Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now?

+49
Parallax_48
Tomer Soiker
Big Poppa Nick
potatojoe
jestghost
kidspider2099
Spazzy
boberthavok
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
Aussiemandias
Lord PaulVincent
joegavilan
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
LOOSECANNON
Warren_Worthington IV
flux336
comicgeekelly
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
jaydee74
supervenom
THALASTDRAGON
Winter Decay
Matt
pumkinheadfan
Esbat
Ben Akers
melvinlikechris
Thundermatts
Metal Misfit
Spider_Fan14
Sci-Fi
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
gangsternerd
Toothgrinder
The Ignored One
Ric Magnum
blue halo
Denim
NorrinRadd
BlueMaxx
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
53 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

checked out a new shop yesterday and found some stuff i needed as well as picked another book from borders 'walking dead vol. 9'

uncanny x-men 524 finch variant
x-force 26
new mutants 12
black widow 1 70th ann women of marvel variant
annihilation 4
gears of war 2
witchblade 130
image firsts witchblade

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i think we should do somethin bout tha 3 threads that are so similar

what are your recent purchases? what are you reading now?
back issue buys
trades (discuss the trades you've read or bought lately)

maybe just make 2, one for current reading and one for purchases, im not sayin, im just sayin

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read the Oracle miniseries alittle while ago. Pretty dissapointing effort to fit in with Final Crisis and Battle for the Cowl and pretty sloppy resolution to the Wendy in a coma storyline. The last page I really didn't like for the final, like there was too much for just one splash page. It's annoying that no mentioning to what he did to Kid Eternity lately thats on the verge of a very big continuity blunder. The art was good for the first ish but it loses it's steam in the last ish, and the narration was clunky. It was like rotationg to third person to first person haphazardly. And if you have a title; Oracle: The Cure, it's pretty damn misleading if it's not about her getting a cure for her paralization! I'm often not really dissapointed by comics, but this was dissapointing to me imho.

What happened to kid eternity happened after this story was published but yeah this story was not good at all

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mystery in Space (with Captain Comet) #1-8.
Strange Adventures #1-8.

Starlin is the man. Strange Adventures didn't...weaker then his previous stuff but leaves so much open for awesome. And I wasn't bored during it. Comet is one of my favorite DC characters right now.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I read a lot of trades at work. What do I mean exactly? I work for my dad's moving business and we get paid traveling time...we make a lot of stops, most ranging between a half hour to an hour and a half (sometimes a lot more), as well as traffic. And I don't drive the trucks, so I read trades to waste the time away. I own around 425 trades and hardcovers and I've even been re-reading some out of desperation Very Happy So here's an order I made just now at Instocktrades.com...the only trades I haven't read in my collection are oversized omnibus and library-sized books I don't want to ruin at work. That, and sequels to books I need the first volume in. Do any else of you guys have interesting places (such as a moving truck lol) that you read your comics?

-SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING BOOK 1 HC (MR)
1 @ $13.24 (retails out at $24.99, lowest price on the web)

-BATMAN THE CULT TP NEW PTG
1 @ $10.59 (retails out at $19.99, " ")

-BATGIRL YEAR ONE TP
1 @ $12.57 (note: out of print; unavailable at amazon, etc.)

-X-FACTOR VOL 1 LONGEST NIGHT TP
1 @ $9.44 (I own volumes 2 and 3)

-INVINCIBLE HC VOL 05 ULTIMATE COLL (RES) (C: 0-1-2
1 @ $22.04 (lowest price on the web, can't find this at Borders...just read Volume 4)

-SCALPED TP VOL 06 THE GNAWING (MR)
1 @ $9.44 (brand new)

-SANDMAN VOL 8 WORLDS END TP
1 @ $12.57 (read Vol. 1-7, own 9...needed this)

-SPIDER-MAN TP ONE MORE DAY
1 @ $12.59 (recently read JMS' Ult. Coll. Vol. 3, and Back In Black...never read this, believe it or not)

SUB TOTAL: $102.48
TAX: $0.00
SHIPPING: $0.00
GRAND TOTAL: $102.48

this makes up for the horrible comic show that took place 10 minutes from my house...all I bought was Mark Waid's Flash: The Return of Barry Allen trade for $5...can't believe the kid wanted $10 for it...and I almost bought Alan Moore's From Hell, but the kid wouldn't give in at $23 (amazon price, retail $35) when that's all I had left on me; he INSISTED on $25...fine, let it rot on your table all day over $2, moron. I'm sure I'll find it at some Con for $20 in the future.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

just knocked out a few more issues in my 'amazing spider-man omnibus' issues 4-7, fantastic four annual 1, and strange tales annual 2

also read 'walking dead tpb vol. 9'

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I've been making my through some of Eisner nominees that I have not already read.

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, by Naoki Urasawa
Pluto: Urasawa X Tezuka, by Naoki Urasawa and Takashi Nagasaki
Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species: A Graphic Adaptation, adapted by Michael Keller and Nicolle Rager Fuller
A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge, by Josh Neufeld
Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter, adapted by Darwyn Cooke
Footnotes in Gaza, by Joe Sacco

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

started 'amazing spider-man ultimate collection vol. 3' read issues 503-506

and picked up 'death of superman tpb' from borders for free. i already had $5 in borders for may that i actually forgot about and they had another $5 in place of a coupon for tha last few days, and tha book was $9.99, so total price...$0

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

grabbed 'walking dead tpb vol. 10' thanx to another borders rewards discount

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

picked up 'daredevil by frank miller & klaus janson vol. 1'

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

'justice league of america: the tornado's path tpb' thanx to another 40% coupon, that daredevil book i got wit tha same coupon, and they extended it another 2 days for tha holiday weekend

did some readin last nite wit tha following issues:

amazing spider-man 611-614
nova 18-22
green lantern 52 & 53
green lantern corps 46 & 47
blackest night 7 & 8
brightest day 0

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

cancel that justice league book, i opted for tha 'witchblade compendium vol. 1' issues 1-50

also last nite i read:

moon knight saga
black widow 1
spawn 196
witchblade 130(somehow i missed this issue when it first came out) & 135
image firsts: witchblade & chew

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Picked these up today at my LCS:

Kevin Smith's Green Hornet #2 (forgot to reserve it and had to special order it)
Kevin Smith's Green Hornet #4
Wonder Woman #44
Whatever happened to Baron Von Shock?

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

so far today i have read:

amazing spider-man 515-521
daredevil 506

and at this moment i am readin 'death of superman tpb' im 2 issues in so far

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I picked up all three issues of The Guild miniseries. I started watching thw webseries this week and the comic is as good as the show. The art really fit the tone of the story. If you are a fan of The Guild you should check this book out.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just got:
What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 8 Sgtrock
Going to read it this weekend. The interior art is gorgeous.

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On the recommendation of a couple of you guys and with Shadowland coming I picked up Daredevil #501 to #506 which is the Andy Diggle run so far. Just read the first issue at this stage and it seems pretty good.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

^^^its good, i been really diggin it

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:On the recommendation of a couple of you guys and with Shadowland coming I picked up Daredevil #501 to #506 which is the Andy Diggle run so far. Just read the first issue at this stage and it seems pretty good.

Cool! Just a recommendation, you should try to get your hands on the Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil one shot because it's the prelude to Diggle's run.

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 8 300px-Dark_Reign_The_List_-_Daredevil_Vol_1_1

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got Chew vol. 1 and Air vol. 1 for $4.99 each! Very Happy

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 8 19688629_1What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 8 Air-tpb-better-copy

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:On the recommendation of a couple of you guys and with Shadowland coming I picked up Daredevil #501 to #506 which is the Andy Diggle run so far. Just read the first issue at this stage and it seems pretty good.

Cool! Just a recommendation, you should try to get your hands on the Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil one shot because it's the prelude to Diggle's run.

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 8 300px-Dark_Reign_The_List_-_Daredevil_Vol_1_1
Thanks for that - will do. I think it was you and Batman25JM who made the recommendation that led me to pick up these.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yep I remember that. Wink

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, me too. I'm glad you're trying DD out Aussie. It's great stuff, and I have a feeling Shadowland is going to be amazing.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

I know there was a lot of mixed reviews on this, but I happen to be walking past Graham Crackers Comics in Chicago today and decided to stop in and pick up the new Serenity one shot.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

just read 'walking dead tpb vol. 10'

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum