Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Learned Something Very Interesting at my LCS

+6
Aussiemandias
Sir Not
Debaser77
Spider_Fan14
Rath99
comicgeekelly
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Durring my weekly trip to my LCS today I struck up a conversation with the workers about the Captain America Reborn spoilers that have been showing up in comics like New Avengers. According to the cashier in next weeks Captain America: Who Will Weild the Shield? special there will be an apology letter from Marvel saying that the events in that book take place after Captain America Reborn 6 and that they pretty much ruin the ending of that book.

I didn't know if this had been reported anywhere yet and I figured that this is an interesting bit of news.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They should apologize!! You know what don't apologize...just don't do it!! They knew it would ruin Cap Reborn but did it anyway. Was Reborn plagued with delays? What reason would they have to spoil it for those reading the book?

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Durring my weekly trip to my LCS today I struck up a conversation with the workers about the Captain America Reborn spoilers that have been showing up in comics like New Avengers. According to the cashier in next weeks Captain America: Who Will Weild the Shield? special there will be an apology letter from Marvel saying that the events in that book take place after Captain America Reborn 6 and that they pretty much ruin the ending of that book.

I didn't know if this had been reported anywhere yet and I figured that this is an interesting bit of news.
wow, now that's something. I don't care for Reborn but this would piss me off even from reading the other books with the spoilers.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Between this and DC running Blackest Night: Flash before the Flash: Reborn mini is done, what is up with the Big Two's scheduling issues?

Sir Not

Sir Not
Cadet
Cadet

Debaser77 wrote:Between this and DC running Blackest Night: Flash before the Flash: Reborn mini is done, what is up with the Big Two's scheduling issues?

How many comics do you put on hold because one artist is behind schedule? Do you hold up BN:Flash because of Flash: Rebirth? Then do you hold up Blackest Night because you held up BN:F? Then do you hold up GL and GLC because of BN? Where does it end?

And I said it rather snarkily before but I'll put it out there again, a bit more politely- What is really being spoiled here? The titles of the delayed series are Rebirth and Reborn. You kinda gotta know that the characters are coming back. What you don't know are the details- what makes the story the story. So long as WWWtS doesn't recap the events of Reborn 6 nothing is truly spoiled.

Deep breaths, people.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The Marvel Universe is turning into Memento. Great movie, but comics are called "sequential art" for a reason.

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sir Not wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Between this and DC running Blackest Night: Flash before the Flash: Reborn mini is done, what is up with the Big Two's scheduling issues?

How many comics do you put on hold because one artist is behind schedule? Do you hold up BN:Flash because of Flash: Rebirth? Then do you hold up Blackest Night because you held up BN:F? Then do you hold up GL and GLC because of BN? Where does it end?

And I said it rather snarkily before but I'll put it out there again, a bit more politely- What is really being spoiled here? The titles of the delayed series are Rebirth and Reborn. You kinda gotta know that the characters are coming back. What you don't know are the details- what makes the story the story. So long as WWWtS doesn't recap the events of Reborn 6 nothing is truly spoiled.

Deep breaths, people.
What? Just because you disagree with people's disappointment they should all calm down? As I said before, there is a lot of money being spent by people collecting comics and they're perfectly entitled to expect stories to be told in sequence. They're consumers and they're perfectly entitled to express unhappiness when they are less than satisfied with the product. The fact is that this is poor form from both Marvel and DC. Simple as that.

Sir Not

Sir Not
Cadet
Cadet

Aussiemandias wrote:What? Just because you disagree with people's disappointment they should all calm down? As I said before, there is a lot of money being spent by people collecting comics and they're perfectly entitled to expect stories to be told in sequence. They're consumers and they're perfectly entitled to express unhappiness when they are less than satisfied with the product. The fact is that this is poor form from both Marvel and DC. Simple as that.

More like I'm asking them to temper their expectations a bit given real-world issues. Yeah, ideally, I'd love for every book to be out on time. In the real world, things get delayed. I'm being sincere when I ask should Marvel put sales of 6 or 7 different lines of comics on hold until Hitch gets the series done? Should DC hold off on the remainder of their big event until EVS gets Rebirth in? Of course not. You can't let a single artist hold 1/3 of your titles hostage because you have events planned around their one mini. I'm asking you to use a little sense when expressing your hostility. Disappointment is one thing, ZOMFG THEY SPOILED CAP'S RETURN!!! MARVEL AM TEH DEBIL!!1!! is another.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Point is, Sir Not, is that whatever the Big Two planned in regards to Steve Rogers and Barry Allen in the last six months - they knew the min-series detailing their stories are unfinished yet they were solicited and announced. There's no problem in in integrating Flash in Blackest Night and the rest of the DCU, or bringing Cap back to the MU, but if they know it's going to contradict continuity, why not just wait with putting the characters in other books? Nothing would've been damaged if Cap's return was done in two months instead now. Geoff Johns can't keep track on himself? Can't he just change the story a bit so Barry won't be a big part of Blackest Night? For stories planned years in advance (Blackest Night and Cap's "death"/return) there seem to be too many unprofessional mistakes done here.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sir Not

Sir Not
Cadet
Cadet

Tomer Soiker wrote:Point is, Sir Not, is that whatever the Big Two planned in regards to Steve Rogers and Barry Allen in the last six months - they knew the min-series detailing their stories are unfinished yet they were solicited and announced. There's no problem in in integrating Flash in Blackest Night and the rest of the DCU, or bringing Cap back to the MU, but if they know it's going to contradict continuity, why not just wait with putting the characters in other books? Nothing would've been damaged if Cap's return was done in two months instead now. Geoff Johns can't keep track on himself? Can't he just change the story a bit so Barry won't be a big part of Blackest Night? For stories planned years in advance (Blackest Night and Cap's "death"/return) there seem to be too many unprofessional mistakes done here.

My point is that in both cases it is the ARTIST who's holding things up. If neither series had been held up by the artists in question, they would both be done by now. Johns and Bendis can write at a lightning pace. So again, I ask do you hold up everything else that they have written because these two artists can't meet a deadline? Add to it, I ask what has really been spoiled for you? We KNEW that these characters are coming back and as far as I've read nothing about the end of either series has been spoiled other than the fact that the characters are in fact back. Bendis knew when he was writing that Steve was back and he knew that the mini detailing his return was supposed to have ended last month. So six months ago when he was writing New Avengers or six months ago when Fraction was writing Iron Man they knew that the characters in question were supposed to be back by this point. Hitch is the one that threw off the schedule. So then how long do you let one single artist hold your various series hostage? Had it not been for the delays, you would have had a nice seamless transition back into the continuity which all appears to be coming to a head in Seige. Marvel and DC are businesses first and foremost. Do you piss off the legions of regular Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Blackest Knight fans to satiate the ire of those reading 2 miniseries? Which avenue is likely to lose them the most money?

So how many titles do you delay indefinitely in order to get one mini-series finished?

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

And you miss the point where a publisher announces the release of a new book before even two issues are ready. In the case of Reborn no one should've been surprised, with Hitch's track record. The Big Two never learn and everything is led by the PR and Marketing departments. See the recent case of DC's Earth One; it was announced over a week ago but the first book won't be on shelves until September, enough for the hype and buzz created so far to die. Of course DC's Marketing Dept. will do its best to promote the fuck out of this line of books, but the fresh buzz attached to the first announcement? Gone.

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know what, I think what people are most annoyed about is that this has been allowed to happen in the first place. Yes, it is the artist's fault, so stop putting artists on books who are unreliable when the release of the book is time critical. It's starting to become annoying. I think most people accept there's not much they can do it but they're well within their rights to be pissed off about what's happened.

And I hate the "they're a business" excuse. Because if they're a business then what they've done is actually not professional. They have not delivered product on time and that is not professional.

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

What was the spoiler?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:What was the spoiler?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/prv4087_pg2.jpg

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

So it spoiled Cap survives Reborn or it spoils the he saw something in the future? If it is the first, I don't really see the big deal about it. Like we didn't know Rogers was coming back?

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So how did Steve comeback? How did his body survive if his consciousness is out of loop? Didn't that happen before? Just tell me, I'm not a Cap fan, but I do want to know.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

If you're not a fan of Cap, you hate America!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I don't hate the mantle...anymore, but I'm still not a fan. tongue Guess I hate the state...s.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum