Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your Favorite DC Story?

+12
J Nova
Joshua
shining knight
jaydee74
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
The Ignored One
Administrator
rwe1138
Esbat
Combo Mo
alucardbarnivous
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:53 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
Batman: No Man's Land
Thank you. That, albeit very long, story is a must read for Bat fans. The gang war, mystery, and the like...just fantastic.

As for mainstream?

Robinson's Starman came to mind really fast. Then Gotham Central and so did The Question 80's series.

But, a story-arc? Hm.
Most would say Kingdom Come, and it was good, but I know there's a better for me.

Justice Society Returns. A 9 issue series of one-shots (sorta) using classic titles that interconnect. Pretty fun.

27What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I love the usual suspects, Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come, Watchmen, etc...

I've seen my recent favorites mentioned as well.

Green Lantern Rebirth, Hal Jordan comes back, Paralax finally makes sense, Sinestro Returns, and we get so many hints at what's to come it's a blast to read recent issues and go back and reread Rebirth and see John's setting us up.

Sinestro Corps War, Just insane from start to finish, Sinestro, Superboy/Man Prime, Hank Henshaw, and the frickin Anti Monitor running around the DC Universe all in one storyline outside of a Crisis... Yeah, and the story was good too. Makes me drool for Blackest Night just thinking about how good this one was.

If we're counting Vertigo in on the fun then you have to call out Preacher, Y the Last Man, and Fables as well, all three are among the best written series/stories written in all of comics. Oh yeah, and that Sandman guy was pretty good as well.

28What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fables oh hell yeah and I suspect I'll probably be listing the great fables crossover at a later point

29What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:46 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

If I had to pick one storyline out of Fables I'd probably go with Homelands, you finally find out who the Adversary is, although they hinted at who it was pretty heavily in March of the Wooden Soldiers, you get to see Boy Blue tear the Homelands apart looking for Red, you get a glimpse of what Charming will become eventually and the ground work begins to get laid for the eventual war between the Empire and the Fables, when you look back at this one you see just how well plotted Fables is.

30What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone going to put Blackest Night? Heh.

31What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even though it is no longer cannon, I have to say, Byrne's Man of Steeel mini series that re-defined Superman is one of my all time favorites. I really liked the Superman he did, a more simplified Superman. The meeting between Batman and him as they fought Magpie as well as the new Bizzaro were extremly well done. Also enjoyed the 3 Worlds of mini series that were done as well. Worlds of Krypton being one that stood out among the rest for it's new history of Krypton.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

32What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Forgot to add. Um...Unwritten's first story-arc has me hooked and needs more acknowledgement.

33What's your Favorite DC Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your Favorite DC Story? Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watchmen
The Killing Joke
Sinestro Corps War

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum