Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroes

+33
Jherek
Sandman
shark6495
Combo Mo
comicgeekelly
Rath99
Nymn
Goof
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
AlienIncognito
Off_White_Lantern
kreepfan
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
Metal Misfit
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Gandicles
TENIME_art
Gojiratoho
superdoug
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
The_Donster
MillionDollarGeek
Denim
Debaser77
Batman25JM
Administrator
Tripper McGee
Chi-Town Spidey
37 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Heroes Empty Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Might as well start the thread.

2 Hour Premire tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

2Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm stoked!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

3Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I really hope this will determine my final decision to quit the show. I doubt anything I see will change my mind to the positive, but who knows?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

4Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I really hope this will determine my final decision to quit the show. I doubt anything I see will change my mind to the positive, but who knows?

Whow you kidding? It's been three seasons already and you are still on the fan boat. Laughing

5Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll watch it. I don't really care for the show, but after watching it for 3 years I just sorta stick with it out of habit.

The last 5 episodes of season 3 were better than most. I just watched them a few weeks ago. They might have been better regarding quality, or maybe my expectations are now so low that even mediocre quality looks good.

6Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'll check out the premiere but don't know if I'll watch much more than that.

7Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved season one, thought season 2 was not so bad, season 3 really fell apart for me. I will be watching tonight, but expectations are low

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

8Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'll check out the premiere but don't know if I'll watch much more than that.

Wink

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

9Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it!

10Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:20 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wasn't bad. I liked the carnical, didn't care for the Claire stuff. The Syler arc is too close to the Proteus arc that was used in Exiles for me

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

11Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:29 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll watch it tomorrow on G4, I gave up on the show. I find myself just fast forwarding through the good parts now.

on a scale of 1 to 10, how good was it?

12Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Have it recorded on the old dvr and plan to play catch up in the next few days. To be honest, Sylar is the only interesting character that keeps me watching. Last seasons stuff was everywhere and I kept expecting Hiro to bring us back to zero....and nothing happened. Like others, I'll probable watch this train wreck until it goes off the air, all the while missing Sarah Connor Chronicles and other worth shows that aren't around anymore.

13Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:48 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

14Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I assume the premeir found everyone doing the exact same things they've done for three years now? Has Claire been captured yet? Has Sylar become temporarily good and worked with a hero yet? Has that ugly chick from Final Destination been killed off, just to be introduced as yet another character? This show is garbage and either needs to dump that showrunner, or GTFO. I've never seen a show that recycles storyline, instead of at least storylines.

15Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:41 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:So I assume the premeir found everyone doing the exact same things they've done for three years now?

No.

Thundermatts wrote:Has Claire been captured yet?

No.

Thundermatts wrote: Has Sylar become temporarily good and worked with a hero yet?

Not really. The storyline involving him seems to be a lot more interesting this time around.

Thundermatts wrote:Has that ugly chick from Final Destination been killed off, just to be introduced as yet another character?

No. And they explained that Tracy and Nikki were two of a set of triplets, just for your edification.

Thundermatts wrote: This show is garbage and either needs to dump that showrunner, or GTFO. I've never seen a show that recycles storyline, instead of at least storylines.

Then why do you care what happens on it, or who watches it? Just ignore it and watch something else, like Dancing With the Stars.

16Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:51 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

because the show used to not be garbage, and I'd like it to be not got garbage again. And because I'm just as allowed to voice my displeasure towards something as anyone else is allowed to praise it. Otherwise, what's the point of what we do here, i.e. leave messages for one another. On a message board?

17Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:because the show used to not be garbage, and I'd like it to be not got garbage again. And because I'm just as allowed to voice my displeasure towards something as anyone else is allowed to praise it. Otherwise, what's the point of what we do here, i.e. leave messages for one another. On a message board?

But...how do you voice displeasure, or measure how much better a show has or has not gotten when your post infers that you've already discarded the show? Voicing displeasure is one thing; coming in and knocking a show you've discarded is being a troll about it. Wink

At least check out the season premiere before you assume it's 'more of the same'. They've said all summer that the show's status quo would be completely different this season.

And stop being so sensitive, ya big girl! Laughing

18Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they said that after everyone hated season 2 as well. annnnnnd season 3 was *gasp* more of the same.

Apparently they just think having Claire make out with chicks is the same thing as storytelling. Of course, the origianl idea was the best, where each season (or even volume) would be made up of new characters, but I can see why NBC wasn't thrilled with getting rid of actors who had become popular along with their characters, but Kring seems content to not take the characters anywhere. I probabaly will check out the pilot eventually. I hope Heroes is on Hulu

19Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Check out the site on Friday. Just sayin'.

20Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm digging what they've done to Sylar (though the whole Nathan/Sylar ending from last season seemed like such a cop out...it's ok to kill main characters when you have 30 of them).

I also like what they've done to Hiro, and I'd like to see more of the Heroes have their powers flake out on them.

Ray Park was kind of a let down for me. I was hoping they'd give him a power not based on martial arts but no, he's super fast and uses kukri daggers. One bonus though, I think he's spoken more lines in the pilot than he has in the 5 movies I've seen him in. Another bonus, having met him at CCC, I now know how tall I am compared to the rest of the cast. Smile

21Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:09 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:I'm digging what they've done to Sylar (though the whole Nathan/Sylar ending from last season seemed like such a cop out...it's ok to kill main characters when you have 30 of them).

I also like what they've done to Hiro, and I'd like to see more of the Heroes have their powers flake out on them.

Ray Park was kind of a let down for me. I was hoping they'd give him a power not based on martial arts but no, he's super fast and uses kukri daggers. One bonus though, I think he's spoken more lines in the pilot than he has in the 5 movies I've seen him in. Another bonus, having met him at CCC, I now know how tall I am compared to the rest of the cast. Smile

Laughing

I disagree about Hiro or the others losing their powers. If I wanted to watch a show about normal people whining about their lives, I'd watch more CW. Laughing I want to see powers. If they want Hiro dead - kill him. I'm tired of them killing off all the new characters they bring in, but the old characters are getting stale & annoying (still love Noah, though, and would prefer them to stick Sylar to one personality). Parkman & Claire were getting annoying until they did something power-related (though, Claire, less-so).

Agree about Ray. Though, can't say as though I'm surprised. Rolling Eyes

This show confuses the fuck out of me with everyone's powers. First, I thought Sullivan could control earth (a'la "Terra" from Teen Titans), the way he covered up the coffin. Now, he does something kinda cool with tattoo ink, which I initially thought was all Lydia. Make up your friggin' minds, people. "Peter's too powerful with his 'Mimic' power, let's make him useless by making him 'Rogue'." But other people can have multiple powers that don't make any sense together (unlike Tracy's ice/water). Rolling Eyes

Thank god Danko's gone. God, I hated him.

All of that aside, I really liked these two episodes. Much more than 50-60% of Season 3.

Did anyone else (besides Pete) think that these episodes were really dark (and I'm not talking mood-wise)?

Oh, and I'm in love with Madeline Zima (Gretchen).

Heroes 1312242-MadelineZima_detail

wub

22Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm thinking cause othe darkness...cutbacks NBC was making, to save money.

Chris, do you fall in love with every new female cast member that comes on this show. Laughing Oh amd I'm soooo glad Claire roommate is gone, that girl had stress written all over her. HATE personalities like that!!!

Life isn't an excel plan chart you stupid bitch!! Things get in the way! We don't HAVE to do things a certain way and in a certain time! No need to piss on people that don't do things your way!!!! ARGH!

23Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

TENIME_art wrote:

He was one of the few interesting characters of Season 3 IMO.

24Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Multi quote doesn't seem to want to work for me in Firefox....made this alot more difficult than it needed to be.

TENIME_art wrote:
I disagree about Hiro or the others losing their powers. If I wanted to watch a show about normal people whining about their lives, I'd watch more CW. Laughing I want to see powers. If they want Hiro dead - kill him.
I'm not talking about what they did with Arthur Petrelli or with the Shanti Virus, I'm talking about powers fucking up. Hiro still has his powers, but they are much more taxing for him (and I think they'll probably reveal he has a brain tumor). I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of the powers being a muscle, and if you over work it you're going to strain it and it just won't work properly again till it's healed. I'd like to see more of the characters overreaching their power's abilities and having repercussions because of it. (Like Claire finding out that just because she can regenerate from death doesn't mean she still doesn't need oxygen.)

Spider-Man wrote:Oh amd I'm soooo glad Claire roommate is gone, that girl had stress written all over her. HATE personalities like that!!!

Life isn't an excel plan chart you stupid bitch!! Things get in the way! We don't HAVE to do things a certain way and in a certain time! No need to piss on people that don't do things your way!!!! ARGH!
Like being thrown from your 4rth story dorm room window Wink

Debaser77 wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

He was one of the few interesting characters of Season 3 IMO.

Agreed, I really liked him...I mean, I hated him, but I liked the dynamic he brought. Though it's pretty ass-tacular of them to bring him back for the premier episode just to kill him.

25Heroes Empty Re: Heroes Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:

Spider-Man wrote:Oh amd I'm soooo glad Claire roommate is gone, that girl had stress written all over her. HATE personalities like that!!!

Like being thrown from your 4rth story dorm room window Wink

So sure are you? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum