Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Castings!

+29
Gandicles
Tripper McGee
gangsternerd
Foxy
Spider_Fan14
Thundermatts
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Debaser77
FroZen
BlueMaxx
krpykrwly
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Jonathan Crane
alucardbarnivous
Ska
Mnemosis
Joshua
superdoug
shining knight
Lee
Esbat
Hannibal king
Administrator
Airwolf
Gojiratoho
potatojoe
Silent K
Chi-Town Spidey
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I beleive what "popular" really boils down to is "compatible." The people perceived to be in the "clique" aren't excluding anyone, therefore it's not a clique. What's happening is, those are the people whose sensibilities best mesh with one another. What I think it boils down to is, some people on the board are the guys and girls I'd talk to at work if we worked in the same place, ebcause they're cool and fun to talk to. Others are the people who I'd actively stay in touch with after getting a new job. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but can any of you HONESTLY say you don't make the same distinctions, if only subconsciously?

Ska wrote:How is this not a clique? LMAO

PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Wallpaper-2

Agreed. If you're not in that picture, stop wasting my time with your posts. Laughing
Laughing
Laughing

52PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:Ohhhhh, I feel terrible!!!! I just never saw anything saying Jerry Whitworth=alucardbarnivous." lol! I'm sorry!!!!

Laughing Don't worry about it. Laughing

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

53PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:

Agreed. If you're not in that picture, stop wasting my time with your posts. Laughing
Laughing
Laughing

54PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Laughing
Laughing
Hahahahaha. I love you so much.

55PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Sorry if that sounds harsh, but can any of you HONESTLY say you don't make the same distinctions, if only subconsciously?

Actually, as someone who's always been on the outside, while I understand your logic, I don't subscribe to it.

I just want everyone to like me and include me, but I realistically realize a) I'm older than pretty much ALL of you and b) young people don't particularly get along with or want to hang out with people that remind them of their parents, even gay versions of them.

So, I don't expect to be included, but I can see where people would think you lot are kind of 'cliquish', particularly when you talk about Chicago and make private jokes that those who weren't in attendance can't appreciate.

Sorry to lay it out like that, but if we're being honest, let's be honest.

56PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I always thought you were part of the cool kids, Doug.

57PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I beleive what "popular" really boils down to is "compatible." The people perceived to be in the "clique" aren't excluding anyone, therefore it's not a clique. What's happening is, those are the people whose sensibilities best mesh with one another. What I think it boils down to is, some people on the board are the guys and girls I'd talk to at work if we worked in the same place, ebcause they're cool and fun to talk to. Others are the people who I'd actively stay in touch with after getting a new job. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but can any of you HONESTLY say you don't make the same distinctions, if only subconsciously?

Yeah, I think there's a considerable difference between 'group of friends' and 'clique'. If you want to join the group of friends, and are compatible, then be cool, hang out, and you're in. The whole clique thing at the WUMB is ridiculous.

58PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Ska wrote:
Silent K wrote:
Jerry Whitworth, meet Ska.

......no shit, that's who you are? XD Oh wow...uh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Laughing

LMAO!

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Silent K wrote:
Jerry Whitworth, meet Ska.

Laughing I feel like that guy who's like 'I sat behind you in Biology... and Social Science... and Physics.' Laughing

LMFAO!

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:

Laughing
Laughing

OMG STROKE!

59PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I always thought you were part of the cool kids, Doug.

I totally admit that it could be my own insecurity, but there are times around the board when I feel a real disconnect. Not that it's anyone's fault in particular; like I said, my age probably factors into it. But I thought it would be good to express myself at this opportunity. Smile

60PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:

Laughing
Laughing

Laughing

61PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:

I totally admit that it could be my own insecurity, but there are times around the board when I feel a real disconnect. Not that it's anyone's fault in particular; like I said, my age probably factors into it. But I thought it would be good to express myself at this opportunity. Smile

You're the gay uncle I never had.

62PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm starting my own clique. And we'll have beer

63PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I totally admit that it could be my own insecurity, but there are times around the board when I feel a real disconnect. Not that it's anyone's fault in particular; like I said, my age probably factors into it. But I thought it would be good to express myself at this opportunity. Smile

If it's any consolation, most people on message boards think I'm like 40 or 50 and don't learn otherwise until I start speaking about growing up in the 80's or use street lingo. Stan said one of the benefits of Spider-Man's all-encompassing costume is that anyone can imagine they're Spider-Man, whatever color, class, or religion they derive. The same's true of the internet. Until I see pictures, I assume everyone is male, white, and in their twenties (namely, me).

64PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I'm starting my own clique. And we'll have beer
yes

65PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh yeah?

Well my clique will have strippers.

66PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Ska wrote:How is this not a clique? LMAO

PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Wallpaper-2

The Clique! Can someone tape my picture in the corner? Laughing
Fuck no. Next time you bring our ass to Chicago. Laughing

Hells yeah.
Silent K wrote:
You're the gay uncle I never had.
I like Doug WAYYYY better than my actual gay uncle. That guy is a crazy asshole.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

67PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let's see another casting! I cant come up with one ....... yet

68PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:I like Doug WAYYYY better than my actual gay uncle. That guy is a crazy asshole.

lmao lmao

That made my whole morning.

69PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:particularly when you talk about Chicago and make private jokes that those who weren't in attendance can't appreciate.
This is what I don't understand. Chicago wasn't an exclusive event, anyone could go. No, not everyone is able to go for various reasons, but none of those were because any of the so-called "cool" kids prevented it from happening. Hell, there were people who hung out with a lot of us at the con who had only been members of the WUMB or PoP for weeks, or even days, some people who we didn't even know before the con (ELI!). I don't see how that equates to being a clique.

I'd also like to echo what Kerouac said. Not all people get along. It's not because anyone is a jerk, some people just aren't compatible. Some people just have natural chemistry. Not getting along with someone doesn't mean that you're enemies. Having similar interests doesn't automatically mean two people will enjoy each others' company. I don't see how anyone could be blamed for getting along with some people better than others. Again, it's not like any member of this board is actively trying to keep anyone out.

I always thought you were part of the cool kids, Doug.
As did I.

70PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Roger DeBris - Joshua
PoP! Castings! - Page 3 TheProducers6
Ruby Rod
PoP! Castings! - Page 3 5e_044RubyRod
Joshua
What the fuck?!

Ha Ha! That is pretty funny.

alucardbarnivous wrote:BATMAN BEGINS
Lucius Fox: Spider-Man

"Didn't you get the memo?" Laughing

Hey come one, it's a fun game. Sure there was some crap back during the wumb days we had to deal with, but it's cool here. Everyone is, just post your fucken favorite movie and cast some damn POPSTARS for christ sake!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

71PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

superdoug wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Sorry if that sounds harsh, but can any of you HONESTLY say you don't make the same distinctions, if only subconsciously?

Actually, as someone who's always been on the outside, while I understand your logic, I don't subscribe to it.

I just want everyone to like me and include me, but I realistically realize a) I'm older than pretty much ALL of you and b) young people don't particularly get along with or want to hang out with people that remind them of their parents, even gay versions of them.

So, I don't expect to be included, but I can see where people would think you lot are kind of 'cliquish', particularly when you talk about Chicago and make private jokes that those who weren't in attendance can't appreciate.

Sorry to lay it out like that, but if we're being honest, let's be honest.

While I appreciate that, I think it's silly. This isn't directed at you, but... why fault us for talking about the fun time we had together. It's not like everyone and anyone couldn't have been there. Hell, Denim's in that picture, Denim's part of the post con talk, and I'd never met Denim before that in my life. And frankly, I don't think anyone would consider him part of the "clique" despite the fact that he's a part of all the same conversations.

I really don't think it has much of anything to do with that, for most people. Doug, I love you and your posts, but they're not QUITE my style. Not in the same way that Lee or Knize or Joshua's are. I don't attempt to exclude anyone, I respond to any comments that I find funny or witty or intelligent or whatever. Why should I be held at fault for finding one person's sense of humor funnier than another's? And I know it's not specifically me, just using myself as an example.

72PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Alright....let's all be friends. Suspect

73PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:23 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Will there be meetings?

I love Grosse Point Blank. Smile

74PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Laughing
Laughing

I'll be sending my happy ass back to the WUMB then, I guess.

I wonder if its too late to get an 'I support Grandpa' banner. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

75PoP! Castings! - Page 3 Empty Re: PoP! Castings! Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:
Laughing
Laughing

I'll be sending my happy ass back to the WUMB then, I guess.

I wonder if its too late to get an 'I support Grandpa' banner. Very Happy
Noooooooooooooooo! surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum