Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark

+22
CherriesJubilee
DickGrayson007
melvinlikechris
(._Y_.)
Spider_Fan14
riv1
Matt
colossus1979
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
shining knight
Metal Misfit
Ric Magnum
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Jonathan Crane
FroZen
Splitty
Joshua
TENIME_art
krpykrwly
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:21 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Share your spooky videos, stories and pics!

Previous thread:
http://wizarduniverse.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=27779&hl=creepy&st=0

Last night, I was derailed from seeing a movie by a pal of mine 'J,' who needed a ride to a barbeque, with an invite as barter. Damn right I could see the movie another time!

We arrive at Lindsey's house, where her roommates were all running about, organizing the contents of 11 empty grocery bags; meat here, condiments there, booze here, etc...

I'd noted to Lindsey that I liked her new home, it's much bigger, roomier, and safer than her previous one, to which she looked a little puzzled.

"You... you must be referring to the house on 'Nashville St,' because you never saw..."
"...the other one," Lindsey's roommate Emily finished.
"So... you don't know the story of the place in between the place you knew us to live in and this one, right?" Lindsey asked.

I just stood there, curious of all of the wide-eyed, uneasy looks, making myself wordlessly obvious that I'd not a clue. They called in the third roommate, Brianne, followed by J.

They took turns adding in their 'two-cents,' confirming little details, adding others, to which they all agreed upon as the story progressed. Rather than make this a back-and-forth story of four people interjecting, I'll tell it to you third-person.

On Carrollton Avenue in New Orleans, Lindsey had parted with her previous roommate, and got together with two girls from school she didn't know so well, Brianne and Emily, and got a decent place. The place in question was rather roomy, in a good location, and, above all, a hell of a bargain. This house, like most in the neighborhood, is nearly one hundred years old.

When Emily and Lindsey arrived to move their belongings in, they saw a note on the door of the furthest room from the front door, there was a note by Brianne, saying that she'd already claimed it, which annoyed the other two girls.

A blessing in disguise.

Brianne's Mad Dash

Within the first week or two, Brianne and the girls were all in the house together, Lindsey and Emily supposedly asleep, and Brianne up all night, determined to finish the book she was reading. At somewhere between 2-4am, she reached the last page of her text, closing the book, and settling into bed to see if she was tired enough to sleep, just yet. Note that the book was NOT a mystery/horror book, and that she had an elated feeling about what she'd just read.

She was replacing the book back on the shelf, and general before-bed tidying up, when the light above her started flickering, then went out. Brianne then turned off all of the lamps around the room, leaving the one near her desk on.

She soon found out she couldn’t sleep, so she sat up again, and turned on the television, putting in a cartoon DVD, in the hope it'd tire her out before the sun came up.

She heard a rapping on the wall, and stood, not knowing if it came from her door or her wall. Brianne lowered the volume on the TV, fearing it woke up a roommate, and approached the corner of the room where the noise was coming from. It wasn't the door, it wasn't the wall, it was coming from the closet.

What Brianne didn't know at the time was that her deep closet shared a wall with Emily's equally deep closet, not Emily's wall.

Brianne assumed it was Emily who was knocking, and crept back to bed, in silence. Again, the rapping coursed through the room, so Brianne got up, exited the room, only to find Emily fast asleep in her own room, her body splayed nowhere near the wall in question. She checked on Lindsey, who was also fully asunder, her room too far for her to have knocked on the wall, to do so loud enough to gain Brianne's attention would have woken up the whole house!

Confused, and a little weirded-out, Brianne returned to her room, closed the door, and turned off the TV and remaining lamps, and reached for the desk lamp, which turned off before she could hit the switch. She retreated her hand in surprise, and the light flickered on; she then reached forward again, and she successfully managed to turn it off, the desk lamp having given up on a life of its own.

Suddenly, light flooded the room, the overhead light blasted into life; perhaps it wasn't the bulb that broke, but simply a loose socket?

Brianne, in the few seconds it took for her to turn around, and head towards the light switch, became uneasy. Sure, it was scary, and the visual impact of the overhead light flickering like crazy was intimidating enough, but it wasn't without the realm of reason that this old house had loose bulbs, sockets, even wiring, to which she'd have a chat with the landlord about investigating before a inner-wall fire could occur.

Brianne consoled herself with such thoughts, as she approached the light switch in the strobed room, to finally turn it off, and put an end to this ordeal for the night. However, she began to believe the strobing effect of the light flickering on and off maniacally was making her see things... or not, for once she got to the light switch...

The light switch was been frantically flipping up and down on its own.

She jumped back in panic, as the strobing continued for a full few seconds, then suddenly stopped. Following a few moments later, in the darkness, was the knocking making a re-appearance, but much, much louder than before.

Brianne grabbed what she could, and got the fuck out of there around 5am, not only not looking back, but too scared to even inform the other girls of what went on.

The Wireman

It took a long time for Brianne to be coaxed back into the house, since no strange events had occurred since, yet Brianne wasn't going anywhere NEAR that room, so, she slept elsewhere in the house. It was suggested that Brianne sleep on the second floor, since the weather was good, and the only reason it wasn't used was that the landlord had yet to repair the AC/Heating units up there. Brianne refused. As tall-tale hauntings go, Brianne reasoned, she was going to stay away from an attic as far as possible, despite the fact that all of the happenings occurred in the back bedroom that she once claimed.

Weeks passed, and Emily had some visitors come over on one occasion, and Lindsey had some of her own on another; neither group of visitors slept more than one night in that house, citing that they had 'strange dreams' that they refused to discuss, and they had an unnatural apprehension from going down the hall past Emily's room.

Lindsey decided to investigate a bit, and entered Brianne's room during the day, finding nothing out of order. However, upon inspecting the closet where Brianne heard pounding noises, she discovered that not only did the back of the closet share a wall with the back of Emily's closet, there was a sizable hole cut out of it, enough for a child to pass back and forth. Upon even closer inspection, the wall was shared, yes, but was hollowed, there was three feet or more difference between the two panels in the back of the two closets. Lindsey shined a light on the little space, and found a large spool of 'industrial' wire. She turned the light upward, toward the ceiling, and discovered this little 'hollow' went straight through the second floor, and into the attic, she could see a large beam stretching across, far above.

Lindsey kept this discovery to herself for a few days.

A night or two later, Emily was looking rather haggard, and explained that it was due to lack of sleep, since recurring nightmares kept jolting her out of slumber. The other two girls pressed on the contents of the dreams, the reslut of which much to their shock.

All three girls (and one overnight guest) had the same dream, as did the two previous guests, when contacted and insisted upon the details:

A very old, bald man was suspended above them, from wires somehow attached to his back, reaching up into the blackness; his arms were slung down, locked at the elbow, as to reach as far down as he possibly could; his arms began as skin, muscle, and sinew, but gradually terminated into a cluster of wires. The Wireman dangled above the dreamer, waving/scissoring his arms back and forth at locked length, as if trying to wipe past the faces of the startled dreamer. Finally, the man would buckle, as if a few inches of slack was granted from above, and the Wireman would immediately and eagerly grasp the sleeper’s throats with its wire-hands, and choke them vigrously. They could hear him smiling. The dreamer would suffer and die in the dreams, before awaking.

The vast majority of these factors were shared with the dreamers, without deviance.

Call in The Calvary

The profusely apologetic Landlord didn't question the girls' fright (obviously there's something he knew they didn't,) and offered to send in an exorcist. Apparently, Exorcists are few and far between, so the girls popped down to some of the (very few) reputable psychics that were marvelously expensive; she got three to come on half-pay, half-favor. Remember, this is New Orleans, even I know of 1000 'Psychics,' but I only believe 3 or 4 of them.

It should be noted that Lindsey was smart about this, she didn't mention anything about the room, dreams, or actual location of the house, and should the psychics wish to investigate before they come to the site. Lindsey convinced them to accept the job with as very little info as possible, and all of the girls were there when the Psychics showed up, offering them nothing, but listening to everything.

The Psychics entered the house and all of its rooms, feeling nothing, until they got to the last room of the hall, where all three of them looked at each other in discomfort. One began crying. They backed out of the room. Lindsey took them into Emily's room, and showed them the 'little room' between the closets (obviously from the 'safe' side,) and directed their attention upward. Soon after, the band of explorers would find themselves in the dreaded attic, and had found the crossbeam in question.

It had a deeply-etched groove of wear from a once-taut wire, and was indeed centered directly above that little hole.

The Psychics soon joined the girls in the living room, and discussed what they felt.

Apparently, a long time ago, a woman had run off from her husband, and little boy. The husband refused to let the child go outside, thinking that he'd run off, and the only way the mother would return was if the child was there, she'd surely not come back if it were just the father.

One day, tired of the wait, the father locked his son in his bedroom, and hung himself (with wire, we're not 100% certain, in the little room? Not 100% certain) until, of course, he died, assuming that the mother would soon come for the son. She didn't. The little boy died of dehydration in his room.

While this didn't explain a good half of what went on, the Psychic went on to say...

"Well, there was some sort of torture... perhaps self-torture, but I don't know if the preceded the man and his boy, or if it involved the man and his boy... we threw down many tarot cards, and, despite the meaning of 'The Hanged Man' that we all accept, it came up every damn hand... we use 108 cards, it came up EVERY three cards after a thorough re-shuffle. I think it's demanding a new meaning, perhaps an obvious one? We don't know, we don't normally do this, but certain impressions are undeniable."

Fallout

The Landlord offered a second property, bigger, better, and cheaper, to which the girls took, and presently live.

The girls, when they think of it, did a little investigating, and here's what they came up with:

(1) Neighbors had seen six sets of tennants come and go in the last two years alone.

(2) Their pal, Brian, who had several nervous breakdowns (including crying in class, and walking around bug-eyed,) in the year previous turned out having lived in that very house, in that very room for six months. Brian was mortified when the girls admitted they stayed there. He even recalled the 'Wireman' dream with eerie clarity and description. Apparently his state has improved in the time he's been out of that house.

(3) The house is currently unoccupied.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

2Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

3Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You'd think I would have learned my lesson last year, and yet here I am.

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark The-girl-who-stood-on-a-gra
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Scary_face
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sc12eq8
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Scarystories_stephengammel-702253
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Hanging_dress
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sc11xp7
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sc31vi3
Don't Read This Thread in the Dark 571338c0

4Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:33 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

5Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fairhairedchild2

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

6Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Splitty wrote:Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fairhairedchild2

I'm glad he looked so creepy because the story fell pretty much flat for me, otherwise.

7Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:47 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hands Resist Him

In February, 2000 the sudden appearance of a rather strange painting with the accompanying title of "Haunted Painting" made it's debut on Ebay.com. Of course a title like this is going to attract attention and it's still discussed to this day whether the painting is genuinely haunted or not. Even stranger is the reactions that the general public had when viewing the photos of the painting.

The artist is Bill Stoneham, the painting title is "Hands Resist Him".
You can visit his website at Stoneham Studios.
Bill tells of how he painted Hands Resist Him in 1972, the boy in the picture being himself, the hands being other lives, the windows/door being a thin veil between waking and dreaming with the small doll like girl being the guide through.

Bill does not know how his painting ended up abandoned as described by the Ebay.com seller, but he does know a gallery owner where the painting was originally displayed and sold at, and a Los Angeles Times critic, who reviewed the show, were both dead within one year of the painting being shown.

THE ORIGINAL EBAY TEXT THAT ACCOMPANIED THE PAINTING
WHEN WE RECEIVED THIS PAINTING, WE THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY GOOD ART. A " PICKER " HAD FOUND IT ABANDONED BEHIND AN OLD BREWERY. AT THE TIME WE WONDERED A LITTLE WHY A SEEMINGLY PERFECTLY FINE PAINTING WOULD BE DISCARDED LIKE THAT. ( TODAY WE DON'T !!! ) ONE MORNING OUR 4 AND 1/2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CLAIMED, THAT THE CHILDREN IN THE PICTURE WERE FIGHTING, AND COMING INTO THE ROOM DURING THE NIGHT. NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE IN UFOS OR ELVIS BEING ALIVE, BUT MY HUSBAND WAS ALARMED. TO MY AMUSEMENT HE SET UP A MOTION TRIGGERED CAMERA FOR THE NIGHTS. AFTER THREE NIGHTS THERE WERE PICTURES.THE LAST TWO PICTURES SHOWN ARE FROM THAT 'STAKEOUT'. AFTER SEEING THE BOY SEEMINGLY EXITING THE PAINTING UNDER THREAT, WE DECIDED, THE PAINTING HAS TO GO.PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. --- BEFORE YOU DO, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING WARNING AND DISCLAIMER. ----WARNING: DO NOT BID ON THIS PAINTING IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO STRESS RELATED DISEASE, FAINT OF HEART OR ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH SUPERNATURAL EVENTS. BY BIDDING ON THIS PAINTING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE THE OWNERS OF ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE SALE OR ANY EVENTS HAPPENING AFTER THE SALE, THAT MIGHT BE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PAINTING. THIS PAINTING MAY OR MAY NOT POSESS SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THAT COULD IMPACT OR CHANGE YOUR LIFE. HOWEVER, BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO EXCLUSIVELY BID ON THE VALUE OF THE ARTWORK, WITH DISREGARD TO THE LAST TWO PHOTOS FEATURED IN THIS AUCTION, AND HOLD THE OWNERS HARMLESS IN REGARD TO THEM AND THEIR IMPACT, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.------------ NOW THAT WE GOT THIS OUT OF THE WAY, ONE QUESTION TO YOU EBAYERS. WE WANT OUR HOUSE TO BE BLESSED AFTER THE PAINTING IS GONE, DOES ANYBODY KNOW, WHO IS QUALIFIED TO DO THAT? THE SIZE OF THE PAINTING IS 24 BY 36 INCHES, SO IT IS RATHER LARGE. AS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS, HERE THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS. THERE WAS NO ODOR LEFT BEHIND IN THE ROOM. THERE WERE NO VOICES, OR THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER, NO FOODPRINTS OR STRANGE FLUIDS ON THE WALL. TO DETER QUESTIONS IN THIS DIRECTION, THERE ARE NO GHOSTS IN THIS WORLD , NO SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THIS IS JUST A PAINTING, AND MOST THESE THINGS HAVE AN EXPLANATION, IN THIS CASE PROBABLY A FLUKE LIGHT EFFECT. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BID ON THE ARTWORK, AND CONSIDER THE LAST TWO PHOTOGRAPHS AS PURE ENTERTAINMENT, AND PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION, WHEN BIDDING. AS WE THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO BLESS ANY HOUSE, WE STILL WELCOME INPUT INTO THAT PROCEDURE.

This auction is nearing the end. I want to thank the more than 13000 people that took the time to look at this image on Ebay. I appreciate the more than 30 suggestions, that I received regarding blessing the house, exorcising and cleansing. 7 e-mails reported strange or irregular events taking place, when viewing this image. And I will relay two suggestions made by the senders. First not to use this image as the background on the screen, and second not to display this image around juveniles or children. Last not least, thanks for appreciating the art as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reactions to viewing the painting are varied and strange, people report of feeling ill and passing out, having strange visitors in the night, children crying in horror when seeing the pictures and some people are even too afraid to look at the pictures.

The strange light on the painting as seen in the pictures displayed on Ebay.com. could have been achieved by various camera tricks or just by shining a red light on the painting. Very simply done. NO the painting is not genuinely haunted.

Hands Resist Him eventually sold for $1,025.00 - first bid was $199.00 - it had a total of 30 bids. I would imagine with the popularity of this painting that it would be worth a lot more now, not merely for its value as a painting but for its value as the now famous "Haunted Ebay Painting".

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Hp2lrg

8Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

cool!! I love that kind of shit!! I'm a big believer in that kind of stuff. I think people like "Ghost Hunters: T.A.P.S." are out of their minds.If there really are lost souls and evil entities out there and you're looking for them...chances are...you'll find them and what's gonna stop them from following you're ass home?

9Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One of my absolute favorite episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Creeper: http://www.hulu.com/watch/9/alfred-hitchcock-presents-the-creeper

I have yet to watch a single episode of Tales from the Darkside because the damn intro is too scary for me:

10Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:I'm glad he looked so creepy because the story fell pretty much flat for me, otherwise.
Ahhhh. I suspected it was from a game but no clue as to which one.

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Scaryclown1

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Scaryclown2

11Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:59 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Splitty wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:I'm glad he looked so creepy because the story fell pretty much flat for me, otherwise.
Ahhhh. I suspected it was from a game but no clue as to which one.

It's a flick from the 'Masters of Horrors' series.

Good but not really great. Passable for a marathon of horror or a slow Sunday afternoon.

12Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved watching Tales from the Darkside when I was younger but I never really saw any episodes that were scary...kinda cheesy actually.

13Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:I loved watching Tales from the Darkside when I was younger but I never really saw any episodes that were scary...kinda cheesy actually.
You have to keep in mind that I'm a big, sloppy pussy.

14Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
FroZen wrote:I loved watching Tales from the Darkside when I was younger but I never really saw any episodes that were scary...kinda cheesy actually.
You have to keep in mind that I'm a big, sloppy pussy.

Laughing Glad you said it so I didn't have to.

15Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I came to grips with it when I was a child and suffered from night terrors. I can watch just about anything and not get scared, but once it's time to go to bed and the lights are off and I'm alone in my imagination, shit gets spooky.

16Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Don't Read This Thread in the Dark 1853-creepy-faces-walk-thru-fence

17Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:00 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For historical purposes...
http://wizarduniverse.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=23966&hl=true+ghost

18Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:30 am

Dr. Jonathan Crane

Dr. Jonathan Crane
Zombie
Zombie

19Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:41 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good thread

20Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:30 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd seen alot of those videos of ghosts before but the scene with the door opening, the table and chairs moving and the video camera's was kind wild. Damn Youtube player keeps freezing so I'm having a hard time watching the whole thing.

21Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:38 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

22Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:44 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

23Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

24Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:55 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

25Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Empty Re: Don't Read This Thread in the Dark Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:59 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum