Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Unwritten

+7
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Debaser77
Kelson
shining knight
AlienIncognito
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

><

have fun with that?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

27The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:37 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, I will. People in my cell will be like, "What'd you do?" And I'll say, "I technically sexually assaulted a comicbook writer." yes

28The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hahahahahaha

love it

29The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:57 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

More goodness in issue #11. This is such a great book (in fact I'm loving so many of the Vertigo books at the moment) and I'm thoroughly enjoying the mystery of the book. Little pieces are being handed to us but not a lot and we got a little bit of an indication that Tommy may be capable of quite a lot more than we've seen already.

I think it really comes across that the writer and artist are enjoying this book and I found the story behind this issue to be fascinating and really appreciate this aspect of the series.

30The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is my favorite book on the shelves right now.

31The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just keeps getting better and better.

32The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read issue #12...anybody else?

33The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Best-Shots-Comic-Reviews-100419.html

Reviewed #12.

34The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I thought #12 was brilliant. Bloody hilarious with a perfect choice for artist for this special issue. Mr Bun is the most foul mouthed rabbit you could meet and just about everything he came out with in this issue had me cracking up. He is one angry bunny rabbit. Anyway I thought this was one of the funniest and yet somewhat dark issues of any comic I've read in a while.

And the best thing about this issue is that while it seems like a diversion from the main story it actually gives us a significant taste of the kind of power we're dealing with in The Unwritten. Pauly Brucknor (Mr Bun) has actually been imprisoned in what is obviously a Winnie-the-Pooh style story (complete with Christopher Robin type character) by Tom Taylor's father. This is seriously one of the best books out there. I'm absolutely loving it. Every single issue is enjoyable.

35The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As a huge lit nerd, I am madly in love with this book. Also, Peter Gross was at C2E2 and he drew Lizzie Hexam's head in my sketchbook. He took his time, and it looks so cute. And he had his original panels from Unwritten (issue 11 and a few others) there. I love his artwork, and his inking is *brilliant.*

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

36The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:11 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Unwritten - Page 2 Unwrit10

Something Mike sent me a while back. I had a big nerd out moment when I read inside that I was blurbed about the book. Made my day.

37The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri May 14, 2010 8:58 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We finally learn, or at least it's hinted what the unwritten are in this latest issue. Anybody else read it?

38The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Mon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

getting it this week

due to the oddway I get paid I gt my comics every two weeks

39The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Sat May 22, 2010 2:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I love this book so much I may actually have to ask it to marry me. It seems like the right thing to do.

Issue #13 continued to provide the excellence I've come to expect and, in fact, actually featured a few revelations. There's a lot of mystery to this book but I don't feel Carey pushes the limits as he regularly reveals more of the layers of this world. We find out more about Lizzie, Savoy and even Tommy's mother.

I can't wait for the book launch because I think everything's going to go nuts there.

40The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Sat May 22, 2010 8:19 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I'm expecting some majorly good stuff there.

41The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Sat May 22, 2010 11:18 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bloody good

I'm definatly keeping this one on as I look through my list for cuts

42The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #15

Carey sure is making us wait for this book launch but I can handle it because there's so much happening in such a short period of time (in the comic's timeline that is).

Wilson Taylor finally turns up and gets a well earned right cross from Tom! Loved it.

You can really tell the creators are having fun with this which I think means we, the readers, reap the benefits.

43The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love you

44The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still haven't got my copy the comic shop screwed up

45The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay issue #16 was just brilliant. Seriously damn good. I loved it and it was told at a pace where you virtually had to stop and catch your breath at times. I found myself going back and re-reading dialogue to just get my head around the stuff that was being revealed.

Carey is doing such a great job here - there's a huge mystery and yet I feel every issue there are bits and pieces revealed so that it's not frustrating me. I think the pace is perfect, even though we're up to issue #16 and we probably still don't know a huge amount about what's going on, it doesn't seem to drag at all.

46The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

God this is so good!

47The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:13 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/09/17/mike-carey-talks-the-unwritten-and-what-lies-ahead/

I interviewed Carey.

48The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #17

This issue was......fantastic!!!! A choose-your-own adventure issue - I just thought it was great fun. Like I keep saying with this series, Carey has a huge amount of mystery going on but it never feels like he's holding information back and he's revealing the mystery at a perfect pace (I sometimes feel with other writers that the mystery is so deliberately held back the story doesn't flow well). This issue was no exception with us getting to learn about Lizzie's past.

Poor, poor Lizzie/Jane. What an absolutely horrible life she's had so far.

By the end of this issue it really does feel like we're about to take the next steps on a new stage of this journey.

This is pretty much my favourite non super-hero book at the moment.

49The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

G_Zatara wrote:http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/09/17/mike-carey-talks-the-unwritten-and-what-lies-ahead/

I interviewed Carey.

Great interview! (And props to Carey for making a Schroedinger's cat reference without actually mentioning Schroedinger.)

The Lizzie origin issue single-handedly convinced me to plug the series as part of the "Read This Too!" blog event, even though I'd already picked another book. So I ended up doing two...

http://speedforce.org/

50The Unwritten - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unwritten Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum