Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He's goofy-looking in Twilight; I blame the hair. He's pretty damn handsome in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

52The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You fuck the cherry pie, because I imagine it would be the closest to an actual sin slot. You marry the banana bread, because that's just a lovely smell to keep around. You kill the doughnut because to kill it, you eat it, and doughnuts are delicious.

53The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Joshua wrote:You fuck the cherry pie, because I imagine it would be the closest to an actual sin slot.

And it puts a smile on your face ten miles wide.

54The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Lee wrote:
And Pattinson? I don't see the big deal. Maybe my heterosexuality has something to do with it, but I think he's goofy lookin'.

That's what I've been saying since the previews of Twilight came out. Dude's flat-out ugly.

55The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:He's goofy-looking in Twilight; I blame the hair. He's pretty damn handsome in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Is he the kid that dies? I didn't realize they were the same dude.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

56The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

A Danny Boyle Batman movie would be pretty damn phenomenal I think.

57The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

To throw my two-cents into the Batman talk, you don't even need a popular Batman rogue. Based on the ending of TDK you could make the conflict between Batman and the city; he's on the run from the police, some people think he killed Dent, a small group still believes in him, and the entire time he is trying to fight the mob.

Personally, I think this could work as well as a known rogue, if not better. However, if we have to have an established villain, I'd say either Killer Croc or Black Mask. Both are easy to adapt into Nolan's universe without changing the character too much. Obviously, I'm thinking more circus freak Croc from TAS, rather than dinosaur from current comics. As for the public not knowing who they are, that's a weak argument. I highly doubt the public was familiar with Ra's Al Ghul, the Scarecrow, or Falcone. The best way to get the public familiar with these characters is to throw them in a movie.

Nolan has already stated he won't use Penguin or Robin, I'm unsure of him using Freeze, it doesn't seem like it would fit in his vision. Of course, I don't know how much it matters what Nolan has said he will or won't do since he hasn't even signed on to a third movie.

58The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Twilight is not a good movie. I don't say that because it's teenage girl fodder, I could care less who the movie is aimed at. I say that on pure cinematic achievement and storytelling and it fails at every level.

Essentially what it boils down to is there is no conflict or any real problem for anyone to face. Edward Cullen is an immortal who is gorgeous to look at. He's intelligent and athletic and doesn't really have any problems. When Bella starts snooping around he finally confides in her what he really is, "You want to see what I really am?!" as if he's hiding some terrible dark secret. He then steps into the sunlight and becomes even more beautiful. That's his big horrible tragedy; he sparkles like diamonds. Okay, but he's hundreds of years old and still having to live the life of a teenage, that should eat at him right? I mean, that should provide some really cool duality to the character? Nope, as old as he is his personality is as old as his appearance. He behaves, thinks, and feels just like any typical angsty teenager. Meanwhile, Bella just moves to town and like most kids, should feel like an outsider and should have to overcome some sort of conflict. Being a teenager is tough and it's even tougher in a new place. Well, it is for the rest of us anyway. Bella is instantly liked by everyone.

The movie is about nothing more than these two people getting to know each other. What should be covered in a ninety-second montage is the premise of the entire movie. The point of a movie is for characters to overcome obstacles and to grow and change by the end of the movie. None of that occurs. They simply go about their teenage lives, briefly fight the so-called "evil" vampires (you know, the ones that actually do what vampires are known for doing), and then go to the prom. Oh, and there's vampire baseball. This is not a movie, this is simply an excuse for girls to gather together and swoon over Robert Pattinson.

You made some interesting points, but it was all for naught, because of the bolded.

I COULDN'T care less.

59The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shit.

60The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last Night I lost my Pop cast virginity. Still hurts to sit.

61The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Last Night I lost my Pop cast virginity. Still hurts to shit.
Fixt.

http://realityfugitives.com/

62The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wink

63The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:To throw my two-cents into the Batman talk, you don't even need a popular Batman rogue. Based on the ending of TDK you could make the conflict between Batman and the city; he's on the run from the police, some people think he killed Dent, a small group still believes in him, and the entire time he is trying to fight the mob.

Personally, I think this could work as well as a known rogue, if not better. However, if we have to have an established villain, I'd say either Killer Croc or Black Mask. Both are easy to adapt into Nolan's universe without changing the character too much. Obviously, I'm thinking more circus freak Croc from TAS, rather than dinosaur from current comics. As for the public not knowing who they are, that's a weak argument. I highly doubt the public was familiar with Ra's Al Ghul, the Scarecrow, or Falcone. The best way to get the public familiar with these characters is to throw them in a movie.

Nolan has already stated he won't use Penguin or Robin, I'm unsure of him using Freeze, it doesn't seem like it would fit in his vision. Of course, I don't know how much it matters what Nolan has said he will or won't do since he hasn't even signed on to a third movie.

Nolan should keep up the Batman vs. the Mob angle. At first I was against using Black Mask as a character in the movie but it does make sense. Black Mask flows well into the way Nolan has been doing the movies. There should be another villain to go along with the Black Mask. Croc would work well or even Bane.

64The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bane could totally work. Hopefully they'll make him fat and mute.

65The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:09 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Listening now. X3 was a terrible movie, both because of the heavy character destruction, and also because it was just a badly put together film.

The scene where the X-Men roll up on Jean's house, and they are walking towards it for a bit, a nice dramatic shot. The camera pans around, and as the AUDIENCE sees the evil mutants on the front lawn, that is when the X-Men react. Were they playing in third person or some shit?

66The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-men 3 is a terribly flawed movie, but I didn't hate it. I'd put it above Daredevil but below all of the generally accepted quality comic book flicks.

67The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As for Lee's idea that Warner Bros. should decide on a date with or without Nolan, that's bullshit. Fox wouldn't wait for Singer and we got a less-than-stellar follow-up to X2. Nolan didn't want to jump straight onto a Batman sequel after Begins, had WB decided to not wait on him we wouldn't have The Dark Knight.

When you've got quality talent, studios need to wait for them to be ready to take on the movie. You rush that shit and you get sub-par movies. Plus, Inception looks fucking awesome. I like that we don't get bombarded with Batman movies. Let that shit simmer.

68The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think they SHOULD throw down an ultimatum. I'm just really surprised they haven't.

69The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee you don't rush great movie making

70The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:I don't think they SHOULD throw down an ultimatum. I'm just really surprised they haven't.
Your exact words:
At this point quit pussyfooting around dude, you in or are you out?

Which, to me, comes across as "We're making this movie with or without you, are you with us?" Maybe I just misinterpreted your intent.

71The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, that's my fault. I apparently wasn't clear. I'm just surprised that's not the road the studio is taking. "You can't rush great movie making," but you can rush out a sequel to make another bajillion dollars. The Hollywood machine being what it is, I'm just shocked they're not being more aggressive in getting a new Batman movie off the ground.

72The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

elijahdprophet wrote:Listening now. X3 was a terrible movie, both because of the heavy character destruction, and also because it was just a badly put together film.

The scene where the X-Men roll up on Jean's house, and they are walking towards it for a bit, a nice dramatic shot. The camera pans around, and as the AUDIENCE sees the evil mutants on the front lawn, that is when the X-Men react. Were they playing in third person or some shit?

Fuckin' ELI! Glad SOMEbody around here has my back. I'd completely forgotten about that shitty set up with the approach on Jean's house, but you're absolutely right.

This movie had the one training sequence against the Sentinels, and that rocked, and then it fell apart. And speaking of Sentinels, my wet dream for the opening to an X-Men film:

A car full of teenagers si driving down the highway. They're goofing off, singing along to the music, whatever. You hear the roar of a jet fly close by, the car shakes a bit, and all the kids start looking out the windows. They (and the camera) jerk around to look out the windshield as we hear a massive thud/cars honking/swerving. We see two massive feet, and the camera angle pulls in close to the windshield, panning up as it does, to show the full form of the Sentinel. We cut to "Sentinel view" with all sorts of targeting reticles, identifying human, human, human, mutant. The Sentinel rips the roof off the car, the pink haired punk girl shrugs off a coat, opens her wings and takes flight, the Sentinel targets. We switch to an isometric view, watching the Sentinel's arm open a weapons array. All depending on the tone of the film, we either cut to the girl's perspective as a flash envelops her and she's taken down for the count, or from the same isometric view, we see ice begin to encase the Sentinel's arm. The beam still melts its way through and fires, but by that point, the returning Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler has leapt up to catch the young Pixie and port her to safety. "You wait here, fraulien. We will deal with this." "You're..." "The X-Men. Ja." Cue credits.

73The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:00 am

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Debaser77 wrote:Wow my F/M/K was not as contentious as I'd hoped. The baked goods one was the best.

i'm so glad i changed it cuz originally it was...

doughnut
cherry pie
peach cobbler

but i picked on esbat with the whole "scissor" ramero joke so i figure i should spread some of the mean around Twisted Evil

and i'm glad i did cuz the banana bread quote are all the best ones Smile

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

74The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:33 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wickidchyld wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Wow my F/M/K was not as contentious as I'd hoped. The baked goods one was the best.

i'm so glad i changed it cuz originally it was...

doughnut
cherry pie
peach cobbler

but i picked on esbat with the whole "scissor" ramero joke so i figure i should spread some of the mean around Twisted Evil

and i'm glad i did cuz the banana bread quote are all the best ones Smile

Is Cesar Romero... you sonsabitches! Mad

http://realityfugitives.com/

75The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:38 am

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Esbat wrote:Is Cesar Romero... you sonsabitches! Mad

and i'll have you know i did feel a little bad for making the joke, not enough to stop laughing any of the 45 times i've listened to it, but a little bad Wink

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum