Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Brave and the Bold

+2
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:46 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this issue was fantastic, heartbreaking, touching and a lot of fun.

27The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Mon May 10, 2010 4:53 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue bothered me for a number of reasons.
Spoiler:

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

28The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Mon May 10, 2010 8:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:This issue bothered me for a number of reasons.
Spoiler:

You know, I caught the cell phone the first time but didn't catch the song until the second reading because I'm not familiar with the song. I agree that the editors probably should have done a little more to make it more believable as being in the past. I mean, the cell phone would have still worked if they had made it bigger and clunkier like the one they used in "The Wedding Singer". Also, had awesome would it have been if they were singing "Girls Just Want to Have Fun", by Cyndi Lauper. It would have had the same effect. Those things make me wonder what editors are actually there for when they don't catch stuff like that but overall, I really liked the story. The first time I read it and I saw Zee and Wonder Woman talking and it flashed with Barbara and Jim Gordon talking, I knew what that scene was from and it was one of the few times I was generally shocked. I really liked the story overall.

29The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Mon May 10, 2010 8:20 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

At least you agree with me on some of it. Haha

My bad for knowing All the Single Ladies. ><

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

30The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:At least you agree with me on some of it. Haha

My bad for knowing All the Single Ladies. ><

That's from Beyonce, right? I had to google it as I am pretty ignorant when it comes to anything Beyonce. I do agree with you to a point and you do make a valid point about the book needing to feel dated a bit to make it feel like it's in the past however, the overall story for me was very moving and cool. I loved that Zee has this dream and gets Wonder Woman to come with her so they can show Barbara one last night of fun. I thought that was cool. I also liked the reasoning for them not to try and fix things because they could make things worse and we actually saw that in an issue of Booster Gold where he tries to go back in time and save Barbara. I loved the talk about the mythical Oracles from Diana and the conversation with Barbara and Zee about family. There were a lot of good moments in this book and for me, the good moments far outweighed the bad moments which is why I like this book so much.

31The Brave and the Bold - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave and the Bold Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. This thread sunk low. I thought I'd made a mention of it when the last issue came out with the Legion of Substitute Heroes and Inferior Five team-up.

Which got me to thinking about the Inferior Five, now dropped in the post-Crisis universe from the 70s (which, apparently, completely retcons Phil Foglio's run on Angel and the Ape). Obviously, they'll have some differences in their origins. Let me see if I can tie them into current heroic legacy.

Dumb Bunny -- We all know that Athena Tremor is the daughter of Princess Power, a Wonder Woman-esque heroine of (let's say) the mid-50s. This is assuming that the Freedom Brigade existed simultaneously with the JSA. Nothing really needs to change here, other than to change Tremor's mother's origin from being a member of a lost tribe of Amazons to a renegade Bana Migdhall who decided to take up crime-fighting.

White Feather -- Well, this is easy. William King could easily be the uncle of one Miss Cissie Jones-King on her father's side and still be the son of Freedom Brigade member The Bowman. It would connect him to an existing hero with similar abilities, yet not attach him directly to a first or second tier.

The Blimp -- A little trickier. I could see the Blimp as the grandson of Baron Blitzkrieg. Let's say that Baron B. has a son in the 30s who, inspired by the JSA and particularly Jay Garrick, renounced his ties to the Reich and his father and escaped to America, where he became the little-known speedster hero Captain Swift (keeping the rank in his code name just as his father did).

Awkward Man -- Now, this one might be a stretch. Awkward man is the son of the Patriot and The Mermaid, who are similar to Superman and Lori Lemaris, respectively. So, what if they were? What if Awkwardman isn't from Earth-0? What if he's from, say, one of the 'lost' Earths, where their Superman counterpart, the Patriot, married his college sweetheart, The Mermaid? And, just before the universe was devoured by Mister Mind, he was shot through the void, where he bounced around Hypertime before landing in the 60s, where he was raised by a commune of organic farmers.

Merry Man -- No connection to any existing hero or villain, because his origin is waaaay too mired in parody. In the post-Crises universe, he might claim to be related to Lex Luthor, but no proof other than his advanced intelligence exists to corroborate this.

Thoughts? I'm starting a movement to get a Birds of Prey/Inferior Five team-up. I need my ducks in a row! tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2