Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

F*** Marvel!

+13
Rath99
Spider_Fan14
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
superdoug
shining knight
supervenom
Lee
shiky800
Joshua
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
BlueMaxx
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:If 50 pointless ancillary Dark Reign titles is your bag, then Marvel is the fucking champion.
They're ancillary, so they're not crucial reading, just optional nuggets of awesome.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

27F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:18 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:
Joshua wrote:If 50 pointless ancillary Dark Reign titles is your bag, then Marvel is the fucking champion.
They're ancillary, so they're not crucial reading, just optional nuggets of awesome.
agreed. it isn't like it is part of an event that you must read. if you want to read them give it a try, a lot of them are great reads

28F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I and most aren't denying that they can be good, but where is the variety if it is all the same subject. I'm sure Blackest Night is boat-loads of fun, but if it was in every title it'd feel like an infection.

Spidey_82 wrote:Took you time to notice. And yes, foul language in posts is allowed, but we still keep headlines somewhat clean.
Ah. Fair enough.

29F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Lee and shiky, you don't know how weird, sad and good it is to look from the side at how you're blind to Marvel's old tired shticks, for the first time since I got over its hypnotic spell. You see, up until that point I got sick of Marvel, I used to look at the whole policy behind event and crossover books as you too. "I know it's too much, but no one really gets hurt." So what if a few low selling books get canceled to clear way for all them cool pointless tie-ins? And although people defend DC on that matter, lets not forget all the Infinite Crisis, Countdown to Nowhere and We Swear It's the Fucking Final Crisis You'll Ever See (In the Next Year) tie-ins flooding the market at the time. Both Marvel and DC are evil and greedy when it comes to events and crossovers, undoubtedly.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

30F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:51 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

agreed

though I do fall for it every fucking time. Which is why I need to start culling comics

31F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

It IS a business, you know? Plus, again, NOT an event. MArvel makes bad comics, yes, but so does everyone. By and large I've never been this excited about comics before.

32F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Lee and shiky, you don't know how weird, sad and good it is to look from the side at how you're blind to Marvel's old tired shticks, for the first time since I got over its hypnotic spell. You see, up until that point I got sick of Marvel, I used to look at the whole policy behind event and crossover books as you too. "I know it's too much, but no one really gets hurt." So what if a few low selling books get canceled to clear way for all them cool pointless tie-ins? And although people defend DC on that matter, lets not forget all the Infinite Crisis, Countdown to Nowhere and We Swear It's the Fucking Final Crisis You'll Ever See (In the Next Year) tie-ins flooding the market at the time. Both Marvel and DC are evil and greedy when it comes to events and crossovers, undoubtedly.
i am far from being blind. yes they are greedy but that doesn't mean they will get all of my money. yes many of my favorite titles are being cancelled like ghost rider but getting pissed won't change it. are there a million dark riegn titles, yes. but these aren't mandatory they are just telling you how the state of marvel is affecting these charecters. if you like that charecter check it out if not pass on it. it is like many of the blackest night mini series. you don't need to read the titans mini series but if you want to know about the many dead titans that might come back you might want to check it out.

33F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Business, sure, but that doesn't mean flooding the market with dozens of event/crossover/theme related one-shots, specials and mini-series. Accepting this just like that is letting the Big Two (and any other publisher that does the same) get away, will only lead us to the same hellhole the industry fell into in the '90s. Dammit, variant covers already been a regular part of the industry in the last couple of years and Marvel is now bringing back holofoil covers. While Joe Quesada succeeded early in his tenure to downsize the amount of X-books and eventually did the same with Spider-Man (kinda), it was a good change. Then the Avengers were revamped to replace the X-Men as the top team, and ended up with five books. The X-books meanwhile returned to the ridiculous amount of books few years ago and every good step Quesada did, was already erased.

Good books or not, there's no justified reason to have more than one or two Avengers books out there but the greed of the publisher. Same goes for any iconic franchise.

34F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Spidey_82 wrote:
Good books or not, there's no justified reason to have more than one or two Avengers books out there but the greed of the publisher. Same goes for any iconic franchise.
The fact that they're good is all the reason I need. You flood the market with shitty books. You permeate awesomeness with good books.

35F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah the x books are starting to revert back to the nineties which I am not convinced is a good idea. Have you ever read not blog x? its like reading a bio of all the shit comics I used to buy

36F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel's been on the fence with me since they fucked Psylocke over in the 90s. (Yes, I said FUCKED HER OVER. There was no need to change her character or her appearance.) They jerked me around again with the Sisterhood arc, when they gave Betsy back her Anglo body, then had an X-Man kill it. FUCKING BOO, LOSERS.

Other strikes against them: Cable & the X-Force debacle, all the damned 'crossover annual events' that they did in the late 80s and early 90s, and have ramped up to 11 in recent years.

But lately, it seems the only Marvel titles I buy are X-Factor, New Mutants, and Uncanny X-Men, and I'm about > < this close to dropping UXM for the first time in twenty years.

Last edited by superdoug on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

37F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Lee wrote:
Spidey_82 wrote:
The fact that they're good is all the reason I need. You flood the market with shitty books. You permeate awesomeness with good books.
That used to be my point of view when it came to Wolverine books: For years I heard and read people complaining about his overexposure, but I remained optimistic, saying that for every 5 shitty Wolverine stories, you could find one great story. Nowadays the situation with Wolverine is worse than ever and Marvel is doing the same thing with other characters (Deadpool being the most recent victim).

Wouldn't it be better if Marvel's editorial focused all their forces on one Wolverine ongoing by Aaron and Garney instead of the crap that is Wolverine: Origins, what Millar has done to Wolverine (I gave all hopes on 'Old Man Logan' and just wait for it to end, while the transition to Dark Wolverine proved pretty good so far) and all the pointless one-shots ans specials? Or just two Avengers books (Dark and New or whatever stands for "good" Avengers) and two main X-books (with one solo in Wolverine, two back-up team books in X-Force and X-Factor)?

38F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Deadpool Gold!
Long as they write him right.Put him in every book,fuck through him in DC(put Deadshot joke here),I will by that shit.

Wolverine is in everything,but sorry kids it working for me.
I love Batman and when he was alive and well,He was every where and I could care less.
They are trying to make money,who cares!
We all have the right to choose to buy a shitty crossover or not.Some I do Some I don't.
If you don't like it,it is simple
Don't buy it.
As a business stand point,it is genius
This is a tool comics have used for decades
Sell Howard the Duck #1 through Spider man on the Cover
Sell Spider man #1 through Fantastic Four in it.
History will always repeat it self
Except I dont think Kids were cryiing "GEE Willickers,I gotta see Spider-mans mug at 7-11 on tv and now a float! Shit enough is enough!
LOL

39F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ah, but it doesn't mean we can't piss and moan. Heh.

40F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:33 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I really want to know what you guys are reading
Marvel is hit and miss
But there is some gold out there
What is good reads,don't give me any artsy shit either
Mainstream

41F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I'm back to not buying comics (i got the for the first time in forver a month or so ago) so take my opinion with a truckload of salt, but Marvel makes some of the worst comics in the history of the medium these days (these days of course being the last five years)

42F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

That is your opinion
I loved the events
House of m
civil war
Secret invasion
IMHO were great stories and devolped many characters and brought back unused characters
Mocking bird
Iron fist
Cage
Hood
Hawkeye
Norman osborn
and so on

43F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gangsternerd wrote:That is your opinion
I loved the events
House of m
civil war
Secret invasion
IMHO were great stories and devolped many characters and brought back unused characters
Mocking bird
Iron fist
Cage
Hood
Hawkeye
Norman osborn
and so on

Lol. Yes. Thank you.

44F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Mockingbird i the only character on that list that was back because of an event.

Hawkeye was dead in the first because of an event (Avengers Assembled) and though participating in HoM, his real comeback was later post Captain America's death and in New Avengers.

Iron Fist was around in the last couple of years due to his beloved solo book and later joining the Avengers.

Luke Cage had a comeback in Daredebil years ago and got a big pushup in New Avengers.

The Hood became a real part of the MU in New Avengers pre-Secret Invasion.

Norman Osborn was back in business for about a decade until he was exposed and prisoned in Marvel Knights Spider-Man. His big return was in Thunderbolts and Secret Invasion/Dark Reign only gave him a bigger push.

45F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:05 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

they were handled differently after certain evens
Come on cage in daredevil
No where compareded to where he is now

46F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Depends on who you ask. I always like Rand and Cage before they became "cool again". House of M was a jumbled mess, it felt. Civil War was bad, but it could've been slightly better, but I never gripe, really, with Civil War. Secret Invasion could've been fleshed out with a Skrull mythos. Maybe an end to an era, but instead it became this promo for the next event. *yawn*

47F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Ya alot of these characters are cool
I loved Power Man and Iron fist
But now they are marketable

48F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel sucks for discontinuing their CD/DVD-ROM collections. I luckily got Amazing Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, but I really wanted Silver Surfer's and Incredible Hulk's. And I also would've loved for them to reach Punisher, Dr. Strange, Namor, and The Defenders.
F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Marvel_Sucks_by_Cartoonray

49F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:58 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

they are whores
but There my kind of whores

50F*** Marvel! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** Marvel! Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all i know is that they're putting out a big event just to set up for the next one, sounds like they're too busy to make a lasting difference in the MU to last even 3 years!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum