The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

XBOX Live?? I just got my running.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:26 am

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm darktomato

View user profile

27 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:54 am

Heytherejeffro

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Name: BrokeTeacher

Left4Dead
Halo3
Battlefield 1943
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Catan

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

28 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Esbat

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just heard they're going to Pricehike Xbox Live.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

29 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Add me!!!

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

30 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:22 am

jester

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Woot my system is process of repair. Smile

*sits on the porch waiting for his system to come home* Why don't we have teleport tech yet? Sad

View user profile

31 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Esbat wrote:I just heard they're going to Pricehike Xbox Live.

Really??? I have until April till my subscription expires. I should buy a card now at the current price before they do jack up the price.

GT:hannibal641

L4D mainly
Gears of War 2
COD Modern Warfare
L4D2 when that arrives

Funny story. I was playing L4D the other night online and this one player would "accidentally" shoot me in a crowd of zombies. Then right before the safe room when we killed the horde he starts shooting at me. So I get in the saferoom everybody's in and the game loads to the next level. The second the game loads I start using the assault rifle on him and he returns fire. This guy must have been accidentally" shooting the other folks, because they start shooting the douchebag too. So the d-bag finally gets incapacitated and then we throw a molotov on him and close the safehouse door. So he respawns in other room but we never open the doors and finish the game.

View user profile

32 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Kearstin wrote:All I play on XBOX is Left 4 Dead. I just renewed my shit. You guys should play with me! 'ikearstin'

Where were you the other night? Hannibal and I were pwning on some infected. We could have used another person.

View user profile

33 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I feel kind of left out since I hate L4D so much. Granted, I only played single player, but I just kind of hated the psychotic random format, total lack of story and weird superpower zombies that you were only able to intuit what they did and how to kill them after getting your ass handed to you a couple of times.

Than again I am picky about my zombie games. I didn't even care for Dead Rising, even though I played it a lot (although it was mainly to prove to friends and coworkers that it wasn't a good game. It'd drive me nuts when they'd said "well, you should play through the 72 hours two or three times and then maybe you can beat it." What a repetitive waste).


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

34 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:06 am

I added you Kearstin a while ago lol

View user profile

35 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:16 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Ric Magnum wrote:
Where were you the other night? Hannibal and I were pwning on some infected. We could have used another person.
I was totally on! But then I cheated on L4D with COD4. Sorry boys! I'll be on tomorrow night.

Demonweasel wrote:I feel kind of left out since I hate L4D so much. Granted, I only played single player, but I just kind of hated the psychotic random format, total lack of story and weird superpower zombies that you were only able to intuit what they did and how to kill them after getting your ass handed to you a couple of times.
Than again I am picky about my zombie games. I didn't even care for Dead Rising, even though I played it a lot (although it was mainly to prove to friends and coworkers that it wasn't a good game. It'd drive me nuts when they'd said "well, you should play through the 72 hours two or three times and then maybe you can beat it." What a repetitive waste).
Oh that's your issue right there, tiger. You should play live. Granted there's always the toss up of playing with assholes, but the game is actually very awesome when you play with people who actually want to play as a team. And, playing on Expert? Blows my mind haha. Have you tried playing Survival? Or Versus? Shit doesn't need a real story. It's like porn. You just love it.

Dr. Jonathan Crane wrote:I added you Kearstin a while ago lol
I forget what your XBL is!

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

36 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:19 am

Demonweasel

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Kearstin wrote:
Oh that's your issue right there, tiger. You should play live. Granted there's always the toss up of playing with assholes, but the game is actually very awesome when you play with people who actually want to play as a team. And, playing on Expert? Blows my mind haha. Have you tried playing Survival? Or Versus? Shit doesn't need a real story. It's like porn. You just love it.

Goddammit, who told? But seriously, I've heard that a lot, and I may steal a copy for multiplayer from a friend of mine. Lord knows I've played enough GTA4 (where truly, the dregs of humanity assemble) and COD4 online to be know that really changes gameplay a lot.


------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

37 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:20 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Demonweasel wrote:Goddammit, who told? But seriously, I've heard that a lot, and I may steal a copy for multiplayer from a friend of mine. Lord knows I've played enough GTA4 (where truly, the dregs of humanity assemble) and COD4 online to be know that really changes gameplay a lot.
Well let me know if you end up coming to the dark side. I'll play a round or two with you, sport!

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

38 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:19 pm

jawn

avatar
Cadet
Cadet
GT: jawnerican

play alot of:
COD4 (not a fan of 5)
MUA2
L4D (but i traded it in to get borderlands)
Borderlands

I only have one person i play online with so you guys (and gals) hit me up for a game, i play alot of COD4 but when Warfare2 comes out, its on......hooked on borderlands right now too, its soo damn fun

View user profile

39 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm

mordimius is my live name

View user profile

40 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Cliff

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Finally renewed my XBL subscription (fuckin' money issues).

Handle:
Roswellianism

Games:
The Orange Box (which is pretty much Team Fortress 2 for multiplayer)
Ghostbusters (c'mon... if you know me from the old WUMB, you'd know this is a given)

That's pretty much all I have for online play. I used to have GTAIV and Saint's Row, but both those games got fucked when the family dog knocked over my Xbox while I was staying over at my girlfriend's place. Both games have a completely perfect circular scratch right in the middle of the disc. My brother felt so horrible, thought it was his fault. Told him it wasn't, but it was the dog's fault.

And I do have Left 4 Dead somewhere. The disc itself just went on walkabout, which makes me pissed. I've torn my room apart to hell and back trying to find that game, cos I'm hankering for some stencher blasting.

But, honestly, I think I might be picking it up come November or December alongside L4D2, which looks and sounds sweet as hell. That, and "Brutal Legend." Originally, wanted to play it because it's from Tim motherfucking Schafer, the mind behind the greatest Lucasarts games ever (fuck all that "Star Wars" shit), then I found out that JB of Tenacious D was playing the main character of Eddie Riggs. THEN, I downloaded and played the demo.

Fucktastical, it looks brilliant to a T. I cannot wait to get my hands on it and play the hell out of it. Just wish I had preordered at Best Buy so I could get the old-school vinyl record album sleeve. That alone would be worth it.

View user profile

41 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 pm

TheUncannyJim

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Dr. Jonathan Crane wrote:Add me if you wish my Live ID is Mordimius

I'm at ElRobertoDeNiro for anyone who is interested. Yes, my name is rad. Yes, I use my XBox mostly for Netflix.

View user profile http://www.enemyofpeanuts.com

42 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Heytherejeffro

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
TheUncannyJim wrote:
Dr. Jonathan Crane wrote:Add me if you wish my Live ID is Mordimius

I'm at ElRobertoDeNiro for anyone who is interested. Yes, my name is rad. Yes, I use my XBox mostly for Netflix.

Yeah my friend request has been pending for you for like, 5 months.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

43 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 pm

TheUncannyJim

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Heytherejeffro wrote:
TheUncannyJim wrote:
Dr. Jonathan Crane wrote:Add me if you wish my Live ID is Mordimius

I'm at ElRobertoDeNiro for anyone who is interested. Yes, my name is rad. Yes, I use my XBox mostly for Netflix.

Yeah my friend request has been pending for you for like, 5 months.

Fer serious?!

View user profile http://www.enemyofpeanuts.com

44 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 pm

TheUncannyJim

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Heytherejeffro wrote:
TheUncannyJim wrote:
Dr. Jonathan Crane wrote:Add me if you wish my Live ID is Mordimius

I'm at ElRobertoDeNiro for anyone who is interested. Yes, my name is rad. Yes, I use my XBox mostly for Netflix.

Yeah my friend request has been pending for you for like, 5 months.

I just tried to add you and XBox informs me that we are already friends, even though you do not appear as one of my buds on the Box....weird.

View user profile http://www.enemyofpeanuts.com

45 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:09 am

Any suggestion would be helpful. I think I'm just going to run a cable from the 360 upstairs to my computer downstairs, but I have a few questions. Is there a particular cable you'd recommend and will this connect to a phone jack outlet? My thought is to put one upstairs/downstairs on the walls, then run another smaller cable to both the computer and 360. I am also considering seeing if Comcast has a router/modem combo or at least another modem that will take 2 ethernet cables. You guys are a bit more experienced with the online situation, so am I overthinking the situation?

View user profile

46 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:23 am

Kearstin

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Oh I'm so excited to go in and add people on XBL

View user profile http://www.1womanshow.com

47 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:28 am

Denim

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The_Donster wrote:Any suggestion would be helpful. I think I'm just going to run a cable from the 360 upstairs to my computer downstairs, but I have a few questions. Is there a particular cable you'd recommend and will this connect to a phone jack outlet? My thought is to put one upstairs/downstairs on the walls, then run another smaller cable to both the computer and 360. I am also considering seeing if Comcast has a router/modem combo or at least another modem that will take 2 ethernet cables. You guys are a bit more experienced with the online situation, so am I overthinking the situation?

You may go wireless. Comcast will be of no use when it comes to doing a router/modem thing with 2 ethernet jacks. Unless something has changed in the last 6 months since I worked for them. When I was there they just recommended going wireless. If you decide to go wireless with them, installtion is around 150.00 bucks, there is a promo they can do for 50% off. Any rep can give that promo, if one of them says they can't, just ask for the help desk or a team lead. If you want to save on that and think you can do it yourself (not really that hard) you can get a router at best buy or target or wal-mart or just about anywhere and set it up, but Comcast wont help you with your own stuff.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

48 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:31 am

Laughing Yeah, I might have to run that one by the mrs. Giving the price, it might be cheaper for me to go on my own. Thanks for the advice Denim, appreciate it. I should just go wireless, so that I can set up both my printer and computer anywhere and leave my modem downstairs on the shelf nook.

View user profile

49 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 am

Denim

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Also most important thing if you use a router and it goes down. This is called Mr. PC and it is extremly helpful. Because most cable companies use a dynamic ip address, sometimes when it changes, the router will not always catch it and you lose connection. Always do this and do it in this order if you lose connection and are using a router:
1. Remove Power Cord from the Modem
2. Remove the Power Cord from the Router
3. Shut your main PC all the way down
Once the PC is completly shut down then do this:
1. Put the Power Cord back into the Modem
2. Put the Power Cord back into the Router
3. Turn on your PC.

Easy way to remember is the name: Modem Router PC, aka MR. PC

That should get you back on track, if it doesn't call the cable company, they will make you do this again, they have to have you do it, if they don't they get a mark against them if the call is being monitored.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

50 Re: XBOX Live?? I just got my running. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:00 am

Is this for the wireless or any set up Denim. Sorry for my naivette yikes

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum