Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

the new hitchhikers guide to galaxy book has anybody read it

+2
ChrisToPhenom
kidspider2099
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanna read it i gotta wait for the library to give me my copy, Its funny cause when i first placed the hold i was 42 in line how cool is that.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been eyeballing this since I was 14 when it released but I've not yet read it or the seen the film which I thought was very interesting. Thanks for the motivation, KS.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:I've been eyeballing this since I was 14 when it released but I've not yet read it or the seen the film which I thought was very interesting. Thanks for the motivation, KS.

go read the book its awesome then go watch the movie cause also awesome.

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yes, I have.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good review man i can't wait to read it.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:I've been eyeballing this since I was 14 when it released but I've not yet read it or the seen the film which I thought was very interesting. Thanks for the motivation, KS.

go read the book its awesome then go watch the movie cause also awesome.
Thanks-I will.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

okay afterwards post about it i wanna know what you thought.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My school has some Douglas Adams books in it, what are some ones i should try out?

rwe1138

rwe1138

All of them. In this order:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe and Everything
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless
And Another Thing...

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got it for Christmas but I've got a bunch of other books I've got to read before it so may be a little while before I get into it. I think I'll be going back and reading all the books from the beginning though as it's been many years so I've read them so will need to refresh my memory.

As for the movie, well I would say check out the tv series for a good version of the books.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Just got it for Christmas but I've got a bunch of other books I've got to read before it so may be a little while before I get into it. I think I'll be going back and reading all the books from the beginning though as it's been many years so I've read them so will need to refresh my memory.

As for the movie, well I would say check out the tv series for a good version of the books.

i do agree with that but i think you should watch the movie but read the first book first then the watch the miniseried then watch the movie.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

never heard of the TV miniseries, how is it? when was it made?

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:never heard of the TV miniseries, how is it? when was it made?

thats cause it was made by the bbc in the 80's its not bad but the special effects are kinda cheesy.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I couldn't find the first book in my school library but i'm reading the second book right now. I really like Adams' writing style to me it's quirky and non-space operaish i'm really liking the book partly because of it. I find that i want to read the first book to enjoy too instead of absolute necessity since it's a book thats pretty accesible. I haven't finished it yet but it's something i find myself drawn to easily.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

just finished reading the third book, "Life, the Universe and Everything", and i liked it alot but i don't know how the timeline syncs up, Arthur and Ford where stuck on prehistoric earth for 5 years but then travel 2 days before earth's destruction and meet the rest of the guys as if they weren't gone long. What was the timeframe for the first book? wouldn't Trillian and Zaphod be a bit more happy to see them not dead or something?

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

I heard the book sucks.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Scarie187 wrote:I heard the book sucks.
Which one?

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Scarie187 wrote:I heard the book sucks.
Which one?

And another thing.

I've heard all good things myself.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bought the book a while ago i just finished and i really liked. now i'm finising the series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum