Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agents of Atlas

+3
Joshua
Bigtymin504
Administrator
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Agents of Atlas - Page 2 Empty Re: Agents of Atlas Thu May 27, 2010 2:55 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Atlas #1

There's a dichotomy going on here. If you're A.) An A.O.A. fan since its inception, you're gonna love this issue; you already know ALL about the Agents, therefore a story about the new and much improved Triathalon--now called 3-D Man--is what you want, or B.) Someone new who's heard about Parker's run through word of mouth and upon reading this issue see that the Agents are nowhere to be in sight.

Of coure I'm of the former, and while I completely agree that a #1 issue should have contained more of Atlas' involvement--perhaps this should have been a 3-D Man one-shot--I still find the issue fantastic. I thought Triathalon was the butt of all Avengers jokes during Busiek's epic Assembled run. To make this guy whose only redeeming value was that of being a Skull Kill Crew member--eek--appealing is saying something. Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of Hardman's artwork during the Avengers vs. Atlas mini but he turns it up a notch here. In fact, a lot of the artwork contained that grainy realism we see on titles such as Captain America or Daredevil (Epting, Ross?). This could be a good turn for the series.

4/5

I finally got and really enjoyed it i hope it lasts and and i'm so picking up the Monkeyman mini

Last edited by kidspider2099 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause i'm a dim bulb.)

27Agents of Atlas - Page 2 Empty Re: Agents of Atlas Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:35 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Atlas #2

Back-tracks a bit to explain Atlas to new readers and the origin of 3D Man and how it all fits within the Atlas initiative. If you've been following Agents of Atlas since its inception, such as yours truly, this issue doesn't do much more than make the former Triathalon a much more likable character. His scenes with Ken Hale are priceless, especially against those Stone Giants. I absolutely loved the art in this issue, though I wasn't a huge fan of the seemingly rushed back-up story. As long as this issue was a step-back from the fire-powered third volume debut, I'll continue to look forward to this title.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

28Agents of Atlas - Page 2 Empty Re: Agents of Atlas Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well, it's over...I'm sure we'll see their appearance in Thunderbolts, as it's customary to see Parker's Atlas group in anything else he writes--perhaps even in Hulk, though the Avengers might have something to say about that...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2