Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

AFC Wild Card Up for grabs... or is it.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AFC Wild Card Up for grabs... or is it. Empty AFC Wild Card Up for grabs... or is it. Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:18 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everyone here knows I am a die hard Indianapolis fan. Everybody here also stated many times, myself included that the Colts don't care about the perfect season, they care more about the ring at the end more than anything else.

When Coach Caldwell pulled the starters in the 3rd quarter I do feel like he may have cheeted the fans and players out of more than just history, but also the play-off momentum period. Here are the facts: 1) The colts clinched home field two weeks ago, but last week you let the starters play the whole game, risking injury. 2) If injury was that much of a concern why play them in for 5/8 of a game that didn't matter in the first place. 3) Could they have won... Well the have beaten better teams with way worse scenerios. 4) The players were not happy. Yeah they tow the line and give the good sound bytes agreeing with the coaches decission, but their body language said otherwise. The fact is the starters didn't act like they were done, they kept their helmets on, and thought they would at least get to go in to reclaim the lead when necessary. 5) Did this kill their momentum or their fighting spirit?... well the mojo is tough to get going, and unhappy players tend not to perform, and unhappy fans tend to not give supporting messages to the team, which I think are all factors when making a decission that Caldwell did.

But here is the thing that bothers me the most. This is the one thing that upsets me more than a chance at history gone, or that people paid to watch a lame duck of a game (from professionals), this is the thought that there is some sort of collusion amoung owners to rig the play-offs. Because the colts folded when they had 2 aces 1 in the flop and one coming down the river, the New York Jets now have a shot at the play-offs. They shouldn't have the opportunity that they do now. Many other teams are also screwed over by the decission. I think the Screwings will just get worse.

Their are two teams in the NFL next week that can decide the fate of the play-offs. The New England Patriots can dump to the Texans and put them in the play-offs, as can Cinci do for the Jets. I have to not put it out of my head that this is done on purpose to give those two teams, the ones that must play in the wild-card week, an easier match-up in the first round. They can dump their games and ensure an easier week one in the play-offs. Is it smart? Well fuck yeah it is. Is it fair? Of coarse not, but if the other teams had performed better than it wouldn't matter anyway. Just the fact that it could (and probably will) happen, kind of makes me feal ill inside.

Based on that, did Caldwell make the right decision? Hell no! The colts would have been better off making sure the Bengals and the Patriots wouldn't be able to cow-tow into a game with the Jets. At least the Steelers or Baltimore, or even Denver has a shot at beating Cinci or the Pats. But now it is left up to the fates, and billionaire owners with secret handshakes.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it was a horrible decision overall. They already tried this whole "rest your starters" nonesense instead of going for undefeated in the past, and it didn't work out for them the last time. Rest? That's what the 1st round bye week is for! It just doesn't make sense to me to have players not see any live action football for over 2 weeks and then expect them to be in sync for a huge playoff game.

I know its a tough call cuz players get hurt in the NFL, but I think its a risk worth taking to keep the timing and momentum of your team going heading into the playoffs. And I know the Colts starters were showing some body language of disappointment, but honestly if Peyton Manning reeeeally wanted to go for the undefeated record I'm sure he could have made a stand and they would have listened. Peyton owns that organization. I dunno I just think its a dumb move on everyone's part in Indy.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's Cincy, not Cinci. Don't ask why, IT JUST IS!

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not a fan of the decision. to quote Herm "You play to win the game! Hello!"

When you play not to get hurt is when you tend to get hurt. You want to peak when entering the playoffs.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:You want to peak when entering the playoffs.

Pfff, you're tellin me. *looks at Saints* dry

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:it's Cincy, not Cinci. Don't ask why, IT JUST IS!

I think both are actually correct. I've seen it both ways lots of places. Even Road Runner internet for cincinati is @cinci.rr.com?

What about the Cinci-A-Bomb

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cinci%20A-Bomb

heard it for cinci chilli

did a google search and cini and cincy both pop up.

but I will use the y just for you matt. Very Happy

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks, and I was mainly reffering to people who live here, not businesses and the such. lol. lol, not a big deal, we'll just shank you.

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I watched until Painter fumbled and then I turned it off. I thought it was silly as they were playing the Jets and Peyton had hardly been touched all game. I guess if they win the Super Bowl nobody will care but if they lose in their first playoff game it will look like a very stupid move.

I did post on here over a month ago that the Colts had no chance to remain undefeated as they would pull their starters. I was still caught off gaurd since they kept them out all game against Jacksonville even with everything wrapped up.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well it is settled. The two teams that make it through are baltimore and the NYJs.

I guess we see why the colts and everybody else rested their starters, Welker is out. That is equivilent to the colts loosing Clark or the cardinals loosing Boiden.

Guess we will have to put up a couple play-off threads and such now.

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Well it is settled. The two teams that make it through are baltimore and the NYJs.

I guess we see why the colts and everybody else rested their starters, Welker is out. That is equivilent to the colts loosing Clark or the cardinals loosing Boiden.

Guess we will have to put up a couple play-off threads and such now.

Yep the Welker injury definately added credibility to the Colts argument for sitting their starters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum