Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shel Dorf founder of the San Diego Comic-Con International has passed away

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

Not sure if this is the right area. But I figure since this is the area for conventions and he founded one of the biggest it would go here.

Here is an atricle about it.

"SAN DIEGO — Sheldon Dorf, who founded the world famous Comic-Con International comic book convention, has died. He was 76.

A longtime friend, Greg Koudoulian, says the Ocean Beach resident died at a San Diego hospital on Tuesday from kidney failure. He had diabetes and had been hospitalized for about a year.

Dorf, a freelance artist and comic strip letterer, founded Comic-Con in San Diego in 1970 after moving from Detroit.

Today, the convention draws 125,000 fans a year and is a major gathering for comic book fans, artists, writers and movie stars.

Koudoulian says Dorf was friends with comic greats such as Marvel artist Jack Kirby and "Peanuts" creator Charles Schulz. He says Dorf was also instrumental in helping budding artists find audiences."
(taken from The AP)

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sorry to hear about this

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Like I posted in another forum, my thoughts go to his family during this time. Hopefully this doesn't delay SDCC from straightening out my ticket snafoo Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum