Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

House of Mystery

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1House of Mystery Empty House of Mystery Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Are there any fellow PoPulation peeps that read this? I feel like I am alone in the awesome..

or am I blonde and missed someone else talking about it?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

2House of Mystery Empty Re: House of Mystery Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:Are there any fellow PoPulation peeps that read this? I feel like I am alone in the awesome..

or am I blonde and missed someone else talking about it?

I think you're the first person I've seen here talking about it.

I've read it the whole way through up to the last issue but have now given up. I stopped being interested in what happened to the characters and I think that's partly to do with feeling like things are just dragging on and on and going nowhere.

I don't know - I really enjoyed it for a long time but have just lost interest.

3House of Mystery Empty Re: House of Mystery Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm behind on it. Like a story-arc or two. Kind of reading it at leisure when most other books are out of the way.

Thought maybe I had created a thread about it. Guess not. I remember Aussie and I chatting about it now, but that's about it. Figured no one would want to talk about it, being that no one made a thread, so I didn't make one.

It's good. I've stuck with it through its ups and downs. Enjoy all the random stories within the main story. Which I will say that it needs more of that. Hopefully it'll bounce back into becoming this nexus of stories and will realize the DCU, other Vertigo titles and such. That could really help it's meta themes attach itself to readers. Short Fables story, Hawkworld, Kamandi--so many things it can tap into with just storytelling of characters from these worlds. I mean, it's already shown that it is the same house from DC fame, with Cain and Abel, amongst others, showing up. It still needs to add to it's own story. Really dragging out the main plot through story-arcs. BUT, is still a quality read, and still different from anything that I'm reading right now. Refreshing.

4House of Mystery Empty Re: House of Mystery Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Thought maybe I had created a thread about it. Guess not. I remember Aussie and I chatting about it now, but that's about it. Figured no one would want to talk about it, being that no one made a thread, so I didn't make one.
That's right - so we had. Damn short term memory loss!

I might still follow it in trades. I have a feeling it will read better that way.

5House of Mystery Empty Re: House of Mystery Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ahh I see. I still enjoy it. I mean most comics lag a little, but I havent felt that.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum