Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batgirl

+10
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Kupocat
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
Ben Akers
Esbat
Metal Misfit
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The more I think about it, the more I think you may have a point. I really liked the interaction between Steph and Babs. I think it has a Batman Beyond feel when it comes to Babs mentoring Steph to being Batgirl. I don't mind Stephanie in the role but I think this book would seriously be lacking without Babs in the picture.

52Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

exactly

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

53Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do think Barbara adds to the book, but I'd still buy it if she wasn't around. As much as I love Barbara (and it's a lot) I like Steph a little more.

jaydee74 wrote:I don't mind Steph. I think I like her a bit more because of the mentoring of Barbara. Without Babs, this book would not be as good simply because I don't think Stephanie is strong enough of a character to carry her own book. Having said that, while I like seeing the same villain in the same book over and over and over again, I do like villains that continue the pursuit. Still, I don't need it for EVERY issue because you know we're going to see the Calculator in Birds of Prey when that starts up and soon The Calculator will be showing up in books more than Wolverine and Deadpool combined.

Well, maybe the stuff the Calculator is doing in Batgirl will lead to Babs reforming the Birds of Prey. I don't know.

I guess I'm just used to recurring villains. Take Lex Luthor for example. Does he EVER go away? Even if he isn't in the forefront all the time he's still doing things behind the scenes.

54Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Your going to put Lex Luthor and The Calculator in the same category? Please. Not even in the same zip code. Lex Luthor is not just a Superman villain. He's a DC Universe villain. There is almost nobody he hasn't gone up against or hasn't been a threat to. Not to mention that Lex lives in Metropolis. He's almost a supporting character in the Superman universe in the same way as Perry White or Jimmy Olsen. I'm not saying that The Calculator should only show up to fight Barbara once a year or so but as much as I like the Joker, I don't want to see him in every issue.

55Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not comparing Lex and the Calculator status-wise, I'm just saying that Lex is always around. It doesn't matter if he's more a DC villain than just a Superman villain, he's still around. I gave the Hush example as well. Sometimes you have villains that are just majorly reoccurring. And the Calculator hasn't been in ever issue. He just showed up in this book. BoP ended a year ago. I think it's more than acceptable to have him show up. Also, he could be the Lex to Barbara's Superman. Why can't they try to elevate him to a higher status? As long as it's interesting, I don't care if he's around a lot. If they mix it up and have other villains around as well, it's fine.

There are many instances of villains being around a lot where I've enjoyed it. The Hood has been a huge part of New Avengers for half of the book's run, and I like it. Then you have the Goa'uld in Stargate SG-1. They were the enemy in about 75% of that's show's run. And Apophis was the main Goa'uld for over half of that. Then the Wraith were THE villains for Atlantis. I just don't have a problem with constantly reoccurring villains.

56Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:As long as it's interesting, I don't care if he's around a lot.

That's hittin' it on the head sonny. Problem was, that exceedingly long role he had in BoP wasn't all that interesting. Which is probably why those of us who read it aren't exactly thrilled with seeing him back again.

57Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:As long as it's interesting, I don't care if he's around a lot.

That's hittin' it on the head sonny. Problem was, that exceedingly long role he had in BoP wasn't all that interesting. Which is probably why those of us who read it aren't exactly thrilled with seeing him back again.

Fair enough. I guess it's a good thing I haven't read that stuff yet. I don't know if I even will either. I'm really just interested in the Simone stuff for the last BoP series. Once I finish that I don't know if I'll read on, especially since I don't like a lot of the characters that ended up on the BoP. I like my BoP consisting of Oracle, Black Canary, and Huntress. I like Lady Blackhawk fine as well. I will also say that having Hawk and Dove on the new team excites me, and even though I know they'll never do it, if they put Batgirl (Steph) on the team I'd be thrilled.

58Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am excited about the new BoP series and I love the team. As for Batgirl? It would make sense since their headquarters will be in the Batcave and Batgirl works from there as well. I could see her at the very least in guest-starring roles and I could see a cross-over story every now and again which would be cool.

Speaking of guest stars, I would love to see Batgirl and Misfit team up in the Batgirl book.

59Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ ohhhhh

though, misfit kinda annoys me as well. hahaha

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

60Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #10

As usual, I LOVED this. I think that Miller is doing a great job with Stephanie. I'm loving her more and more.

I also love how Barbara is shown (yet again) kicking ass.

I think the cover to the issue was awesome.

61Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked how they tied back to Final Crisis

62Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:00 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #11

Just like the past 10 issues, I loved it.

I'm really enjoying seeing Stephanie coming into her own as Batgirl.

63Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:54 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batgirl #11

Just like the past 10 issues, I loved it.

I'm really enjoying seeing Stephanie coming into her own as Batgirl.

It was an awesome issue. My favorite part:

Steph: If I could only find some place level to jump -- oooh! An airport!

Man-Bat: 1000100110001100100011!

Steph: I know, right!? Thanks, universe!

64Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That was my favorite part as well.

65Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #12

Just like the past 11 issues, I loved it.

I like Wendy becoming Oracle Jr. Proxy. I still hope to see Barbara a lot in this book. I love the dynamic between her and Steph.

66Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:45 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a feeling that Oracle will still be on in some capacity, simply because well, it's Oracle, her character likes to involve herself. However, I love the idea of Wendy and Stephanie becoming a successful crime-fighting pair together. I think that would be an awesome and healthy dynamic that would bring back and bring in a lot more female readers. Very Happy

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

67Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just listened to a podcast called "From Batgirl to Oracle" where the host of the show did an interview with Brian Q. Miller and he said that while Barbara is still going to be on the book, her stuff over at Birds of Prey may keep her out of the series now and again. He also wanted to make sure that Wendy is seen as more than just "Oracle Light".

68Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I just listened to a podcast called "From Batgirl to Oracle" where the host of the show did an interview with Brian Q. Miller and he said that while Barbara is still going to be on the book, her stuff over at Birds of Prey may keep her out of the series now and again. He also wanted to make sure that Wendy is seen as more than just "Oracle Light".

While they are filling a similar role, I definitely see Wendy more than "Oracle lite". She's a very different character to Barbara.

Did Miller mention how much longer he's going to be on the book? After these 12 issues, I can honestly say I never want him to leave.

--------------

I really hope we see more Damian Wayne in this book. I love how Miller writes him, and his dynamic with Steph.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

69Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He's said that he's got year 2 more or less set up. He wants to bring in Damian again in year 2 but doesn't want to overdo the character. He did say he enjoys writing for Damian. He also said that year 2 was going to make a rogues gallery for Stephanie. He also wants to write the character for as long as DC will allow him to. He enjoys the character and writing the book. Also, he said that he's looking forward to the Valentine's Day issue immensely. Here. Check it out:

http://batgirltooracle.blogspot.com/

It's also on iTunes.

70Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:He's said that he's got year 2 more or less set up. He wants to bring in Damian again in year 2 but doesn't want to overdo the character. He did say he enjoys writing for Damian. He also said that year 2 was going to make a rogues gallery for Stephanie. He also wants to write the character for as long as DC will allow him to. He enjoys the character and writing the book. Also, he said that he's looking forward to the Valentine's Day issue immensely. Here. Check it out:

It's also on iTunes.

Sweet. I hope DC allows him to stay for a LOOOOOOOONG time, and I can't wait to see Steph get a rogue's gallery.

Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to listen to the interview.

71Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:He's said that he's got year 2 more or less set up. He wants to bring in Damian again in year 2 but doesn't want to overdo the character. He did say he enjoys writing for Damian. He also said that year 2 was going to make a rogues gallery for Stephanie. He also wants to write the character for as long as DC will allow him to. He enjoys the character and writing the book. Also, he said that he's looking forward to the Valentine's Day issue immensely. Here. Check it out:

It's also on iTunes.

Sweet. I hope DC allows him to stay for a LOOOOOOOONG time, and I can't wait to see Steph get a rogue's gallery.

Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to listen to the interview.

It's a great podcast and not very long. You can get caught up pretty easily.

72Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #13

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I could not love this book more.

I was a huge fan of Stephanie before this series, but thanks to Bryan Q. Miller she's jumped to one of my top ten favorite DC characters. I hope he never leaves this book.

I really love the interplay between Steph and Detective Gage. I can't wait to find out more about him.

73Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another good issue. Stephanie has taken the role and really made it her own. I can't say with 100% conviction that I have always liked the character but she's grown on me and here we are where Stephanie has her own book as Batgirl and I enjoy it. Who would have thunk it?

74Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #14

I went into this issue expecting not to like it. Despite loving the past 13 issues, I just didn't think I would like it since it had a goofy story and was a one and done. Stand alone issues are always hit or miss with me. I'm typically a bigger fan of larger arcs. Anyway, I ended up LOVING this issue. It was just a fun, silly story.

There were quite a few really funny bits. I loved Supergirl asking if there was a bat on Steph's bra, and then Steph's response.

The Star Trek and Futurama references were cool.

I love the dynamic between Batgirl and Supergirl, and I hope they team up more in the future.

75Batgirl - Page 3 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home - Batgirl #1

I really enjoyed this. It was great seeing Bruce realize that Stephanie has grown. I LOVED that she slapped him. Also, it's interesting that he told Cassandra to give the Batgirl identity to Stephanie. I'm sure we'll be seeing Cassandra soon. I knew Tim was talking with her. I just can't remember if I figured it out from some clue, or if it was pretty much told to us.

I'm not sure how I feel about Dustin Nguyen talking over art duties. I like his art, but I'm not sure if I'll like it here. Also, I've been loving the art we've had on Batgirl, and I don't want it to change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum