Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies

+5
Debaser77
Administrator
superdoug
Silent K
FroZen
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:10 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be enjoying Boondock Saints for the billionth time on St.Pats day. Anybody else got any favorite Irish movies?

2Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I guess The Departed would count, right?

3Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:24 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Quiet Man, starring Mister John Wayne and Miss Maureen O'Hara.

4Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Leprechaun?

5Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:57 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh oh... I just remembered the old Disney movie "Darby O'Gill and the little people" Great flick.

6Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

State of Grace.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The Departed is a good choice. I enjoy The Commitments as well.

8Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:48 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe I'm the only one who's a fan of The Quiet Man. It has the longest fist fight on film! And John Wayne! And sexy Maureen O'Hara! And it's set in Ireland!

Bah. Where's my shillelagh? tongue

9Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I can't believe I'm the only one who's a fan of The Quiet Man. It has the longest fist fight on film! And John Wayne! And sexy Maureen O'Hara! And it's set in Ireland!

Bah. Where's my shillelagh? tongue

Can't say I've ever seen it. And I've seen alot of JW movies. Guess I'm making a trip to the video store.

10Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The Quiet Man is very good, though it's very dated in its views on gender.
The only things about Boondock Saints I enjoyed were Billy Connolly and the "There was a FIRE-FIIIIIIIGHT!" scene.

11Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:The Quiet Man is very good, though it's very dated in its views on gender.

I've always loved it. It was the first movie based on a book that I'd ever been aware of seeing, and it follows the story so well that you can pick out the moments. Definitely a good St. Patrick's Day movie to view.

12Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Snatch.

Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Snatch
"Do you like Dags?"

13Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Justin wrote:Snatch.

Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Snatch
"Do you like Dags?"
I guess that could work...they weren't really Irish though....more so Gypsies. I love that movie.

14Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Big PUN

Big PUN
Cadet
Cadet

Surely, TITANIC can't be overlooked.

15Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:08 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I'll be enjoying Boondock Saints for the billionth time on St.Pats day. Anybody else got any favorite Irish movies?

Ditto.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

16Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Empty Re: Good Ol' St. Patty's Day movies Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

RottenTomatoes Top 10 Irish Films
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once/news/1714634/blarney_ten_great_irish_movies

A decent list of Irish-based films.
http://www.irishfilm.net/New.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum