Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

40 Years of 'Sesame Street'

+9
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
Esbat
Debaser77
potatojoe
shining knight
Batman25JM
superdoug
Administrator
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

140 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Sesamestreet

I'm surprised Google didn't change its logo yet (Google Israel changed its logo to a rotating 'Sesame Street' last week), but anyway tomorrow is the anniversary of the children show many of us loved at some point.

This is what I grew up on:

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

240 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I LOVED Sesame Street. I'm just one year older than the show. Many, many funny bits to be had:

Also great shorts:

Last edited by superdoug on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

340 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, 40 years. I LOVED Sesame Street as a kid. I still love the theme song.

440 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

540 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

640 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:21 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

740 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

840 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:45 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess my choices have illustrated my age. Laughing But you should check some of that stuff out. It's stuff that I still walk around humming or singing.

940 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I grew up with it shame its not shown here anymore

loved the count

1040 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:22 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This one scared the shit out of me as a kid.

1140 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I remember ALL of these clips. My kids love the show nowadays, but it's basically The Elmo and Zoe Show. I miss old Sesame Street...I bought some DVD's of some of the classic episodes to show the kids how great it used to be.

1240 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seasame Street was okay, I only looked forward to Cookie Monster and Oscar and possibly some of the other weird Puppets like the Letters and the two headed monster. Most of the time I'd just zone out during shows until a good puppet showed up.

http://realityfugitives.com/

1340 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow I'm the exact same vintage as the show. I grew up with it too. I think Grover was always a favourite (or Super Grover). My mum always brings up that I also used to like Bert and Yernie (apparently that's how I said it).

1440 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

My friend somehow has this as a ringtone (but with the number 7). A wave of jealousy consumes me whenever someone calls him. hmm

and the greatest power in human history (suck it Forbush Man!):

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' 1253629514297

1540 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The reason to my name... yes, a lifetime of jokes on me.

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' 11871710

But I lived with it damnit!

1640 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:59 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I'm older than Sesame Street affraid I remember when Bert and Ernie were roommates and the show featured Grover, Cookie Monster, Oscar and The Count bow With a 4 month old, I'm sure my son will have his own memories soon enough.

1740 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ I remember that too because the original Israeli version was filmed in the early-mid '80s and used many of the muppets cut-scenes with Hebrew dub. To me Ernie and Bert (Arik and Bentz, as they're known here) were always roommates, Grover (Kruvi; sounds like cabbage) was stupidly funny and the Cookie Monster interrupted everyone for another shot of carbs and sugar.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

1840 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
I'm surprised Google didn't change its logo yet (Google Israel changed its logo to a rotating 'Sesame Street' last week), but anyway tomorrow is the anniversary of the children show many of us loved at some point.
Is now.

It's weird, I never thought how old this show is being that it has this timeless feel.

1940 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*Sigh* I love Sesame Street...it's an all-time classic. I have these hats and a few more.

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Sesamestxbio6

"Oscar, your just so mean-isn't he kids?" "Yeah, Oscar! You're a GROUCH!" "B-TCH, I live in a f-cking trashcan! I'm the poorest mother-f-cker n Sesame Street...and nobody's helping me."

I love this joke because it's true...-

2040 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:04 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Epic...I'll be getting the 40th anniversary book-I'm happy it's at a good price.

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Sesame_street_ensemble-hp

40 Years of 'Sesame Street' 6E18COMBO

Also, Big Bird on Jimmey Kimmel Live!-

I'm a surprised because of those uncensored videos they made.

2140 Years of 'Sesame Street' Empty Re: 40 Years of 'Sesame Street' Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I LOVE that Chappelle bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum