The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travis's Random Observation

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 am

Ska

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Xman00aoa wrote:A christmas present for everyone
check out the song Bulletproof by Kerli

I may be in love with this girl

I've been a Kerli fan since her first cd came out. The whole album is great, and she's really pretty.

------------------------------------

Read my blog!!!! Check out my cosplay page!!!!
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

27 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 am

Captain Painway

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ska wrote:

I've been a Kerli fan since her first cd came out. The whole album is great, and she's really pretty.
Yep. One of her songs was a free iTunes download a year or two ago, and I downloaded the whole album. Pretty good for a beautiful weirdo from Estonia.

View user profile http://likeitderby.com

28 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 am

Xman00aoa

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Captain Painway wrote:
Ska wrote:

Yep. One of her songs was a free iTunes download a year or two ago, and I downloaded the whole album. Pretty good for a beautiful weirdo from Estonia.

Yeah it was a nice surprise, I wonder if she is a nerd girl

Superfly Manservant, GL Corp member, Ninja

Twitter:Xman00Aoa

View user profile

29 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Ska

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Xman00aoa wrote:

Yeah it was a nice surprise, I wonder if she is a nerd girl

We can't all be perfect. Laughing

30 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Dude. Lay off heavy cosplayers. They've got as much a right to as anyone else. Just let 'em have their fun.

I couldn't disagree with this sentiment less. Fat slave Leias are every bit as wrong as blonde slave Leias.

I wear glasses and have a chinstrap. I don't cosplay because of this, because I know of no characters who wear glasses and have a chin strap. I'm overweight enough that I'm not going to play anyone with a six pack who wears a skintight costume, either. Not because I'm self conscious - I don't care what people at a comic convention think of my body - but because it wouldn't be properly representative of whatever character I'd be dressed as.

If I was going to cosplay as Blob, or Jabba the Hutt, or Dan Connor, I'd look stupid wearing just the appropriate costume, because a key element of those characters aesthetics is that they're all FAT. A skinny Hurley wouldn't be Hurley, it'd be a guy with curly Jesus hair and some surprisingly not-dirty clothes.

Simply put, I don't care how overweight or out of shape the girl in the above bikini is. I don't have a problem with her body. Until she wears something that looks that ridiculous on her, and tries to pass herself off as a character she now looks nothing like.

View user profile

31 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 am

Heytherejeffro

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Dude. Lay off heavy cosplayers. They've got as much a right to as anyone else. Just let 'em have their fun.

I couldn't disagree with this sentiment less. Fat slave Leias are every bit as wrong as blonde slave Leias.

I wear glasses and have a chinstrap. I don't cosplay because of this, because I know of no characters who wear glasses and have a chin strap. I'm overweight enough that I'm not going to play anyone with a six pack who wears a skintight costume, either. Not because I'm self conscious - I don't care what people at a comic convention think of my body - but because it wouldn't be properly representative of whatever character I'd be dressed as.

If I was going to cosplay as Blob, or Jabba the Hutt, or Dan Connor, I'd look stupid wearing just the appropriate costume, because a key element of those characters aesthetics is that they're all FAT. A skinny Hurley wouldn't be Hurley, it'd be a guy with curly Jesus hair and some surprisingly not-dirty clothes.

Simply put, I don't care how overweight or out of shape the girl in the above bikini is. I don't have a problem with her body. Until she wears something that looks that ridiculous on her, and tries to pass herself off as a character she now looks nothing like.
And what's the deal with waiting in lines at the airport?!?!?

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

32 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am

WonderWoman2.0

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:

Laughing Says the dude who sends pictures of himself in his girlfriend's underwear to...well, anyone. It's not about looks, it's about appreciating your fandom. If you don't like it, who cares? You don't like anything, anyway. Sleep

ANYWAY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR A RANDOM OBSERVATION...

Heytherejeffro wrote:what's the deal with waiting in lines at the airport?!?!?

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

33 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 am

WhiteBlackDynamite

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:ANYWAY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR A RANDOM OBSERVATION...
There's a cat scaling my closet. The noises scared me.

Twilight Tony, Heavyweight Champion, Doctor Lawyer Boss DDS, Chief Super-Fly Czar

[quote="dmahoney"] Editing: it can make even Tony sound competent.[/quote]

[quote="Silent K"] Tony talking about computer problems gives me cold sweats.[/quote]

View user profile http://www.superflycomics.com

34 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Xman00aoa

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Ok heres one for now
Before I created the mytho that is Gavin, George Clooney was the handyman on the Facts of Life, I think he dated Jo. I was going to tell the story about me having a fight with an actual celebritiy, but dude has a show again now and I dont want another restraining order out on me...

View user profile

35 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Speaking of George Clooney, he was on a sit com about a hospital emergency room called ER and ended up many years later on a drama that took place in a hospital emergency room called.....wait for it.....wait for it....wait for it....ER!

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

36 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Goof

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Popcorn and chicken, only the genius of Colonel Sanders could combine the two!

View user profile

37 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Ska

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
Laughing Says the dude who sends pictures of himself in his girlfriend's underwear to...well, anyone. It's not about looks, it's about appreciating your fandom. If you don't like it, who cares? You don't like anything, anyway. Sleep

True story. XD

38 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Xman00aoa

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Ska wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

True story. XD

I think whats scarier than what I posted earlier. I think I will go punch another celebrity...at this point anything to gbet out of work

View user profile

39 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Xman00aoa

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Random Observation: I like the New My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park albums. Go ahead Hate Me!

View user profile

40 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I really like the new My Chemical Romance album too. The Linkin Park one, not so much.

View user profile

41 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm

UltimateUltimacy

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I like Jeffros observations.And fat people shouldn't cosplay.

Big Gavin Cool - Security, Insecurity, Snacks, NO MA'AM
The Nerd Tupac
http://twitter.com/AlphaNaught
http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2

Silent K wrote:I think if you got fucked by Gavin, you might get the power of Odin flowing through your veins
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

42 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm

WonderWoman2.0

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I actually have the first two My Chemical Romance CDs and a t-shirt of theirs somewhere. Ohhh, high school. I don't miss you at all.

View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

43 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

Ska

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I actually have the first two My Chemical Romance CDs and a t-shirt of theirs somewhere. Ohhh, high school. I don't miss you at all.

I got to meet them when they were in Chicago years ago. My first official super freak out moment. XD

44 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

1) I sent it to close friends. The fact that one of them posted it on the Internet is not directly my fault, nor was it ever my intention.

2) I wouldn't wear anything like that out. Again.

3) Lee hates Van Halen, and somehow I'M the guy who doesn't like anything? I don't get it.

View user profile

45 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am

Van Halen is horrible.

View user profile

46 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 am

Demonweasel

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This will only end in tears.

Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

47 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Xman00aoa

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors

View user profile

48 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Joshua

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:
3) Lee hates Van Halen, and somehow I'M the guy who doesn't like anything? I don't get it.
Lee hates one thing. You hate everything. Ergo, you're the guy that doesn't like anything.

Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors
Fantastically underrated movie.

As for fat chicks in costumes, sure, they CAN wear revealing outfits, but that doesn't mean they don't look ridiculous. A general rule of thumb of fashion is to wear clothing that complements your body style. I don't see why costuming should be exempt from this rule. If you're 5'4" and weigh 300 lbs., perhaps Emma Frost or Slave Leia aren't the best ways to showcase your body. If dressing up is fun for you, even if it means drawing unflattering attention to yourself, fine, go nuts, but don't be surprised when people look at you like a bulldog in a tutu.

View user profile

49 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Ska

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Xman00aoa wrote:Shockingly I liked Speed Racer the Movie, pretty colors

Joshua wrote:
Fantastically underrated movie.

Thank you, somebody that gets it. I loved the Speed Racer movie, it was an awesome movie that was amazing on the big screen. I loved the colors and how over the top everything was.

50 Re: Travis's Random Observation on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Joshua

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm not really sure how anyone other than Kerouac could watch Speed Racer and not have a good time. Easily one of the best movies of 2008.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum