Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Necrosha

+13
Esbat
comicgeekelly
Mnemosis
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Metal Misfit
Bigtymin504
Fresh03
shiky800
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Ska
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:What are you talking about? No one inks or colors Crain's art, it's all his.

X-Force #20-21 continued the "meh" streak for me and this storyline accompanied by Crain's art just made it worse. The one-shot was just horrible. Liked the art on the Cipher story, but that's it.

Really, or are you jerking me (made to sound dirty on purpose)? Laughing

27X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:53 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Like I have said in the past, I have really low standards for my comics (Except for Spidey OMD. Just couldn't read it. The first issues were so uninteresting, even I couldn't get into it) . But so far I happen to like the content of the cross over. Granted, I don't read a single DC comic so I am not able to see the similarities between Blackest Night and Necroshia. I prefer my heroes slicing, dicing and killing.

28X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Really, or are you jerking me (made to sound dirty on purpose)? Laughing
shake my head

X-Necrosha - Page 2 Sutherland

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

29X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

BTW, don't know if anyone have mentioned this, but in the Cipher story he encrypts the X-Men computer security code and among the gibberish appears "THX-1138", the classic George Lucas film and - as far as I know - the base to Rob's (a.k.a. rwe1138) username.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

30X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:31 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Force #22

While I'm glad this isn't as mediocre as Messiah War was, I can't help but wonder why the inconsistencies continue here. Most of the blame has to be aimed at Clayton Crain. He's a love or hate artist (mainly hate these days it seems) so it's no surprise he's at the center of the controversy surrounding Necrosha. In the one-shot, it was his art that excelled in depicting Selene's evil sorcery and the cryptic imagery of these once-dead villains/heroes. The whole horror theme matched Crain's vary dark, clay-molded characters and environs. In this issue, the backgrounds are empty, the characters are undistinguishable, and much of the panels, are simply rushed.

If you were a big fan of Kyle & Yost's previous New X-Men run, or currently follow the New Mutants series, the Necrosha crossover is the place to be. For all those who loved X-Force before the Messiah War, let's pray this event doesn't go the way of sheer nothingness.

2.5/5 - Too many highs and lows. Hard to follow if you don't know the history of Selene's henchmen and some of the D-list undead.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

31X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can we please get a scene where somebody actually has a light turned on in X-Force?

32X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #22

Solid issue. Selene's starting to build her army and finally were gonna see the inner circle take on the X-Men. Btw that was a real bitch move by Blink to rat out Eli Bard like that lol. Also very surprising to see Hela make an appearance...

comicgeekelly wrote:Can we please get a scene where somebody actually has a light turned on in X-Force?
Laughing

33X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:36 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This made me sigh.... this might be way too influenced by BN, too bad it's not as interesting though.

X-Necrosha - Page 2 143_X_FORCE_25

34X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #231

This was probably one of the better issues of Necrosha so far. I loved that mini team that went to Muir Island: Nightcrawler, Rogue, Magneto, Colossus, and Psylocke...that's a badass team. Plus the sexual tension between Rogue and Magneto was funny, I hope they expand on that more. Then of course anything to do with Blindfold and Destiny is just creepy and weird, but that last page reveal was very surprising...

35X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:21 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I for one have been excited about Necrosha and thouroughly enjoying it. Tomer asked about the build up and I was wrong this has been in design much longer than three years. The fall of Sebastian shaw, Dani Moonstar going to Hela to get her valkyrie powers, (which was good to see a nod too as well), this is all going to tie into Seige as well at some point I'm sure. This is anything but a BN rip off. The build up with Bastion reanimating the dead and Selene stepping up and stealing the technology to assend to her asperations was put into play a long time ago. Johns set up blackest night before the Sinestro war, Alonso and co have been designing the scope of the X-men and the X-characters since Avengers Disassembled. The fact that these dark turns seemed to happen at the same time is coensidental. Everybody new that Blackest night was going to happen at some point. If Necrosha would have came out first would people be calling BN a Necrosha rip off? Probably. But these are two entirely different stories and I enjoy the books for different reasons. I actually think Marvel did a much better job weaving together this web over the last 10 or so years, than DC did creating new lantern corpses to hurry up blackest night. Realy if they had fleshed out the other lantern corpse more for a year or two befor doing blackest night, then that story would have been better.

Necrosha and Seige going on at the same time and Fall of the Hulks as well is going to leed up to another big blockbuster event, but I think also get most books in-line with one another at some point for that mega event. I just hope we get to see more of Deadpool with X-force and have some good times when second coming happens after this arc. X-factor has to get dragged in at some point as well. Who cares really that the invisible woman is missing? I'd rather see the agency tackle some of their dead enemies.

36X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Can we please get a scene where somebody actually has a light turned on in X-Force?

I have to agree. I used to dig Crain's art but as of late, it's wearing on me. At times, I can't tell who some of the resurrected people are without looking at the labels, something I'm sure would not be a problem if Choi or someone was drawing. The art is clean and yet murky. It confuses me. scratch

37X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Men Legacy #231

I loved this! What a great surprise. Much like this week's outstanding Avengers Initiative, I've never picked up an issue of Legacy. I think Carey did a tremendous job at capturing the many voices of the X-Men. I think we have our new Uncanny writer right here! We all know Fraction's been flawed writing their staple title, so like Gillen on Thor, why not give a relative-unknown a shot at taking on Uncanny?

Just a thought.

So far Necrosha's been pretty timid for me, but seeing the struggles these characters, along with the many relationships and interactions dealing with the undead, made Legacy #231 all the way memorable. Plus, a great ending. Now, I'm very interested in 2 characters I never really heard of before, Destiny and Blindfold.

I'm on board.

4/5 Bags&Boards - A shocker for me. What a gift.

38X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

is it bad that i will be probably waiting to pick these titles up.... i am excited reading about whats going on, not too big on surprises and i like reading a whole arc these days instead of just trying to catch up.....

with that being said, if this has truly been in the works for 10 years +.... I am glad I didnt miss anything then. (stopped collecting when I was 14 and picked it up again last year at the ripe old age of 23)

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

39X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:

with that being said, if this has truly been in the works for 10 years +.... I am glad I didnt miss anything then. (stopped collecting when I was 14 and picked it up again last year at the ripe old age of 23)

That is just it. If you haven't been reading for the last 10 years you are actually going to feel like you missed a lot. Not just from the X-books but from the entire marvel universe.

Is the story still going to be awesome for you? Yep. Will it make you want more? Probably. Will you miss some of the easter eggs that have been planted and nurtured for years? Yeah unless you've been up to date on them over the years through wikipedia or other spoilers.

If you have questions don't be affraid to ask. There are a lot of awesome characters and awesome things going on I don't think it is possible to loose interest. I've stuck with them for 22 years now and have seen so much pay off for many stories over the years, it feels like a reward sometimes for loyalty.

40X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Legacy #231

Not horrible. I didn't love it, but I thought it was decent. I LOVED the art. I thought Nightcrawler looked bad ass.

I posted this in the X-Force thread, but I'll post it here too:
X-Force #21 and #22

Meh. I just don't care for this story. It's boring me. Plus, it is so similar to Blackest Night. I know it's not exactly the same, but it is very close and Blackest Night is a billion times better.

The art here is also really hurting my enjoyment of the story. I just hate Clayton Crain's art. It's hard to follow and just plain ugly. Everyone has creepy perma-smiles. It's like a creepy Crest commercial. And like I said, it's hard to follow. I can't tell what is going on. It's dark and muddy.

41X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Men Legacy #232

What was a surpise for me, is a surprise no longer. I'm now convinced Marvel should do with the X-Men books (after Second Coming) with what they do on Amazing Spider-Man, and gather multiple--and good--writers for the job. Yes, THE job: Uncanny X-Men. Carey certainly deserves that role, and I can't think of too many who do more. As for this book, it's basically carrying X-Necrosha, which seemed like a good idea at first...okay...maybe it didn't with Blackest Night looming from the other company. Still, it seemed cool enough to follow and now these little side-stories with Legacy seem like the only title worth the label. Selena isn't even really present. What we get is a humongous fight between Magneto's new group of X-Men (sorry Rogue, just feels that way) against Proteus, sporting Blindfold's body (ohh wee) and some bad-ass new powers. Again, the art is excellent. Legacy doesn't carry the horror of Crane's zombie-infested clamations, but it certainly gets the job done.

3.5 Bags&Boards - If it was a tad more than one huge brawl/set-up, I'd give it a 4. Still, it's easily the spark in an otherwise bleak crossover.

42X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Both Necrosha book were really good this week.

It's still way to dark in X-Force.

43X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #23

This issue was way too all over the place. I think its mostly because of the art. I usually like Crain, but I dunno what it is cuz this issue's art was really bad. Its like he was super rushed. There were some parts with Selene that were solid, but the action scenes were hard to make out what was happening. I did like the part with Wolfsbane, the Wolf Prince, Hela, and Elixer though.

44X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Legacy 232,

This is why I read the X-Men. Because they have the some of the best writers that know their continuity and they take things full circle. I'm glad that Selene didn't raise Proteus on purpose. It is nice to see some sort of residual effect of her medling. I think that we will see some interesting stuff when her phalanx hybrid-undead reborn encounter proteus, especially with his aversion to metal. I'm excited to see how it will work out. I do have to disagree with this fealing like Magneto's Team. I think he has been trying ton to be leader of anything on purppose.

X-force #23

Finally, Elixer is back. It was good to see Hela get played. Choosing the healer was definately the best choice, though a little predictable. I don't want to know what the final ramifications of this action will be, but I'm sure we will find out some day.

45X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #23

I thought this issue absolutely SUCKED. Crane's art is horrible. Like I've said before, it looks like creepy claymation, and it is WAY to dark and muddy to see what is going on. I couldn't tell who characters were or what was going on. Hell, I didn't know that that was Mercury until she was called Cessily. There are tons of characters I still can't identify.

As for the writing, this issue was boring, and it seemed like it was just a bunch of people yelling names. Honestly, go back and look, there are TONS of instances of characters yelling each others names. UGH!

X-Men Legacy #323

I liked this. I wouldn't mind if the team here becomes the regular Legacy team.

The art was fantastic. I absolutely LOVED it. Nightcrawler has never looked so awesome.

46X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:03 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Force #23

Forgettable.

1.5/5

47X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Force #24

X-Force fans, don't go anywhere. The last two issues were so bad I had to jump on X-Men Legacy to give me some sense of fulfillment with this mini-event. Thankfully, Kyle and Yost--and even better, Crane--return to the high level that originally made X-Force one of my favorite books. If you can overlook the concept for a moment, this issue is rich with both character and plot development. I never thought I would say that about a mere undead "hack-and-slash" but there's lots to like here.

No longer do we have Rahne weeping in sorrow, becoming of nothing but a plot annoyance. She seems new and improved, leading the charge into Necrosha in saving James. But they don't do it the obvious way; in fact, they don't do it at all. It's highly pleasing to see who does. There's a lot of good character work here on the villain side, especially Eliphus Bard. His unwinding confession to Selene and her reaction that follows is another highlight.

Lately, I've been giving Crayton Crane bloody hell. This time, his art is more clear, albeit rushed, yet still deserves credit for emulating an apocalypse. It's quite a site to behold. Also, there were very few panels this time out that weren't very clear, with one coming to mind as Rahne shouts of "Josh!" At least I think it's Rahne. Still, there aren't too many artists who can emulate such mystic landscapes. Crane's "clay-mation" has always fit the storyline quite well so it's good to see it deliver full-throttle.

If you've dropped the book, or haven't been following the crossover do its neverending comparisons, you might want to reconsider with only one issue left to go. X-Necrosha's penultimate ish does enough to seperate itself from Blackest Night, at least in mere terms of direction, thus offering more than "no-name" X-affiliates or villains returning from the dead. X-Force hasn't been this good in some time; let's hope it keeps slashing critics through Second Coming.

4/5 Bags&Boards - Definite shocker this week

48X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #24

Once again, I didn't care for this. It was kinda boring.

I am NOT a fan of Clayton Crain's art at all. While it wasn't quite as hard to make things out this issue, it still wasn't easy, and the claymation style irritates me. I think it's better suited for covers, not interiors.

The Vanisher stuff was the only thing I liked.

49X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Legacy #233

Satisfying conclusion. Again, this issue is a drawn out, issue-long fight between the Proteus-controlled X-Men (Blindfold, etc.) against the others not affected (Rogue, Magneto). I wonder if sparks will fly between those two again.

I'm glad I picked this arc up, as it certainly gave X-Necrosha a boost with paranoid classic X-players and the impending fear of Proteus. Now, with Second Coming after the next issue, I might just stick around for a while.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Lots to like here in this tie-in finale.

50X-Necrosha - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Necrosha Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #24

Yeah definitely a huge improvement over #23. We're finally getting into the nitty gritty of story with Selene and Genosha. I really liked the parts with Warpath and his brother. Plus it looks like Vanisher might have a conscience in there lol, I feel bad for the poor guy. The art was actually better too, the style fits the darkness of Genosha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum