as well. DC did the same thing with Final Crisis, Batman is captured in issue 2 and then running around free by issue 6. You had to read two issues of Batman to find out how he escaped.

When they make the you will get a solid story statement, they need to stick to it. Joey Q. started his whole speech today on economy, well, it does not help if we have to spend over 80 bucks for a full story. It will be intresting how this plays out. The concept sounbds intresting enough for me to want to check it out, but I don't want to have to be forced to buy titles I don't normally buy just to find out what happens to things they start in the mini.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

50 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum