The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fear Itself

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'll say what I said on twitter. I think Daredevil's going to return in the last issue to defeat the God of Fear.

"What do you fear?" "Nothing." Daredevil punches him in the face. The event ends.

View user profile

52 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

vikoros

Ninja
Ninja
I have only been able to follow comics in trade form for about 2 years now. I just don't have the time or money to make it to my LCS for new issues on a regular basis. However, I do love big events... I just wish they didn't take so long to collect. I'm finally getting Siege (for Christmas)because it took forever to come out in paperback... it's really really hard to avoid spoilers for that long. Sadly, I doubt I will ever get to read the full story for Siege because there are too many trades... every friggin series had a trade. I wish they would just do what they did with the Infinity War collections. Put everything (the main story and ALL the tie-ins) into 2 books and mark them up about 10 bucks or so. I'd be much more likely to buy two books at 20-30 bucks each rather than 4-6 books at 15-20 bucks each.

I guess I'm getting a bit derailed here, but I mostly just wanted to say that I love the Marvel Events... I just wished they were better organized.

I'll be interested to see exactly what commentary this makes on the current climate.

View user profile

53 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Fraction looks pretty scared himself in that comics bunker of his. Laughing

I wonder how much significance that serpent symbol thing in all the teasers has. Plus, is this "God of Fear" the same thing as Phobos in Secret Warriors or some kind of offshoot that's more sinister?

View user profile

54 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm not excited or annoyed. I have no problem with Fraction but I never liked the stuff he did *that much*. I guess I'll see how this plays out once the solicits come out or once the first issue comes out, right now I'm thinking "meh, I'll stick my usual books and see how I like it when it comes out"

View user profile

55 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

56 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well, I'll be passing on this one as I am NOT a fan of Fraction's writing at all.

View user profile

57 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

shark6495

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Fractions comment in the video makes sense... this summer is a bunch of marvel movies, so why not have a huge company wide cross over at the same time... it will make people read other books to follow the story and maybe garner some new readers from the casual movie goer....

View user profile http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

58 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:Well, I'll be passing on this one as I am NOT a fan of Fraction's writing at all.

Hey you've really liked his Invincible Iron Man run (till recently) right Aussie? Maybe its worth a shot. Wink
Also, have you tried his new Thor run? I think it's a great fresh take on the mythos.

shark6495 wrote:Fractions comment in the video makes sense... this summer is a bunch of marvel movies, so why not have a huge company wide cross over at the same time... it will make people read other books to follow the story and maybe garner some new readers from the casual movie goer....

Yeah that always seems to be the plan but for some reason movies don't seem to bring in significant new readers, as far as I've heard.

View user profile

59 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm

rwe1138

I think I've cracked it. Follow me on this...

The lead-in issue takes place during WWII with the Invaders. From the conference: "There is a concealed act at the heart of the Marvel Universe that once revealed will change everything.”

It's been said for a while that in the MU the first Human Torch killed Hitler, but recently BuckyCap claimed to have done it as well. Maybe they each killed a clone...

The first Hate-Monger was revealed to be a clone of Hitler...

The Big Bad in Fear Itself is reportedly a God of Fear...

Chaos War has seen many gods in the MU being taken out...

As the Jedi have taught us, fear leads to anger, and anger leads to hate...

Ergo, Adolf Hitler is the new God of Fear in the Marvel Universe.

You heard it hear first folks.

------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

60 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Whoa that would be pretty crazy...I like it!

View user profile

61 Re: Fear Itself on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator
Watch out, Moon Knight!

------------------------------------
View user profile

62 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:47 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:Well, I'll be passing on this one as I am NOT a fan of Fraction's writing at all.

That's where I'm at right now. I'm not a fan of Fraction, but on the other hand this'll affect a lot of books that I buy now.

View user profile

63 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:04 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I seriously considered skipping this. I really am not a fan of Fraction at all, and from what we know of the story, it sounds kinda lame. However, I LOVE Immonen's art so much that I simply cannot not get this.

View user profile

64 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:01 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Fraction's Iron Man and Thor books are excellent! So his Uncanny is subpar, but who else has written a good Uncanny in the past twenty years? No one! devil

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

65 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:59 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Hey you've really liked his Invincible Iron Man run (till recently) right Aussie? Maybe its worth a shot. Wink
Also, have you tried his new Thor run? I think it's a great fresh take on the mythos.
Yeah, I bet I crack and check it out anyway. I'm so damn weak willed!!!! Mad

Batman25JM wrote:I seriously considered skipping this. I really am not a fan of Fraction at all, and from what we know of the story, it sounds kinda lame. However, I LOVE Immonen's art so much that I simply cannot not get this.

Heh! I knew this would be your response.

View user profile

66 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 am

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:I'll say what I said on twitter. I think Daredevil's going to return in the last issue to defeat the God of Fear.

"What do you fear?" "Nothing." Daredevil punches him in the face. The event ends.

Laughing

View user profile

67 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FEAR ITSELF: PROLOGUE
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils by SCOT EATON
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by Joe Quesada
All the Red Skull's terrible secrets and plans are in the hands of his evil daughter, Sin, who's intent on outdoing her father... Now find out about the Skull's most-dangerous World War II mission, that he risked everything for...and how it's going to tear the Marvel Universe apart today. FEAR ITSELF starts here...in the darkest secrets of the past!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

View user profile

68 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:29 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ one thing I do have to give Marvel credit for, they make pretty covers

View user profile

69 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:^ one thing I do have to give Marvel credit for, they make pretty covers

Yeah, particularly Marko Djurdevic. He's probably the best cover artist in the biz right now or at least top 2 or 3. Think you'll give the prologue a shot, D? It ain't Bendis for once. Wink

View user profile

70 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I seriously considered skipping this. I really am not a fan of Fraction at all, and from what we know of the story, it sounds kinda lame. However, I LOVE Immonen's art so much that I simply cannot not get this.

Have I become that predictable? Laughing

View user profile

71 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

We probably just all know eachother's tastes by now. Laughing

View user profile

72 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:^ one thing I do have to give Marvel credit for, they make pretty covers

Yeah, particularly Marko Djurdevic. He's probably the best cover artist in the biz right now or at least top 2 or 3. Think you'll give the prologue a shot, D? It ain't Bendis for once. Wink

I so agree. Djurdevic's art is phenomenal.

View user profile

73 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

We probably just all know eachother's tastes by now. Laughing

Yeah. Smile

View user profile

74 Re: Fear Itself on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:20 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote: Think you'll give the prologue a shot, D? It ain't Bendis for once. Wink

Ha! I don't really have a strong feeling either way. The problem with committing to the series is that I no longer have any connection to the characters. That makes it hard to care what's happening in the story. If this does prove interesting enough, getting the Trade is always an option.

View user profile

75 Re: Fear Itself on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:02 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Regardless of whether I check out the main book I will be buying the prologue because it sounds pretty damn awesome and Brubaker's writing it.

Speaking of Brubaker, why hasn't he written any of the event books?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum