Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you noticed...?

+4
alucardbarnivous
elijahdprophet
Joshua
blue halo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you noticed...? Empty Have you noticed...? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Between First Flight, Blackest Night and Cry For Justice, a new focus has been put on Hal Jordan. Theories on this? My figuring is that DC's ramping up the exposure on Hal as a lead up to the Green Lantern movie next year.

To be honest, I never really paid much attention to the GL stories, and never really thought that Hal Jordan was all that interesting a character. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But, I have been enjoying the aformentioned titles a bunch, so maybe I should take another look at him.

2Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the focus on Hal Jordan began five years ago with Green Lantern: Rebirth...

3Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Joshua wrote:I think the focus on Hal Jordan began five years ago with Green Lantern: Rebirth...

I agree. Hal was always an interesting character, between the GL/GA stories and the late 80s/early 90s Emerald Dawn and relaunched ongoing series, and his eventual turn to retconned insanity. I think Rebirth put a lot of focus on the character, and Secret Origin made a lot of steps in removing the more complicated bits (Emerald Dawn 1 and 2) while also laying groundwork for Blackest Night.

The movie may have something to do with it, though. My personal theory is that someone had an image of this cover

Have you noticed...? 300px-Green_Lantern_Vol_3_49

but with Hal wearing one of each Corps rings. I think thats what it has all been about.

4Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:22 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have you noticed...? Img9568fa7

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

5Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:43 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

blue halo wrote:
To be honest, I never really paid much attention to the GL stories, and never really thought that Hal Jordan was all that interesting a character. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But, I have been enjoying the aformentioned titles a bunch, so maybe I should take another look at him.
Me either. I refer to him as Captain Vanilla.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

6Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:16 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Me either. I refer to him as Captain Vanilla.

I didn't really like him until Emerald Dawn or Hard-Travellin' Heroes.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

7Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:56 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I think I'm starting to turn around with Hal. He might not be so bad after all. I don't think I'm going to pick up the current series, but I'm also not going to turn away from a story because he's in it either.

8Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I always felt like John Stewart was the vanilla of the Earth Green Lanterns. I want to like him because I dig his constructs, but he's just written so blandly. As it stands, Hal and Guy are my favorite Earthman Lanterns.

9Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like others I didn't get into GL until Hal began to go bad. I liked Kyle when he was the only GL and I wasn't to sure what I was going to think about Hal when they brought him back. I've enjoyed what they are doing with him and the GL universe. He's moved up my ranks of favorite heroes. I do think there are too many GL's. Same thing with Flash.

10Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't find it so odd. Dan Didio has been vocal about increasing Hal's status and making him as big as the Trinity. I for one am all for that.

11Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Rath99 wrote:Like others I didn't get into GL until Hal began to go bad. I liked Kyle when he was the only GL and I wasn't to sure what I was going to think about Hal when they brought him back. I've enjoyed what they are doing with him and the GL universe. He's moved up my ranks of favorite heroes. I do think there are too many GL's. Same thing with Flash.
I've never been all that big into Flash. I picked up the first 3 issues of Rebirth, and didn't really give a rat's ass.

12Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Being a huge Hal Jordan fan going back roughly 30 years now, I am so glad he's getting this push.

13Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:02 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never gave the character any thought at all until the sinestro corps war. Now hes my must read in the week either gl or glc comes out

14Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Like others I didn't get into GL until Hal began to go bad. I liked Kyle when he was the only GL and I wasn't to sure what I was going to think about Hal when they brought him back. I've enjoyed what they are doing with him and the GL universe. He's moved up my ranks of favorite heroes. I do think there are too many GL's. Same thing with Flash.

That's because at it's core, Green Lantern is a intergalactic group. I am loving both series. Always have and always will.

15Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:33 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I picked up the Rebirth TPB the other day, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it! With all the great GL-centric stories I've been reading lately, it's too bad I didn't get into the character earlier!

16Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:I picked up the Rebirth TPB the other day, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it! With all the great GL-centric stories I've been reading lately, it's too bad I didn't get into the character earlier!
Rebirth is a great jumping on point.

17Have you noticed...? Empty Re: Have you noticed...? Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Rebirth was great! I'm definetly going to be jumping onto the ongoing series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum