Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help Me Remember These Game!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Help Me Remember These Game! Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thought I'd create a thread for those gamers that forget the game they've played from long ago. Especially NES, Super Nintendo, and Sega.
Atari may be too far back. :P Sorta kidding.

Anyways, I have two games on my mind and they were both platformers.

1st one: It was a game that came out around or a little after the TMNT and Battletoads craze on the Nintendo. It had anthroporphic bunnies that were like cyborg and stuff. There may have been other anthroporphic animals, but majority were rabbits, I believe. One was purple, I think. One is green. I'm almost positive this is a gif of one of the characters, but it didn't give a game.
Help Me Remember These Game! Bucky Yes, this gif hit me with nostalgia. I just cannot for the life of me remember that game. You could choose any character you wanted and they each had their own special weapon. Also, each one was a "life". Like if you, say, lost the green bunny guy above, you couldn't use him again until you got a revitalizing thingy.

2nd one: And the toughest because this'll be kind of vague. The main character was a knight. The very first level was you climbing up this mountain and eventually reaching solid clouds. The boss was a cloud/wind creature. Zephyr or something. I only remember the first level. Remember, it was a platformer too. A side-scroller, but the first level was hopping to reach the top and fight the Zephyr thing. You'd slash chest to open them. And, like Ghouls N'Ghosts, you can stuff, including old swords, I believe. Can't remember. Pretty sure it wasn't one of the Ghouls N'Ghosts games.

(Again, feel free to post your own. But please help me! Crying or Very sad )

2Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Not sure about the 2nd game, but the first is Bucky O'Hare, based on the comic/cartoon.

Help Me Remember These Game! 220839-bucky_o_hare_large

It was released on the NES and for arcades. I haven't played the NES version, but the arcade game is a pretty entertaining side-scrolling beat'em up. You could play as Bucky O'Hare (rabbit), Jenny (cat), Dead-Eye Duck (duck, obviously), or Blinky (robot).

What system was the 2nd game on? Year?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ohh that sounds vaguely familliar that 2nd game

4Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:41 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rygar, maybe?

Help Me Remember These Game! Rygar-nes

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

5Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:59 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it is rygar

6Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The second description made me think about this game I used to play on Sega Mega Drive (I think), a Japanese game starring a warrior fighting and going through clouds and beautiful locations. The story was very fantastical and oe of the level bosses was a giant tiger-like creatures.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:14 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:Not sure about the 2nd game, but the first is Bucky O'Hare, based on the comic/cartoon.

Help Me Remember These Game! 220839-bucky_o_hare_large

It was released on the NES and for arcades. I haven't played the NES version, but the arcade game is a pretty entertaining side-scrolling beat'em up. You could play as Bucky O'Hare (rabbit), Jenny (cat), Dead-Eye Duck (duck, obviously), or Blinky (robot).

What system was the 2nd game on? Year?
Sorry guys. I forgot all about making this thread. tongue
Thank you so much, Metal Misfit. I loved that game. happy

The second game was for NES. I remember the knight was very gangly or something. It was Medieval. He was very much alive. Hmm...

8Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:28 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NO SHIT!!! I FOUND IT! SOMEHOW!!

It was called Wizards and Warriors II: Iron Sword! I'm so happy! I remember it was the 2nd one because of the better graphics.
Help Me Remember These Game! Wnw
Oh, god it's all flooding back.
Help Me Remember These Game! NES-IR-USA-C I remember to get this golden diamond thing, you needed wing-boots or some hover ability.

I also remember it was the only one to have a real person on the cover.
Help Me Remember These Game! Iron_Sword
Yes...that's Fabio. Laughing I remember thinking as a kid that it was another Mega Man type of mistake with the cover art. The Fab is dressed in barbarian-esque clothing, but in the game you're a fully armored knight. Rolling Eyes

Heh..ooww, man. They need to rerelease all three of them in a collection of some sort. Really good times. Our childhoods, you know?! happy

9Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:17 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kuros from Wizards and Warriors was actually featured in a cartoon called the Power Team. He teamed with Kwirk, Max Force from Narc, Tyrone from Arch Rivals, and Bigfoot.

Help Me Remember These Game! Vidpower1d

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

10Help Me Remember These Game! Empty Re: Help Me Remember These Game! Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Kuros from Wizards and Warriors was actually featured in a cartoon called the Power Team. He teamed with Kwirk, Max Force from Narc, Tyrone from Arch Rivals, and Bigfoot.

Help Me Remember These Game! Vidpower1d
Holy crap, I remember this.
Help Me Remember These Game! 1856And they dressed Kuros in a barbarian way. Rolling Eyes
This came out during Captain N: The Game Master.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum