Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

SDCC Exclusive Cobra Commander and Starscream

+3
Big Poppa Nick
potatojoe
elijahdprophet
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

SDCC Exclusive Cobra Commander and Starscream 6gijoe-toyfair-2011_1297565805_1297567232

Source http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-exclusive-gi-joe-skystriker-starscream-deco-with-cobra-commander--gun-megatron-171480/

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WANT

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I just don't like that Starscream doesn't transform.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

This is garbage, plain and simple. Starscream was an F-15. "Devolving" him into an F-14 is weak, particularly when Hasbro has molds for both an F-22 Raptor (Thunderwing Jet) and Night Raven (both classic and modern movie), both of which Starscream has transformed into (F-22 is modern IDW; classic Night Raven was in the Dreamwave/Devil's Due crossover). Furthermore, the Thunderwing and modern Night Raven BOTH have sound chips, meaning we could have had a Starscream quote, a Cobra Commander quote, and a Megatron quote. Instead we have something that never happened, that looks kind of awful, and that does NOTHING.

I do want that tiny Megatron, though, but I'll try to get that on e-bay after the fact.

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Mnemosis wrote:

I do want that tiny Megatron, though, but I'll try to get that on e-bay after the fact.

Good lick with that, I don't foresee anyone parting out this set after shelling out big bucks at the show or stupid big bucks on the secondary market. I'm kind of shocked nobody has done a run of custom Megatron pistols in Joe size.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hmmm... at the very least, maybe someone will cut a mold from this one

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Hmmm... at the very least, maybe someone will cut a mold from this one
Maybe. Wink
Im thinking about getting this.
I like it.
Wonder what it will cost.

Last edited by Astro13Zombie on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

=D

It's life imitating art! (Anyone currently reading IDW's Transformers Ongoing should get what I'm talking about)

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

scratch

superhyperhpp

superhyperhpp
Cadet
Cadet

This is maybe 2 years to late for me. Would love a Sky Striker but just cannot justify spending money on it now. Would have no space for it either. A pity

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Its kind of cool. But I think it would be awesome if StarScream actually transformed. I am surrpised Hasbro hasn't made GI Joe/Transformers crossover toyline yet where they can let you put Joes inside the Transformers

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I don't understand that, either. Hasbro owns both properties. Their shows are on the HUB, their comics are done by IDW. I don't see any conflicts in licensing to stop them. So what gives?

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Yup. They would probably make a ton on it too from both the kids and the collectors

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I think the reason is one of scale. If they made them the size of GI Joe vehicles some of them would be fucking massive. I remember the full sized Voltron toy designed to fit the 3" figures was god damned massive.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I have to believe that the people working at Hasbro could start with a vehicle like the Sky Striker and reverse engineer an actual Transformation. It might not look exactly like G1, but it doesn't have to. Have Hasbro work up functional transformations, then hand the designs over to IDW and have them create a new crossover based on those designs.

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I would kill for an Optimus Prime HISS, like the one from the DDP omnibus we reviewed.
SDCC Exclusive Cobra Commander and Starscream Duke_optimus_prime

I know there have been some customs of this, but one from Hasbro would be amazing.

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

elijahdprophet wrote:I think the reason is one of scale. If they made them the size of GI Joe vehicles some of them would be fucking massive. I remember the full sized Voltron toy designed to fit the 3" figures was god damned massive.

Maybe so. But it would still most likely be a big seller. Plus they could do it where each one is like a set. Like each Transformer will have a G.I. Joe or Cobra with them and then they could sell single Joe's and Cobra's and the Smaller Transformers as singles

superhyperhpp

superhyperhpp
Cadet
Cadet

They cancelled Human Alliance Ironhide (you Bastards >( ) and look how much the regular HA vehicles are. A transforming Starscream would probably cost like a bazillion euro. I would still sell my liver or kidney for one of course, whichever one I only need one of.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum