Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman

+20
jaydee74
Ska
Juggalojohn
Topcat
krpykrwly
Spazzy
Big Poppa Nick
Heytherejeffro
MikeSabian
LordD3r3k
Combo Mo
Silent K
Mnemosis
Spaced4SimonPegg
Captain Painway
Denim
comicgeekelly
Joshua
jfx316
Guzman 2011
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

152 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Guzman 2011

Guzman 2011

52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman 52pickup2011banner

What's up PoP!ulation, this is Jose Guzman, and for the 2011 year I will be picking up where Jason Kerouac left off, but Im taking my 52 Pick-Up to the movie scene. Check out my weekly review and then come back to the forums and leave some movie suggestions to help me fill out my weekly movie spot.

Week 1: Hot Fuzz

252 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:29 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

Sweet deal, man. Can't wait to check it out. I'm sure that Cool as Ice will be in the mix at some point, right?

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

352 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you're taking suggestions...

In Bruges
In Bruges
In Bruges

452 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:52 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hot Fuzz is a movie that I need to see all the way through. I've only seen chunks of it on TV. I'm liking the idea of this 52 pick up for movies.

Some suggestions
Up in the Air (2009, one of my favorite movies from last year)
Angel of Death (2009, written by comic writer Ed Brubaker)
Exiled (2006, this is a Chinese film with some pretty fantastic action scenes)
Michael Clayton (2007, kind of a slow burn, but a very good modern noir)

If I think of any more I'll add them to my list.

552 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:45 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My first suggestion, which is kind of hard because I don't know what you have seen and what you have not seen. Make a list! (kidding!)

Josie and the Pussycats!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

652 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:30 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ He'll have to deal with me being a total girl during the whole movie, or watch it when I'm not around, because I LOVE me some Josie and the Pussycats.

Too bad I don't have it on DVD, though. dry

http://likeitderby.com

752 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Hot Fuzz is a movie that I need to see all the way through. I've only seen chunks of it on TV. I'm liking the idea of this 52 pick up for movies.

DON'T watch it on tv...trust me...rent it!!

Great article and even left a comment. Wink

Some movie suggestions:
Frailty - it is a horror movie that was written and directed by Bill Pullman. Don't let the fact that Matthew McConaghy is in it scare you away.

852 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:^ He'll have to deal with me being a total girl during the whole movie, or watch it when I'm not around, because I LOVE me some Josie and the Pussycats.

Too bad I don't have it on DVD, though. dry

hunt down the dvd, just be careful. There are two versions of thje movie out there on dvd, one of them will say "family version" on it. You don't want that one, they took out the sexual innuendoes.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

952 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Guzman 2011

Guzman 2011

jfx316 wrote:Sweet deal, man. Can't wait to check it out. I'm sure that Cool as Ice will be in the mix at some point, right?

That sounds so ridiculous it just might work.

Joshua wrote:If you're taking suggestions...

In Bruges
In Bruges
In Bruges

That is actually one of the movies on my list so far.

comicgeekelly wrote:Hot Fuzz is a movie that I need to see all the way through. I've only seen chunks of it on TV. I'm liking the idea of this 52 pick up for movies.

Some suggestions
Up in the Air (2009, one of my favorite movies from last year)
Angel of Death (2009, written by comic writer Ed Brubaker)
Exiled (2006, this is a Chinese film with some pretty fantastic action scenes)
Michael Clayton (2007, kind of a slow burn, but a very good modern noir)

If I think of any more I'll add them to my list.

I haven't seen any of those but by titles alone I am digging Angel of Death and Exiled but George Clooney does have dreamy eyes. I will do some research and let you know which one I pick.

Denim wrote:My first suggestion, which is kind of hard because I don't know what you have seen and what you have not seen. Make a list! (kidding!)

Josie and the Pussycats!

YES!

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

DON'T watch it on tv...trust me...rent it!!

Great article and even left a comment. Wink

Some movie suggestions:
Frailty - it is a horror movie that was written and directed by Bill Pullman. Don't let the fact that Matthew McConaghy is in it scare you away.

I have seen Frailty and loved it. Bill Paxtons greatest work since Twister!

1052 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'm just going to list some of my favorite movies, and assume you've seen most if not all of them, but still:

Iron Giant
Blues Brothers
Transformers (animated)
Enchanted
The Departed
The Town
The Frighteners
Lucky Number Slevin
Smoking Aces
One Hour Photo
Pleasantville
Stranger than Fiction
What Dreams May Come
Catch Me if You Can

1152 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Some movie suggestions:
I loved Bill Pullman in Aliens.

On an unrelated note, Bill Paxton kicked ass in Independence Day.

tongue

1252 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Kerouac likes Blues Brothers? My world is shattered.

Me and you, we're gonna be the shittiest Jake and Elwood ever.

1352 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I maintain that you and I could actually do a pretty bang-up Jake and Elwood cosplay.

1452 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Alas, I'm too fat for Jake.

1552 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'd also like to add:

Closer
Black Swan
Identity
The Prestige
Memento
Go

1652 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

And Speed Racer

1752 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My Name is Khan
Restrepo
Micmacs
Judgment at Nuremberg
Tell No One
Ip Man
Amelie
Palindromes
Frozen River
Dear Zachary
Man on Wire
Following
Brick

1852 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Galaxy Quest
While this movie is an obvious spoof of Star Trek, there's no shortage of laughs. Tim Allen leads an all-star cast as struggling actors who still do convention appearances for a TV show canceled 20 years ago but still has the adoring fanbase. But when the old TV transmissions are intercepted by aliens and interpreted as 'historical documents', the cast are unknowingly recruited to free the aliens from an interstellar dictator. Hilarity ensues.

Mr. Brooks
A murder thriller starring Kevin Costner and William Hurt. Costner battles against his tendencies towards violence while Hurt acts as the devil on his shoulder constantly egging him on. Can Costner give in to his passion while maintaining his family man image? All this with a nice twist ending.

Big Fish
An estranged son visits his 'larger-than-life' father on his deathbed. For years the son has harbored resentment towards his father for his long absences and crazy stories which he presumed hid the truths of his fathers adventures. It's a truly touching story of a son getting to know his father with some fantastic imagery. It's one of the few movies that have made me tear up at the end. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I-Spy
Remember when Eddie Murphy was funny? This might have been the last time. Owen Wilson is an aspiring secret agent who is saddled with celebrity Eddie Murphy whose fame is used to gain access to some top government officials. Zany adventures teach Murphy about friendship and Wilson about self-confidence.

The Green Mile
Set in 1935, Tom Hanks is the chief officer of a penitentiary housing some of Louisiana's worst criminals. Inmates come here for one reason.. to walk 'the Green Mile' (i.e. Death Row). Its recent inmate, John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan) convicted of killing and raping two little girls brings on multiple occurrences of strange and unexplainable incidents. The guards come to realize there's something special about John, and when the time comes for John to walk the Green Mile, the guards face a tough decision when new evidence may prove his innocence.

Falling Down
Michael Douglas is your typical American with a 9 to 5 job and a failed marriage. When Douglas has finally had enough of his crappy circumstances, he takes matters into his own hands which leads to a day long stroll through Los Angeles 'reinventing himself'.. and wreaking havoc across the city.

Grosse Point Blank
John Cusak is a disenfranchised hitman who wants to attend his High School reunion to get back in touch with lost friends and lost loves. But when his work follows him back to his small town home, will he ever be able to get free of bloodshed? If you're a fan of Cusak, this is definitely a must see.

1952 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

You should definately check out The Baader Meinhof Complex - one of the overlooked gems from 2010

2052 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
That came out in 2008.

2152 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:14 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Ah, sorry... wasn't distributed in Britain til early in the summer. Still, recommended.

2252 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:35 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Edit: Nevermind, I'm illiterate.

2352 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

White Chicks

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

2452 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:White Chicks
Why do you test my love?

2552 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Empty Re: 52 Pick-Up 2011, by Jose Guzman Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saving Silverman (R-Rated version, White DVD Cover)
Play it to the Bone
Crazy Heart

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum