The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wizard R.I.P

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

2 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well when you stop reporting on comics, what did they expect?

Still kinda sad though, Wizard played a big part of my comic collecting in the 90's. They were great back in the day

View user profile

3 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

4 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Wow. Just......wow!

View user profile

5 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Silent K

Administrator
Administrator

------------------------------------
View user profile

6 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I feel bad for those that have lost their jobs. I hope that they will be able to bounce back sooner rather than later.

View user profile

7 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Matt

Pirate
Pirate
Did anyone not see this coming? I was told this was happening a year and a half ago

View user profile

8 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Not unexpected but still a sad day. When I think of Wizard I always remember when I was a kid and would be excited to read it every month. It's lost its impact these days but it used to be THE most important news source for the comics industry.

But like most print magazines these days they were forced to evolve, which isn't really a bad thing. I'm interested in what this digital magazine will be like.

View user profile

9 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Wizard Magazine Shuts Down, Company Goes Public
UPDATED: The future of Wizard revealed!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/114/1145644p1.html

View user profile

10 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:01 pm

I remember one year I received a subscription to Wizard for X'mas as well as that month's issue. I read that thing forward and back that morning. Old Wizard I miss you, new Wizard don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

View user profile

11 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:11 pm

It was a long painful slow death.

View user profile

12 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 pm

shiky800

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I am more upset about toyfare ending than wizard

View user profile

13 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Janson

Zombie
Zombie
shiky800 wrote:I am more upset about toyfare ending than wizard

QFT

View user profile

14 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

15 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote: I'm interested in what this digital magazine will be like.

Who is going to write for it??? Who in the industry would even chance it now? They don't even cover their own events. While the PoP! is a new home away from home, places like ComicVine will ensure wizard will never succeed on the web. They will have cons....and pretty much that is all. They probably kept the 1 person who ran the wizard store because they became an expert at ignoring calls and stealing people's money.

Pedrocas wrote:It was a long painful slow death.

Man...you don't even know. I'm going to have to talk with Thorin about this later. off to class now.

View user profile

16 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Not surprising at all, it use to be good when I read it in the 90's, I remember one of my first issues in 1996 with FF Reborn on the cover.

View user profile

17 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I think Wizard forgot how to be journalists. They turned into a recap mag instead of trying to provide foresight into stories or worthwhile contributions from creators.

View user profile

18 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I never really read Wizard in it's heyday. I wasn't big into comics back then. I started reading it just before it started to really go down hill, and I continued reading it for a while once it did. It sucks because I know what it once was, but since I wasn't a reader then I'm pretty indifferent to this news.

View user profile

19 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Batman25JM wrote:I never really read Wizard in it's heyday. I wasn't big into comics back then. I started reading it just before it started to really go down hill, and I continued reading it for a while once it did. It sucks because I know what it once was, but since I wasn't a reader then I'm pretty indifferent to this news.

That's pretty much how I feel and when it comes to digital, they are going to fail. Their geek chic emailed newsletter was supposed to be a precursor to the digital format and it sucks, badly, they send me emails so randomly and none of the stories are worthwhile.

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

20 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:24 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I would be curious to see what the first digital issue of this new "Wizard World" will look like but that's about it.

View user profile

21 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I loved Wizard when I was a kid. Its not just Wizard that is knocked for going downhill though. The net has screwed most hobby magazines by reporting any news instantly and for free. And a price guide magazine it totally useless when Ebay tells u what an item is REALLY worth or what u could expect to get for it if sold.

View user profile

22 Re: Wizard R.I.P on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Spazzy

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
true

View user profile http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum