Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books

+2
rwe1138
Lord PaulVincent
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Lord PaulVincent

Lord PaulVincent
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Has anyone read any of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer books? I'm working on a project and know nothing about them and want to get a few words from someone who is familiar with them (and not just a wikipedia page or amazon description).

http://www.therobotspajamas.com

2Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Eh, the handful I've read were okay. Nothing fantastic. The Gatekeeper Trilogy was probably my favorite of the ones I've read.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

3Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:11 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Eh, the handful I've read were okay. Nothing fantastic. The Gatekeeper Trilogy was probably my favorite of the ones I've read.

I haven't found any that I've actively disliked. Like the TV episodes, when they're on, they're really on and when they're off, they can really be stinkers.

That being said, I've enjoyed:

The Gatekeeper Trilogy
The Wicked Willow Chronicles
How I Survived My Summer Vacation
Child of the Hunt
Portal Through Time
Chaos Bleeds
Monster Island
Heat
Queen of the Slayers

4Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Lord PaulVincent

Lord PaulVincent
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Are these books just companion pieces to the series or do they offer extra insight?

http://www.therobotspajamas.com

5Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Pretty much the former. To my knowledge, absolutely nothing introduced in the books was ever used on the show.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

6Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah the nearest an outside source has introduced something to the show was the fray comic book and even then that was written by joss

7Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:Pretty much the former. To my knowledge, absolutely nothing introduced in the books was ever used on the show.
yeah the nearest an outside source has introduced something to the show was the fray comic book and even then that was written by joss

Yeah...the only thing that came from outside the show was the Slayer's Scythe, which came from Fray. Wink

8Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Only book I've read from the Buffy books was this one about her killing a wolf in sheep's clothing and just about causing the Bible ending.

9Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've read a few. There not that bad.

10Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Empty Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Books Sat May 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I read a few and they are typical short novellas that don't really move the character along any. Not bad, mind you. Just not great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum