Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

30 Seconds To Mars

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

130 Seconds To Mars Empty 30 Seconds To Mars Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:35 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The latest studio album, titled This is War, comes out December 8th.

It is produced by Flood (U2, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails), Steve Lillywhite (The Rolling Stones, U2) and the band itself.

The CD will have 2000 different album covers featuring individual photos of fans from around the world. Started Thursday, September 11 at 12pm PDT, fans were able to submit photos to be used, and the first 2000 photos to be uploaded that followed the proper specifications will become album covers.

The first single is "Kings and Queens", and the album features guest artists such as Kanye West, The Killers' Brandon Flowers, and a group of Tibetan monks.

30 Seconds To Mars 30SecondsToMars_Logo

230 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Grrr...I've got to pick up their first two soon! Until than, I'll get the folders ready on my Zune. I've heard all of their singles and I'd like to hear what they sound like with Kanye West definitely-they're a good band. Thanks for the news, TA! Here's more info on on Kanye and them and the cover for you and everyone else.

Wikipedia-

During May, 2009, Kanye West posted a photo of himself, Brandon Flowers (the frontman of The Killers) and Jared Leto together and announced that the trio were working together on a song named "Hurricane".

Jared said that he "...had actually brought up [the idea of working with West] some time ago, but it's pretty unbelievable that it actually happened," and went on to say that "He came by here, he was here in the studio, and we did some initial kind of listening, and he did some singing, and we knew we needed to kind of follow up and finish things, so I went over to Hawaii with an engineer and a small crew, and we had a great time."

Album Cover-

30 Seconds To Mars 200px-30STM_%E2%80%94_This_Is_War

330 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Not that I wasn't already planning to pick it up, but having Kanye West and Brandon Flowers guest on the album makes me even more stoked to get it.

430 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I'll be picking up the CD, but I do like the first single that they released.

530 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I tolerate one or two songs either by or featuring Kanye, but I can't see him fitting into their style of music.

I trust Jared to deliver quality songs, but that makes me nervous. unsure

630 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hurricane featuring Kanye West Short Leak-

730 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:24 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Happy Birthday. Wink

830 Seconds To Mars Empty Re: 30 Seconds To Mars Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:08 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Neither of those worked.

Bought the CD this morning.

I only managed to listen to the first 6 tracks on the way to work, but they are amazing (as expected).

And, "Hurricane"? I don't know how Kanye was involved, but I couldn't tell he had any part in it, and that made me happy. Even when I've liked him in songs, if he'd been the same way in this one, it would've completely changed their sound, which would've ruined it for me.

The picture I picked was the only one that looked professionally done. All the others looked too much like personal digital cameras, and some of the people should've Photoshopped theirs before submitting them. I know I would've. I'm no Brad Pitt, but...yikes. The girl on the one I got was very unique-looking, in an oddly cute sort of way. I was mainly looking for a picture that I wouldn't dislike looking at, not of someone I wouldn't mind dating.

Rolling Eyes

Her picture comes out, though, and there's a "generic" cover to it:

30 Seconds To Mars This-is-war

Which is still awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum