Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magog

+10
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Metal Misfit
Rath99
Esbat
Batman25JM
Joshua
jaydee74
The Ignored One
alucardbarnivous
BlueMaxx
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was gonna write something, but it seems no one else is reading this?

Just got really good. Same with the art.

27Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've checked out this book and I don't find anything special. But good lord there is so much internalizing from Magog in this book. I just don't care enough of this character and to be honest, I like this character as he was before he got turned into Magog. I just thought he was more interesting when the JSA first met this character.

28Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Vice versa for me. Lance Corporal Reed made me roll my eyes. Heh.

29Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dropped it at 3 for the same reason as Aussiemandias

30Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Giffen's overwhelming Magog narrative is annoying the shit out of me and I can't stand it anymore. Mad

I agree, that man has diarrhea of the mouth. But there's something about Magog I find interesting. We all have a hint of what his possible future looks like, so I've been enjoying seeing it develop

31Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Want more. This ish, #6, was a bit slow, due to the fact that most of it was just the Annual from Magog's pov.

32Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:14 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:This ish, #6, was a bit slow, due to the fact that most of it was just the Annual from Magog's pov.

Yeah, I understand the reason for it. Not everyone may buy the annual. But rehashing all that was kind of annoying.

33Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Sat May 08, 2010 4:49 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read 7 and 8. This arc is pretty basic, as far as stopping an invasion--albiet a weird ass invasion. Still fun, though.

34Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Mon May 10, 2010 4:39 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just caught up with this.. and I am not liking it.. at all.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

35Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aw...I kinda like it. The new arc is kinda weak, though.

36Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Giffen is spreading his ideas too thin. First we get a look at his 'real' relatives, then this hostage situation, Axel's little tryst with the army, and now some alien watchtower keeping an eye on earth and it's impending doom.

Mr. Giffen, in a word, WTF?

All he needed to do was expand on the foundation of Magog being a brutal opposite of Superman. And while he definitely brutalized the 'terrorists' in this issue, all these other plot points weigh the book down.

I find myself surprised to say this, but this book might be better served with more 'talking heads'. Watching Magog struggle with his own personal demons and his fallout with his teammates would be far more interesting than beating up random thugs

37Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Tue May 11, 2010 12:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I will totally agree with you on that latter point. More characterization and identity discovering would be the path to take. Why waste time with frivolous comic "jargon" with invasions and such. But, who knows, this could all be inter-connected and coming to a head.

I honestly want/need more on the Celtic myth aspect of Magog. And I think I speak for the audience.

(Anybody think this'll be a--roughly--a year long series? Like 12 or 13 issues before it is cancelled. I feel it.)

38Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe I dont like it bc I just dont like the character.. Laughing

39Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Tue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's fair. He's difficult to be relatable to, personality wise, but I like his conviction. Not that I agree with it, just refreshing to know that not every character is for the good or the bad. Lot of gray in the real world. Course, that's why Secret Six and GCS work so damn well.

40Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know what really irks me and takes me out of the story? Giffen writes Magog like a 50 yr old veteran instead of the 20-something year old marine that's coming to grips with his new powers.

41Magog - Page 2 Empty Re: Magog Fri May 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ exactly!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum