Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

+4
Goof
supervenom
jaydee74
Ric Magnum
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

This show just keeps getting better and better. Less droid conversations, more action, better stories; etc... And Anakin starting down his slippery slope to the Dark Side. Anyone seen the episode on Friday? If so, you must have caught the Vader music before Anakin interogated Poggle The Lesser. Awesome stuff. All they need to do now is have a nice 3 episode mini series about the Null Class troopers and the Republic Commandos (namely Omega Squad). Feel free to discuss. Smile

2Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ric Magnum wrote:This show just keeps getting better and better. Less droid conversations, more action, better stories; etc... And Anakin starting down his slippery slope to the Dark Side. Anyone seen the episode on Friday? If so, you must have caught the Vader music before Anakin interogated Poggle The Lesser. Awesome stuff. All they need to do now is have a nice 3 episode mini series about the Null Class troopers and the Republic Commandos (namely Omega Squad). Feel free to discuss. Smile

I so caught the Imperial March theme when Anakin when to go interrogate Poggle. It was awesome. I loved every episode from this series. It's amazing. The interactions between the characters are awesome. The Landing at Point Rain was one of the most action packed episodes I've seen on this or any other show. I have loved this series from the very start and can't wait to watch the next episode.

3Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

love this series. great stuff. can't wait for the Mandolorians to make their debut.

4Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mandolorians? When? *gets all giddy*

5Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supposedly this new season.

6Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:supposedly this new season.

Awsome!

7Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:Mandolorians? When? *gets all giddy*
I've been waiting for this all season. I cannot wait to see Mandalorians vs Jedi.

8Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:46 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i loving this season so far but i missed the ep where Ashoka and Barris Offe team up and the mindworm one Sad . This is much an improvement over some of first season imho. I really wanna see the Mandalorians too.

9Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

No new episodes until January? BOOOOO!!!! Mad

10Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ric Magnum wrote:No new episodes until January? BOOOOO!!!! Mad
CN Fail! Mad Mad Mad

11Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Awesome 1 hour episode last night! This series keeps getting better. And later in the season they are going to be introducing Mandolorians to the series. Should be good. After the episode last night, one has to wonder what happens to Captain Rex after the Clone Wars? Does he desert the Imperial Army or does he stay? Before he rode off into the sunset, I think I got his answer.

12Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ric Magnum wrote:Awesome 1 hour episode last night! This series keeps getting better. And later in the season they are going to be introducing Mandolorians to the series. Should be good. After the episode last night, one has to wonder what happens to Captain Rex after the Clone Wars? Does he desert the Imperial Army or does he stay? Before he rode off into the sunset, I think I got his answer.
yeah maybe when all the non-episode 3 people die he'll get a happy ending like that. If the series does get dark for the finale (god forbid it being early) it's only fair you get a bit of sunshine.

13Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

So, I have been a devout follower of Star Wars for many years. I have never really had a fan boy moment of rage...until now. I have turned a blind eye to many of George Lucas' shitty ideas (Jar Jar Binks, Anakin Skywalker and Padme's shitty dialogue in the prequels, Darth Vader screaming to the heavens at the end of Ep. III, casting Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker, being responsible for killing Anakin Solo in The New Jedi Order: Star By Star; etc...). But this time he has really pissed me the fuck off! It all started last Friday when I tuned into the Cartoon Network to watch the newest episode of The Clone Wars. I was very excited because they were going to introduce the Mandalorians into the Clone Wars.
But much to my surprise (I guess) George Lucas completely fucked it up. The planet Mandalore was a sprawling city-like planet that was run by a female Chancellor/Countess, and the citizens were peaceful robe wearing folk. In addition, one Mandalorian pulls out an ancient lightsaber from the old republic that looks like a fucking glowing sword! WTF!!!!!????? This goes against everything that has already been established within the written Star Wars Expanded Universe. Mandalore is not a sprawling, industrialized planet. They are not run by a female politician. In fact there are no politicians on Mandalore. The planet is run by the Mandalore. He is the head representative for all the clans on the planet. All the planetary/political issues are discussed and settled in a bar on the planet Mandalore. There is no formal government on the planet. The majority of the men and women wear armor at all times, not robes. Lightsabers in the old republic were the same as they are in the current Star Wars lore. If you have played the video games Knights of the Old Republic I and II or read the Knights of the Old Republic comics you will see the lightsabers do not look like actual bladed swords.
I don't understand why he would retcon all of this when he was the person who signed off on it in the first place. Whenever an author pens a Star Wars novel, the transcript of the story goes to George Lucas. He decides ultimately what is going to be in the book and what is not going to be in the book. He already approved all of the things that Karen Traviss wrote in her Republic Commando novels. In one 30 minute episode, he completely erased all of the hard work that Karen Traviss did to establish the culture and planet of Mandalore. Fuck you, George Lucas. You are dead to me!!!! Mad

14Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:04 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

want some cheese with that whine ^^ Laughing Laughing

15Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lucas is doing the Mandalores his way and wanted it to be like this. As for the expanded universe, Karen Travis who wrote a lot about the Mandalorians has actually quit writing Star Wars books because of the fact that her cannon is no longer going to be treated like cannon. No offense but I am so sick and tired of the whiney fanboy "George Lucas raped my childhood" bullshit. I don't have a problem with the prequels. There's a lot of good in them. Yes, I am disappointed in some of it as well but overall, I think they are ok. Personally, I think that lightsaber the man Mandalorian had was bad-ass and it seems that Obi-Wan and the Mandalorian female leader. I liked this episode a lot and I am really enjoying this series. If this is not what you want from Star Wars, then don't watch. As for me, bring on part 2.

16Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Lucas is doing the Mandalores his way and wanted it to be like this. As for the expanded universe, Karen Travis who wrote a lot about the Mandalorians has actually quit writing Star Wars books because of the fact that her cannon is no longer going to be treated like cannon. No offense but I am so sick and tired of the whiney fanboy "George Lucas raped my childhood" bullshit. I don't have a problem with the prequels. There's a lot of good in them. Yes, I am disappointed in some of it as well but overall, I think they are ok. Personally, I think that lightsaber the man Mandalorian had was bad-ass and it seems that Obi-Wan and the Mandalorian female leader. I liked this episode a lot and I am really enjoying this series. If this is not what you want from Star Wars, then don't watch. As for me, bring on part 2.
preach on brother jaydee Wink

17Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Lucas is doing the Mandalores his way and wanted it to be like this. As for the expanded universe, Karen Travis who wrote a lot about the Mandalorians has actually quit writing Star Wars books because of the fact that her cannon is no longer going to be treated like cannon. No offense but I am so sick and tired of the whiney fanboy "George Lucas raped my childhood" bullshit. I don't have a problem with the prequels. There's a lot of good in them. Yes, I am disappointed in some of it as well but overall, I think they are ok. Personally, I think that lightsaber the man Mandalorian had was bad-ass and it seems that Obi-Wan and the Mandalorian female leader. I liked this episode a lot and I am really enjoying this series. If this is not what you want from Star Wars, then don't watch. As for me, bring on part 2.
good point Jaydee i had no problem from it since i've never read EU very much but from the descriptions of Mandalore from EU it does sound cooler then the way the show set up Mandalore imo.

18Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

I understand where you are coming from. But I don't think you quite understand why I am so perturbed. You said that Lucas is doing Mandalore his way/the way he wanted it. My issue is if he wanted to do it his way from the beginning why didn't he have Karen Traviss write the story his way. Furthermore, why did he have her write the Republic Commando novels in the first place? If he is going to retcon Expanded Universe content that HE approved, why doesn't he just write all the Expanded Universe stuff so it can be HIS way and he can save himself the trouble of pushing the reset button? I didn't really see the need for him to retcon it because it was a highly successful and popular series. The Republic Commando series affected so many different timelines within the Star Wars universe. It affected the Clone Wars Era, The Empire Era and the Legacy Era. With his 30 minute retcon he just screwed up an entire series of stories and events. Are we to believe they just never happened? I don't agree with how liberal he is with his product's continuity. I understand it is his product but he has to show some respect for the fans who shilled out the money for the Expanded Universe content and to the Authors who busted their ass to write said content.

Not taking the history and timeline of Stars Wars into consideration, I still think it was a decent and entertaining episode. As you said, you don't have a problem with the prequels. Neither do I. I enjoyed them. Will one retcon make me give up watching the Clone Wars? No. I still enjoy the series and will continue to watch. I just don't appreciate the big "Fuck You" he gave to the fans and Karen Traviss.

19Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As far as I know, Lucas probably hasn't the first clue as to what goes on in the Expanded Universe but he's always considered what he's done to be cannon. I would doubt that Lucas has ever met Karen Traviss to be honest. I would go as far to say that George Lucas doesn't even know who the Solo twins are. As for what is and isn't cannon, George Lucas has said Star Wars fandom is whatever you want it to be; but the bottom line is that whatever the people from this show do with the Mandalorians, you can bet it will trickle down into Expanded Universe cannon. It's why Karen Traviss decided no longer to work on the books anymore.

20Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:10 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i missed friday night's episodes, how were they?

21Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:i missed friday night's episodes, how were they?

I thought it was really very good. We get more background between Obi-Wan and the Dutchess. We get the reasoning as to why she wants to do things in a peaceful manner. Not much in the way of Mandalorians but they will be back next episode. It was a good episode overall and a great second part of a three part story.

22Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boba Fett's gonna be in Clone Wars!
Also the last couple of episodes were prertty good. Realy like the Senate murder episode, I was sad when Padme's "Uncle" guy died. The one from the other night was good too.

23Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Boba Fett's gonna be in Clone Wars!
Very Happy

24Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

I loved this weeks episode w/ the stealth ship. Really parralleled World War 2 submarine combat. Great episode with a lot of suspense.

25Star Wars: The Clone Wars Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Boba Fett's gonna be in Clone Wars!
Also the last couple of episodes were prertty good. Realy like the Senate murder episode, I was sad when Padme's "Uncle" guy died. The one from the other night was good too.

Boba Fett? Boba Fett? WHERE? Laughing That's awesome.

Ric Magnum wrote:I loved this weeks episode w/ the stealth ship. Really parralleled World War 2 submarine combat. Great episode with a lot of suspense.
I liked it too. I also like the developing respect we see between Anakin and Admiral Yularen. Great episode.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum