The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Arkham

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1 Batman: Arkham on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ok, just played the demo on PC. While the controls were a little funky for me and I need to update my drivers, what I can say is that this game kicks major ass! The cinimatics are amazing. My one complaint is that Batman looks a little to beefed up. Other then that,it feels like a pretty solid game. Word of advice, be stealthy, especially around those with guns. Ow!

Download the demo via Steam if you are like me and down have any consoles, if not then umm..I really don't know how you would download the demo, but, seeing as you own the console I am pretty sure you know how, and now I am rambling, so I will shut up.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

2 Re: Batman: Arkham on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:09 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
This game looks to be amazing. It's almost certainly getting an OtLB from us, because it's beautiful and allows you to BECOME Batman. With Predator vision.

------------------------------------
View user profile

3 Re: Batman: Arkham on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I gave the PS3 version a try and it's absolutely gorgeous. The coolest part is definitely how Rocksteady integrated every aspect of the Batman universe that makes it unique. Oracle is always contacting Batman with new info and the character profiles are awesome to unlock. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are amazing in their redux as Batman and the Joker. Really, the only problem with the game currently is that it's not going to be out for another two weeks!

I am actually concerned about the button-mashing aspect of the game. The demo seemed much easier than it should have been - but maybe that's a good thing. Combat is excellent to watch and it combines some of the best parts of stealth games like Splinter Cell, Thief and Assassin's Creed. The demo just didn't quite scare me as much as the trailers have.

View user profile http://theachatesfactor.wordpress.com/

4 Re: Batman: Arkham on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:52 pm

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
and even longer in the uk

View user profile

5 Re: Batman: Arkham on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

potatojoe

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The demo is amazing. This game can not come out soon enough

View user profile

6 Re: Batman: Arkham on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 am

Anybody else getting the awesome collector's edition? A foot long batarang? Well worth the hundred clams.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

7 Re: Batman: Arkham on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:28 pm

potatojoe

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It's really a foot long? I thought it would have been much smaller. I just might need to get the collector's edition.

View user profile

8 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 am

Arkham Asylum looks FANTASTIC!
What I really like about it is how Harley Quinn looks hotter than ever!
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.

View user profile http://Myspace.com/AngelinaArmani

9 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:10 pm

FroZen

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Angelina Armani wrote:Arkham Asylum looks FANTASTIC!
What I really like about it is how Harley Quinn looks hotter than ever!
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.

wub

View user profile

10 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
I want to put one of Ronnie's rape wigs on this game and make it my bitch. I can't WAIT to get it, and can only hope my PC will hold up. If not, I MAY be splurging on a system, and that isn't something I want to have to do...

View user profile

11 Re: Batman: Arkham on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

jester

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
I liked the demo on the 360. The only problem I hear from reviews is how short it is. I hope that is not the case.

View user profile

12 Re: Batman: Arkham on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm

It's fun as hell so far. Had to stop playing to take care of my sick kid.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

13 Re: Batman: Arkham on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 am

jester

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
My buddy and me played it for a while today. When we stopped it was at 42%. We made it to the sewers after killer croc.

View user profile

14 Re: Batman: Arkham on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Airwolf

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
GOTY! lol or at least the leader on the boards so far

View user profile

15 Re: Batman: Arkham on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Great game, I finished it yesterday. The biggest perceived flaw is that it's too short - but the thing is Paul Dini wrote about enough material for a 2 hour movie...so what you're actually getting is a full length playable movie with some of the slickest Batman gameplay ever. Very good stuff, I can't wait to give it another playthrough.

Also, PS3 owners get to play as The Joker in Challenge Mode. Awesome.

View user profile http://theachatesfactor.wordpress.com/

16 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just played a good portion of the game last night and this game kicks all kinds of butt. I have a question though cause for the life of me, I just can't get it done. The electrical doors. Is there a way to short out the electrical doors to enter them? I just can't seem to do it and I feel there is got to be a way to do it. Thanks.

View user profile

17 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

Airwolf

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I just played a good portion of the game last night and this game kicks all kinds of butt. I have a question though cause for the life of me, I just can't get it done. The electrical doors. Is there a way to short out the electrical doors to enter them? I just can't seem to do it and I feel there is got to be a way to do it. Thanks.

u will see in about 25% in the game Wink

View user profile

18 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am

Lee

Administrator
Administrator
So what's the estimated play time?

Joshua wrote:If Panels On Pages is a clique, they're about as competent at managing a clique as Wizard is a comic book convention.
View user profile http://www.leerodriguez.net

19 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Airwolf

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
yeah i dunno - plus dont forget the side missions

View user profile

20 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Anybody know how long that TRU AA/BM Lego promotion was going for?

View user profile

21 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:46 pm

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
I've got like 7 hours in and am only at like 36% "Completion"

I am a collection whore though, so I have been taking a break from the story every major boss fight to look for hidden items and shit.

My only tip, for people who might not be familiar with the idea of a metroidvania game, is that if you see something that is impossible for you to get to remember where it was. These kind of games (along with some of the more recent Zelda games) are all about upgrading gear and back tracking to get all the hidden items. Love it.

The challenge modes are pretty sweet as well.

View user profile

22 Re: Batman: Arkham on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Airwolf

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
the only thing i was sorta so so about was the grapling hook - to be more like the webshooter - so it can bring batman to wherever it connects to... it wouldve been a lot of fun to be able to grapple onto anything!

yeah this is like up there with gta4 for lenght in gameplay me thinks

View user profile

23 Re: Batman: Arkham on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:09 am

I just ordered this off of TRU.com and got a free copy of Lego Batman. Hopefully the order comes together and not seperately.

View user profile

24 Re: Batman: Arkham on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:21 pm

I totally dig this game! It was a very nice integration of the Batman universe in a video game. A must buy!

View user profile

25 Re: Batman: Arkham on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm not very far in, but I like it so far. I do hate the weird slow motion thing that happens after a combo. It takes me out of the game. I like quick punches.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum