Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Second Coming

+21
G_Zatara
TheBrownLantern
elijahdprophet
Jango Fett
Ric Magnum
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Kearstin
DickGrayson007
blue halo
Mnemosis
shiky800
Fresh03
shark6495
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Bigtymin504
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

276X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #237 - Second Coming: Chapter 12

This was decent but not as good as the past few issues (I blame Land). There were some nice moments though with Magneto and Hope kicking ass. Plus Cypher and X-Force in the future. The final couple issues with Bastion personally taking the fight to the X-Men should be damn good.

I did love that random short monologue by Storm though, reminded me of Storm's long monologues from X-Men: The Animated Series. Laughing

277X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

what was up with X-Factor? If the next issue isn't a homerun, i may have to drop it

278X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:X-Men Legacy #237 - Second Coming: Chapter 12

This was decent but not as good as the past few issues (I blame Land). There were some nice moments though with Magneto and Hope kicking ass. Plus Cypher and X-Force in the future. The final couple issues with Bastion personally taking the fight to the X-Men should be damn good.

I did love that random short monologue by Storm though, reminded me of Storm's long monologues from X-Men: The Animated Series. Laughing

Surprisingly, Land's art didn't bother me for the most part. I didn't realize it was Land until some ways into the book when Domino made an O-face, which made me check the atist and realize how well I had been duped. In any case, decent issue.

As for this event, I do with that they had utilized this event as a means to showcase various mutants and what they can do. In other words, all that water and Iceman getting slapped around is both funny and perplexing at the same time. hmm

279X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:09 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

XML #237

Sweet issue, liked it even better than last week's New Mutants. Despite being the most liked of the Second Coming contributions, Legacy is catching lots of flack from Greg Land. I definitely butchered this poor soul in some past reviews, but you know what--this might just be his finest X-Men-related art yet. Of course it's still got glaring weaknesses and miscues, but I thought some of it was at least respectable, even admirable. Love the splash page..and Magneto's one-page slammer is impressive. Oh well.

I like where the story is heading with just a few to go. The Uncanny think they have the upper-hand, but there's a whole lot going on right now. And it looks grim for Cable. Just sayin.

4/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

280X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #28 - Second Coming: Chapter 13

Hope! That was one hell of a battle between Hope and Bastion. Her powerset is veeery interesting, and will lead to a lot more theories about who or what she exactly is. And another big sacrifice in this issue. It was all well scripted by KY and beautifully drawn by Mike Choi. Looking forward to the conclusion next week.

281X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

^ Yes! The Hope/Bastion battle was crazy. Hope's powers were crazy as well. What were all those powers coming from? Could that be because her connection with Rogue? I hope the last chapter explains it.

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

282X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

I really liked chapter 13.

I'm having mixed feelings about Second Coming. I have really enjoyed the story, but it's killed 2 of my favorite X-Men.

283X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:41 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue of X-Force was good, but I have one question about it. Shouldn't you save the crazy ass fight for the final issue of the event? Maybe Bastion isn't done yet, but look at what Hope did, I'm pretty sure he's gone. I'm excited to hear what Hope's powers are exactly.

284X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

well i have to say...X-Force 28 brought Second Coming to a raucous ending and I'm wondering what else they will have to etch out in the final chapter. I'd always thought it would be cool if someone would have the guts to finally have Cable succumb to the T-O virus that's plagued him since he was a little boy.

He protected the "Messiah", brought her into adulthood...he served his purpose and sacrificed himself in the process...kinda poetic, and cool...i wish Cyclops had more emotion about Cable's death. that's his son. I know he's stoic, but c'mon...

Overall, damn good issue. Its the last X-Force issue, right? That sucks

285X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:30 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The new X-Force-

X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 13213storystory_full-9050085

286X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmm... I don't hate that lineup. I may stick with the book. I'll miss X-23.

I could have sworn reading something about Wolverine leaving the team.

Who is going to be writing the book?

287X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rick Remender

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/13/marvel-to-announce-uncanny-x-force-at-san-diego-wolverine-archangel-fantomex-deadpool-and-psylocke/

I won't put it on my pull list but I'll check out the first issue and if I like it I'll get the trade.

288X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks for the info. I'm a little torn. The only thing by Remender that I've ever read was the issue of Thunderbolts he did. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. However, with Jerome Opena on the art I want to get the book. I LOVED his work on Vengeance of the Moon Knight. Also, I like the looks of the team. I think I'll at least check out the first issue.

I do think it's dumb that they are relaunching the book, but whatever.

289X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:03 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I'll be picking up the new X-Force. If I hear good things I'll check it out, but the creative team doesn't make this a must buy for me.

290X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

The creative team makes this a mustn't buy for me.

I can't stand anything Rick Remender has done since he started writing for Marvel.

291X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming - Chapter 14 (Finale)

This issue was the perfect wrap to an overall great X-event. I laughed and I cried (ok not really cried but got a throat lump, Hope's eulogy reminded me of my dad). Everything essential was touched on this issue and given the proper treatment. It was good to see all the maimed/injured getting treatment, which led to a nice little moment between Hope and Magneto again.

Then Scott going off on Rogue for letting Hope into the battlefield. It'll be interesting to see if Rogue takes being kicked off the combat team lying down...if she's the feisty southern belle I know then I doubt it. One of the most interesting parts was Prodigy's analysis of Hope. "It's like someone made a voodoo doll for the whole mutant race. That's what Hope is. She's us. All of us." Based on what I know about voodoo dolls, if something happens to Hope will it directly effect all of mutantkind? Maybe she does bring about the destruction of all mutants like Bishop warned...

Chapter 3 of this issue was Logan having heart-to-hearts with Storm, X-23, and Scott. Some really great stuff here. Logan reflecting on his lost friend Kurt, he and Storm possibly having their last drink together as friends, and X-23 finally learning she has to forge her own path in life. I love how Scott and Logan were thinking about what will happen if the Avengers find out about X-Force. I knew from the beginning that once Hope was back and safe, that Scott would disband X-Force...doesn't mean Logan will do the same. I freakin loved that reveal. The new team is great and the implications it could have on his X-Men and Avengers memberships down the road are huge.

And the final chapter had even bigger developments. Beast officially packed up and left again, while Namor called him a coward (I was laughing my ass off at Namor's jumpshot Laughing). Then some crazy stuff with the bonfire, Hope, Emma, and the Phoenix Force! And a last page that has me pretty damn excited for the next phase of this story in Uncanny.

292X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was a little underwhelmed by the finale. It's basically just a 4-way anthology book advertising the status quo of Legacy, X-Force, Uncanny with a touch of conclusion to the overall story. Where's the "they're welcomed back to SF?" Are we really going to do a couple more arcs of trying to figure out what/who Hope is?

Overall, I liked the story but I think they'd have benefited from having a more cohesive ending.

http://www.demonweasel.com

293X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Yeah, I don't get how Hank left without doing all kinds of tests on Hope to figure out what she did.

"She has all the powers of all the mutants" is lame, and there already IS a guy like that, he lives at the north pole according to X-Factor.

The funeral was good in all the ways that the Sentry funeral was shit.

Logan continuing X-Force in secret is going to be cool, especially since he is on 2 Avengers teams and the X-Men. Maybe they will turn it into a slap happy Threes Company style romp.

294X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:

Logan continuing X-Force in secret is going to be cool, especially since he is on 2 Avengers teams and the X-Men. Maybe they will turn it into a slap happy Threes Company style romp.

There should be an issue where he has to hide members of his various teams in his closet one by one so that Cyclops doesn't find out about them.

Cyclops & Emma do make a good Mr. & Mrs. Roper.

http://www.demonweasel.com

295X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:00 pm

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The X-men get thanked for saving SF in Uncanny X-men: Heroic Age #1 along with Reed Richards doing some health screening on Hope.

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

296X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:X-Men: Second Coming - Chapter 14 (Finale)

This issue was the perfect wrap to an overall great X-event. I laughed and I cried (ok not really cried but got a throat lump, Hope's eulogy reminded me of my dad). Everything essential was touched on this issue and given the proper treatment. It was good to see all the maimed/injured getting treatment, which led to a nice little moment between Hope and Magneto again.

Then Scott going off on Rogue for letting Hope into the battlefield. It'll be interesting to see if Rogue takes being kicked off the combat team lying down...if she's the feisty southern belle I know then I doubt it. One of the most interesting parts was Prodigy's analysis of Hope. "It's like someone made a voodoo doll for the whole mutant race. That's what Hope is. She's us. All of us." Based on what I know about voodoo dolls, if something happens to Hope will it directly effect all of mutantkind? Maybe she does bring about the destruction of all mutants like Bishop warned...

Chapter 3 of this issue was Logan having heart-to-hearts with Storm, X-23, and Scott. Some really great stuff here. Logan reflecting on his lost friend Kurt, he and Storm possibly having their last drink together as friends, and X-23 finally learning she has to forge her own path in life. I love how Scott and Logan were thinking about what will happen if the Avengers find out about X-Force. I knew from the beginning that once Hope was back and safe, that Scott would disband X-Force...doesn't mean Logan will do the same. I freakin loved that reveal. The new team is great and the implications it could have on his X-Men and Avengers memberships down the road are huge.

And the final chapter had even bigger developments. Beast officially packed up and left again, while Namor called him a coward (I was laughing my ass off at Namor's jumpshot Laughing). Then some crazy stuff with the bonfire, Hope, Emma, and the Phoenix Force! And a last page that has me pretty damn excited for the next phase of this story in Uncanny.

This was a decent issue. It had it's moments but overall nothing truly wonderful, though I was glad that they discussed the ramifications of their actions (what happens if the Avengers find out and possible arrest). This was something that had to be considered with Wolvie being on a public team and being on a wetwork team. Part of me was bothered by the discussions concerning the x-men killing and not killing when they have done some horrible things themselves (I recall Storm ripping someone's heart out *cough* Marrow *cough* and Colossus snapping a Marauder's neck and no one threw a fit at this). That said, I hope Elixir gets better and can heal since there is no point to keep him around if he's nothing more than a plot device. Hope being there should make people consider using her as an option or Rogue but leave it to comics to think of this later on and give flimsey excuses. On a similar tangent, why can't Iceman heal all of a sudden? I read the little dialogue over and over again it doesn't make sense considering how his powers work. Can he not turn into full blown organic ice all of a sudden? Oye vey. In any case, the reveal at the end was nice but I'm not excited for this. Marvel as of late (hell, comics in general but Marvel mostly it seems) has had good concepts, solid premises, and events but messes them up, especially the ending. I feel that this will be more of the same and will simply disappoint and quite frankly, I really don't care to partake in it. I just don't care anymore. don't know

297X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed the ending of Second Coming, but it really didn't feel like an end to me. This was more like an epilogue . It had some good moments and I found myself able to stand both Land's art and Fraction's writing.

298X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Force #28 - Second Coming Chapter 13

Meh. Like I've said a few times, I completely lost interest in the story.

This issue seemed like it wrapped things up too quickly. I know it wasn't the final issue, but it sorta felt like it with Bastion being destroyed. He was destroyed way too quickly, and easily.

They spend half of this event stalling. Nothing seemed to happen for a good portion of it, and then boom! They quickly end it. And they did it in the ultra predictable way. Who here didn't know that Hope's powers would manifest just when they most needed them to beast Bastion?

I will say that the art was good.

X-Men: Second Coming #2 - Second Coming Chapter 14 (Finale)

Again, meh. This was the actual ending and it wasn't even an ending. It just set things up.

I loved the fact that in the 3 seconds between the end of the last issue and the beginning of this issue Wolverine managed to change from his X-Force costume into his regular costume.

I said it before, but I just cannot take Greg Land's "art" anymore. X-23 looked NOTHING like she should. And what the hell was up with Deadpool's head?

I hate Storm. I used to love her. Claremont made me love her, but then he destroyed that love, and so have other writers. She's a self righteous bitch.

I'm going to stick with Uncanny X-Men and give Uncanny X-Force a shot, but other than that I'm done with X-Men for now. I just don't care anymore.

299X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:36 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I'll wait for the eventual soft cover trade (used for half off) unless I see the hard cover for 15 bucks. But I knew nothing was going to advance, which is why I avoided getting the regular issues and just skimmed through some parts.

I understand why companie$ do this, but can we ever stop expanding and using hype to fool people into thinking that a story will actually fill the pieces instead of filling one of the pieces yet taking 3 away and expecting you go along for the chase until the chase become so long you trip, fall and retcon away?

I mean it was a cool concept but I dislike how things are still unanswered from 3 years ago despite SC supposedly being an important crossover or whatever.

It's like Messiah Complex, Messiah War, X-Force and Cable all lead into this yet this is all we get buy more books and get some of the answers as time goes on! Sad

300X-Men: Second Coming - Page 12 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I think I'll wait for the eventual soft cover trade (used for half off) unless I see the hard cover for 15 bucks. But I knew nothing was going to advance, which is why I avoided getting the regular issues and just skimmed through some parts.

I understand why companie$ do this, but can we ever stop expanding and using hype to fool people into thinking that a story will actually fill the pieces instead of filling one of the pieces yet taking 3 away and expecting you go along for the chase until the chase become so long you trip, fall and retcon away?

I mean it was a cool concept but I dislike how things are still unanswered from 3 years ago despite SC supposedly being an important crossover or whatever.

It's like Messiah Complex, Messiah War, X-Force and Cable all lead into this yet this is all we get buy more books and get some of the answers as time goes on! Sad

I respect your opinion, but I see this opinion a lot from comic fans and I still have yet to understand it. Isn't it pretty common knowledge by now that every major comic event in the mainstream Marvel or DC universes is meant to resolve some stories yet also plant seeds for future stories? That's just the nature of telling major stories in an ongoing universe. I never expect these things to wrap up in a neat bow without setting up potential future plot threads.

For example, there's essentially no difference between the end of Blackest Night and the end of Second Coming. The major threat was defeated (Nekron, Bastion) then the new adventure was introduced for future comics (resurrected heroes and the White Lantern, Hope's powers and the appearance of 5 new mutants on Cerebra). And really, that's basically the case for all of these kinds of events.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum