Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Warriors

+14
Matt
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
Joshua
Rath99
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Esbat
J Nova
blue halo
Lee
Mnemosis
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #20

I love this series but the art on this issue.....it was ordinary. Really ordinary. In fact, I think often when there's been fill in artists on this book they haven't been very good. Well the bad news is this guy is doing the whole story arc - another 2 issues. Vitti's back for what I imagine is the final story arc. It just shows what a collaborative medium this is that there can be a writer I love and my enjoyment of the work is completely undermined by the art.

Not everyone may feel the same but I was just so disappointed by what I found when I opened this issue. The action scenes were terrible, you couldn't really tell what was going on or who was doing what - just no storytelling ability. Damn. Sad

As far as the story goes, well things are moving along at a rapid pace (or kind of seeing there's been a 6 month jump since the disasters of the last story arc) and you can see it all leading to armageddon. A side of me doesn't want the series to end but another side can't wait to see the finale. And it appears no one will be safe.

102Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:37 pm

tnblue

Cadet
Cadet

The art really turned me off and I'm so confused by YoYo and Daisy's new look. Especially YoYo's. What the heck happened there?

103Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

It would be a shame to see this series turn into a talespin but otherwise it's fully understood with all the astounding work Hickman has put forth in both FF and SHIELD. 3/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

104Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #21

This series isn't going into a tailspin at all. Sure, the art probably is - I was disappointed with it yet again. Vitti was back for half the issue but I thought his work looked rushed. However, the story is still fine and you can see Hickman has been building up to a crescendo with some key moments starting to occur. I continue to have a feeling everything is heading towards tragedy with the events of this issue only the beginning.

I wasn't totally surprised with what Alex did in this issue - I suspect he has wanted to join his father.

105Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

^^ Won't Alex getting offed just activate his full God of Fear powers? If I remember correctly that's what is supposed to happen when his mortal body dies.

Anyway, art was alright, normally it's so much better, but you can certainly feel the end of this series looming in the not too distant future, can't wait to see how this ends.

106Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I just read this comic in 2 minutes. Not kidding. Wtf.

107Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You are too obsessed with the time it takes to read comics. I've never heard anyone talk about it so much! Wink You realise, don't you, that it's a very individual thing? The time it takes one person to read a comic doesn't really indicate much at all.

Not meaning to pick on you but I've heard you mention it a lot. I can see you at home clicking your stopwatch as you open the first page. Laughing

108Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hahaha well I guess it just has to do with how much I'm paying for things that hardly consume my time..for instance the $5 Spider-Man issue probably took 45-60 mins to read with all the stories and I paid $5...I still review comics based on actual content and not the depth of it...but the Secret Warriors issue could've been read waiting in line at the store...

109Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:31 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Powerful issue. Can't believe no one's talking about it! Nick Fury never lost a step. This was the most inconsistent art from Vitti yet, albeit plenty better than the fill-in garb from the last two months. For those seeing the end upon us and wondering when things will HAPPEN--here you go. Bravo, Hickman.

110Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Powerful issue. Can't believe no one's talking about it! Nick Fury never lost a step. This was the most inconsistent art from Vitti yet, albeit plenty better than the fill-in garb from the last two months. For those seeing the end upon us and wondering when things will HAPPEN--here you go. Bravo, Hickman.
this book is perfect. the story is like you said very powerful and the art is nice as well. i really love the way hickman writes nick fury, and the end of the last issue with ares and his son was just great. one of the best books marvel is putting out right now.

111Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Powerful issue. Can't believe no one's talking about it! Nick Fury never lost a step. This was the most inconsistent art from Vitti yet, albeit plenty better than the fill-in garb from the last two months. For those seeing the end upon us and wondering when things will HAPPEN--here you go. Bravo, Hickman.

shiky800 wrote:
this book is perfect. the story is like you said very powerful and the art is nice as well. i really love the way hickman writes nick fury, and the end of the last issue with ares and his son was just great. one of the best books marvel is putting out right now.

I would have been talking LOOSECANNON but I was away.

Totally agree with both you guys. This issue was brilliant. Shiky, I also thought the scene with Ares and Phobos at the end was beautifully done. Quite touching.

I was not surprised Fury let JT die. JT's treachery cost Alexander his life (although you could argue Nick knowing JT had betrayed them and still going ahead with the plan probably didn't help) and I think Nick had to make him pay. In his eyes he probably thought Daisy will get over it - her finding out JT is a traitor may not be something she'd get over - at least now she doesn't have to know that also.

Druid's back next issue! I've suspected all along he's been on a secret mission for Nick so we'll see if that's the case.

112Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Another good one!

113Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Another good one!

Sure was! The first 3 books I read this week were all Hickman books. I love this guy!

These last few issues have been awesome which I think coincided with Vitti's return on the art. I loved how Druid and Garrett have been operating in the background all along (as I suspected - loved that line "There is no out") even being responsible for that assassination we saw a few issues back that really sparked off all the current conflict between Hydra and Leviathan.

I think this ride towards the end of this book is going to be pretty bumpy.

114Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

God, I love this series, and this past issue is a perfect reason why I love it. I wish this book would keep going forever instead of ending soon. This has to be my favorite Marvel book, hands down. Are there any plans of including the characters in "Fear Itself"?

115Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Any discussion for this week's issue of SW? (24)

116Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Any discussion for this week's issue of SW? (24)

Same as Amazing...I'm backed up on books. Sad

117Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

I'm slowly starting to get through mine - too much came out in 1 week.

Secret Warriors #24

Damn you, Hickman!

Our main team of Caterpillars are just about defunct so what does Hickman do? Virtually creates a new comic from the beginning. It felt like issue #1 and I'm thinking I really like some of these characters. Not all of them, but with some of them I'm thinking "yeah, I'm keen to follow the adventures of these guys" - this is going to be good. Oh and I particularly enjoyed the link to SHIELD with the guy and his Galileo device he built!

Anyway, I'm all fired up for following a new team and then all of a sudden...... surprised surprised surprised yikes What? Noooooooo!

And just like that, they're gone. Damn you, Hickman!

Great issue! Harsh but very good. And special mention to David Marquez filling in on the art - I liked it.

118Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Secret Warriors #24

Really good issue, one that I think will read a lot better in a trade format. I had to go back into the past issues to remember what the powers of this particular team was. I really want to see how the next issue goes, considering the end of this particular issue. This is the one series that I am going to miss...a lot. Such good writing, loved every second of it, and this issue.

119Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:49 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I'm slowly starting to get through mine - too much came out in 1 week.

Secret Warriors #24

Damn you, Hickman!

Our main team of Caterpillars are just about defunct so what does Hickman do? Virtually creates a new comic from the beginning. It felt like issue #1 and I'm thinking I really like some of these characters. Not all of them, but with some of them I'm thinking "yeah, I'm keen to follow the adventures of these guys" - this is going to be good. Oh and I particularly enjoyed the link to SHIELD with the guy and his Galileo device he built!

Anyway, I'm all fired up for following a new team and then all of a sudden...... surprised surprised surprised yikes What? Noooooooo!

And just like that, they're gone. Damn you, Hickman!

Great issue! Harsh but very good. And special mention to David Marquez filling in on the art - I liked it.

Okay I'm fully caught up... neutral HOLY CRAP!! I have so much to say but I think that pretty much sums it up. Mikel's team seemed so damn cool, then BAM. Shocking and very well done. It's ALL coming together...the link to S.H.I.E.L.D. had me giddy. This is why Hickman is my favorite comic writer in the biz right now. This series is entering it's endgame and I can't wait to see what's in store.

Minor gripe: Why the heck did they randomly change Daisy and Yo-Yo's hair so drastically? I'm guessing to indicate that a good bit of time has passed, but they had such distinct looks before that now they almost seem like different characters...

120Secret Warriors - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #25 preview!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7911&disp=table

blink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum: