Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Shock Value II Review

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Shock Value II Review Empty My Shock Value II Review Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First of all, I want to confirm that Linkin Park did not make the collaboration list for Shock Value II...I'm a bit upset about that because it was one of my top reasons to buy it. I remember a few months back when the album was bubbling underneath the surface, Linkin Park was said to be working with Timbaland on both of their Wikipedia pages but all of a sudden, that information is gone. The only thing close to them working together is the time Timbaland did an intro for Linkin Park's "Bleed It Out" at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. I know Timbaland thought about there and if you ask me, I think they're keeping information scarce for Shock Value III. But until than, let's see if Shock Value II does what it's titled to give.

Well, I rarely do this but it seems I'm going to have to write a review for every track. Yes, Timbaland has done it again and better than ever-Shock Value II has everything the original didn't and one of those is most importantly the "Shock Value" it claimed. I'm upset that the sequel isn't anticipated as the first was with singles, "Give It to Me", "The Way I Are" and "Apologize"-"Morning After Dark" hasn't put a dent in the Billboard charts yet! But while Timbaland has yet to release a single that'll attract appreciation it deserves, I'm proud to say as a hardcore fan of Timbo, Shock Value II is good as his debut, "Tim's Bio".

1. Intro

Release this beat in full, Timbo-it's hot! This intro makes you feel more welcome into Shock Value II than the original did with "Oh, Timbaland". DJ Felli Fell says, "Now, Tim told me he wanted an intro but you know...with some sh-t like this, you don't really need an intro!" He's right the album still would have pleased listeners as I am but good choice.

2. Carry Out ft. Justin Timberlake

Shock Value II carries us in with "Carry Out". As most of you all know, Timbaland and Timberlake are a dynamic duo and this song is no exception. Timbaland also has a song he did with Justin called, "Crazy Girl" that didn't make the cut and sometimes I feel it would have took the album an extra step if it replaced this but it's no disappointment.

3. Lose Control ft. JoJo

I was surprised to hear grown JoJo on this track...actually, to hear her at all on Shock Value II! This track is a good and catchy though I wouldn't say it's single quality-it's just another piece of proof odd couples can be proven even with Timbaland in the picture.

4. Meet In the Middle ft. Bran' Nu (Brandy)

Brandy raps. That's right, the "I Wanna Be Down" Brandy raps with Timbo on "Meet In the Middle" and I have to say she does it well! I believe this is one of the top memorable moments of the album. Be sure to experience this beat on good speakers-whoever says Timbaland lost his edge in Hip-Hop is a fool.

5. Say Something ft. Drake

A good R&B track featuring one of the hopes for it's future. What I liked most about this song is that it proves Timbo's strategy to work with new promising artists works. I feel Drake was a good choice for a new debut artist on Shock Value II and as the second single.

6. Tomorrow In a Bottle ft. Chad Kroeger & Sebastian

Nickelback's Chad Kroeger-can you believe it? Yet again, Timbo has an ability to turn doubters into believers. I personally feel him just being on the chorus was a wise decision if anything at all but he puts it down along with Sebastian.

Also, if you aren't familiar with Sebastian, you should know he's Timbalands younger brother and has been on loads of songs since 2000 and will be releasing his debut album soon...did I mention Timbaland's his brother?

7. We Belong to the Music ft. Miley Cyrus

I don't know about you but...

Note: Now that I've reeled you in, it's only right I tell you I now have a column on IC and the link below is the full review. So take one second of your life, click the link, enjoy the rest it, come back here, post your thoughts, I'll be happy, IC will be happy and you'll be happy! Smile - ChrisToPhenom

http://www.investcomics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1087&Itemid=60

Standard and Deluxe Edition Album Covers-

My Shock Value II Review 61102OgEzEL._SL500_AA240_My Shock Value II Review 51GVxiVCHLL._SL500_AA240_

2My Shock Value II Review Empty Re: My Shock Value II Review Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Kewl.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum