Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Sosa...

+4
Silent K
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Combo Mo
ChrisToPhenom
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sammy Sosa... Empty Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:43 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NY Daily News-

"What's going on with your skin?" asked Dandrades.

"I use a cream to keep my skin smooth and soft. I apply it before I go to bed. When I was playing for Chicago all those years, I was in the sun a lot for 1 o'clock games," said Sosa, who turns 41 tomorrow. "The flashes (from the cameras) also made my skin look lighter. I'm surprised with the controversy this has caused."

Sosa, who would not tell Dandrades the name of the cream he uses, did say that it is European and that he is in negotiations to market the product. He added that he wears colored contact lenses because he wanted to "try something different. I'm not trying to be superficial."

Asked by Dandrades if Sosa was trying to be like Jackson, the 1998 NL MVP laughed.

"Not at all, I respect him very much," said Sosa, who gave the interview at his Miami penthouse apartment on Monday. "I'm not a racist. I'm not like that. I'm just a happy person."

Sosa, who is sixth on baseball's all-time home run list with 609, said he started using the cream after finishing his playing career. He said that he cannot stay in the sun too long if the cream is applied. Sosa also chuckled when Dandrades asked if the rest of Sosa's body had the same skin tone as his face.

"That would be a problem," said Sosa.

Rolling Eyes

Sammy Sosa... Slide_3539_50189_large

2Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:47 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Then and now...

Sammy Sosa... Alg_sosa-then-now

affraid

3Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:08 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I saw him in a spanish interview with better lighting (I can personally attest to flash photography making one look 2-3 shades lighter) but still think his skin is incredibly lighter than before. Crazy stuff.

4Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Weird.

5Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

He always had bad skin (pimples and oily) when he played for the Cubs. Obviously from roids. I think his skin looks better lightened and he probably does too or he wouldnt have done it. Some white people lay in tanning beds to look dark he wanted to look light so what.

6Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:10 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:He always had bad skin (pimples and oily) when he played for the Cubs. Obviously from roids. I think his skin looks better lightened and he probably does too or he wouldnt have done it. Some white people lay in tanning beds to look dark he wanted to look light so what.
Well, I didn't know all that about his skin condition-whether that's true or not, this news is still shocking.

7Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:He always had bad skin (pimples and oily) when he played for the Cubs. Obviously from roids. I think his skin looks better lightened and he probably does too or he wouldnt have done it. Some white people lay in tanning beds to look dark he wanted to look light so what.

Sammy Sosa... Snl-the-view-video

8Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

he looks really bad

9Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He looks aweful.

10Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He brings up a good point and something I've always wondered. White people tan, often to the point of appearing as some other race, but when a black person tries to lighten their skin, to any extent, people seem to flip. I'm not saying this is a race thing (and thus angry posts have been averted till later) but this is an interesting and disturbing double standard. I underdstand that there is such thing as going too far with tanning, but how far is too far with skin lightening, especially when it can be changed by something as subtle as flash photography? scratch

11Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Being tan does not make you look like a differen't race. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

SMILEY! Laughing

12Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Being tan does not make you look like a differen't race. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

SMILEY! Laughing

Not always but it certainly can. It has a tendency to make white people look Hispanic down south.

13Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:Being tan does not make you look like a differen't race. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

SMILEY! Laughing

Not always but it certainly can. It has a tendency to make white people look Hispanic down south.
I can't help but admit, Wade has a point...I've never thought of it like that but I can see it.

14Sammy Sosa... Empty Re: Sammy Sosa... Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Well, I didn't know all that about his skin condition-whether that's true or not, this news is still shocking.

I watched a lot of Cubs games when Sosa played. I live close to Chicago so its the local team since Indiana has no baseball team. He always had huge zits and looked oily.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum