Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Apple Con

+11
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Tripper McGee
Chi-Town Spidey
Hannibal king
(._Y_.)
Silent K
potatojoe
Joshua
Foxy
Rath99
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
I expect a slumber party in Florida where we sit around in our jammies and you give us the inside dirt while we brush each others' hair.

Oooh! Can I brush your hair? You don't want to brush mine. It falls out. How am I not bald?

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

52Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote:
Oooh! Can I brush your hair?
Absolutely! Getting my head rubbed/brushed is one of my favorite things in this world. One of the best things about going to the salon is getting my hair washed because they really massage it. It's amazing.

Of course, afterwards I have to go chop down a tree, have sex with a virgin, and eat a steak to maintain the natural balance after having been to a salon.

" Should you need further assistance please email us at info@celebrityauthentics.com or call 570-223-8581. "

I really think you guys should do it. It could be a PoP! Exclusive!
QFT

53Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Joshua"]
Tripper McGee wrote:
Of course, afterwards I have to go chop down a tree, have sex with a virgin, and eat a steak to maintain the natural balance after having been to a salon.

And he has to do all three with his penis.

54Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lmao

55Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is from Celebrity Authentic's web site

Please be advised that due to circumstances beyond our control, we have canceled all talent scheduled to appear at the Big Apple Comic-Con including Willem Dafoe, Taylor Kitsch, Jamie Campbell Bower, Cameron Bright, Robert Patrick, Lynn Collins, Ioan Gruffudd and Scott Speedman. We realize that this comes as a great disappointment for we were all looking forward to the show and these talented artists. This is the first time we have had to cancel a scheduled show appearance for our talent however, we must take this necessary action.

All purchases will be fully refunded.We are working with the talent to reschedule their appearance at a future show or for a private signing and will announce details upon confirmation. Once again, our sincerest apologies and we thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Joe Lamothe
President
Celebrity Authentics

I'm sure those comments and the link that's been posted on WUMB will be deleted soon.

56Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:14 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This made me laugh.

From Spat:
As for CA, I haven't had the chance to really do anything with them. With only 2 weeks to the show, there's plenty of other work that I need to do to get the show ready. As curious as I am about the situation, I haven't had the time to ask anyone here for any new details, or contact anyone from CA myself.

57Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:33 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, we all know a phone call is so time consuming.

58Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They are still listing Willem Dafoe as a guest.
This is laughable but sad at the same time.

59Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:53 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But, in other news....

The Panels schedule is posted on the Programming Page!

Hot dog!

60Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
But, in other news....

The Panels schedule is posted on the Programming Page!

Hot dog!

Lol
I'm going to this so I guess I'll have to look it over to see if I'll be going to any panels.

I know I'll enjoy myself despite all the non sense.

61Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:This made me laugh.

From Spat:
As for CA, I haven't had the chance to really do anything with them. With only 2 weeks to the show, there's plenty of other work that I need to do to get the show ready. As curious as I am about the situation, I haven't had the time to ask anyone here for any new details, or contact anyone from CA myself.

That is pretty funny. Sure...CA is only responsible for the biggest stars (not) coming to the show. No reason to GET ON THAT.

62Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if they're going to wait until the day before the convention to make travel arrangements for their guests.

63Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok so the Con starts tomorrow and I have mixed feelings about this. As a comic book fan and a collector of sketch art I like who's going to be there and I'm excited to go. I also get to take my young cousin who is getting into comics now. The conflict comes in that by going I'm supporting Wizard and bootleg business practices.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

64Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I truly do hope you guys have a good time. Be sure to take pics and have a report ready on Monday! Wink

http://www.foxyart.net

65Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:14 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As much as Wizard has turned to poo in recent months, I'd love to attend the Big Apple con. Have a great time Rath!

66Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wizard is incredibly incompetent, but there are some great guests at the show so I have no doubt you'll have a good time.

67Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First day of Big Apple is over. I'll give everyone a full report latter. Just wanted to give you guys some news to make you laugh. Next year's Big Apple con is on the same days as NYCC! Yes Wizard/Shamus is going up against arguably the second biggest con in the US! I spoke to a few artist and guest and they all agreed that Wizard is crazy to think that they can compete with NYCC. The artist I spoke to already said that they will go to NYCC.

68Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/10/world-war-con-big-apple-2010-scheduled-for-same-weekend-as-nycc-2010/

69Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:13 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Idiots. The only thing crazier than scheduling a convention for the same weekend as NYCC would be attending Wizard's convention instead of NYCC.

70Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm wondering if their next step is to hold a con in San Diego at the same time as SDCC.

By the way Big Apple is a 2 min car ride away from where NYCC is held.

71Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:28 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's ridiculous, That was pretty much my last straw with Wizard. My only connection with the magazine is that I still post msgs on their board and even that I rarely do anymore

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

72Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And Shamus started a new e-newsletter called Geek Chic Daily http://www.geekchicdaily.com/. Couldn't he use Wizard for this? This just shows that he is abandoning Wizard and is just using it to set up his next ventures. He even took the EIC of Wizard and moved him over to Geek Chic Daily

73Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Rath99 wrote:He even took the EIC of Wizard and moved him over to Geek Chic Daily

Who is that...doesn't it change on a weekly basis? I think Jim was even Editor in Chief for about 5 minutes before they unceremoniously gave him his walking papers.

Between the time we shot the Chicago Comic Con videos, and the time we posted them, Mike Cotton's job title changed.

74Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New York Comic Con Responds to Big Apple Con 2010 Scheduling
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091016-NYCC-VS-Big-Apple.html

This was the talk of day two. Amongst artist, dealer, and guest.
Girlfriend and I were sporting our PoP! shirts today (pictures to come soon).
No BIG industry news to come out of the con...I didn't expect any.
Shatner pissed at how things were being handled..1hour+ wait if you left and tried to comeback in because the con had a lot of people and it was being closely monitored by the FDNY to make sure it wasn't a fire hazard.

More details and stories to come on the PoP! cast

75Big Apple Con - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Apple Con Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I'm wondering if their next step is to hold a con in San Diego at the same time as SDCC.

By the way Big Apple is a 2 min car ride away from where NYCC is held.
Briliant idea... get tickets to Big Apple find a corner in there to sleep in so that way you're only 2 mins away from NYCC which you'll be actually attending.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum