Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 22]

26Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Lol, seems to be one of his specialties for sure. Makes you wonder who the lucky "White Lantern" will be.

Spoiler:

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

27Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:Cover to BD JLA #44

Brightest Day - Page 2 Jla_44_cvr_solicit_jpeg

Anyone wanna bets that's
Spoiler:

My money's on
Spoiler:

28Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i don't think it will be wonder woman. i think jade is a better guess.

29Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First there was the terror of Blackest Night... then they brought you the joy of Brightest Day... now comes DC latest and greatest batshit insane event ever: Beardest Fright by Alan Moore.

http://realityfugitives.com/

30Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Esbat wrote:First there was the terror of Blackest Night... then they brought you the joy of Brightest Day... now comes DC latest and greatest batshit insane event ever: Beardest Fright by Alan Moore.

In brightest day, in blackest night...

SCREW THAT NOISE, I'm here to fight!

I've got a beard, who needs a corps...

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY COCK, I'M ALAN MOORE!!!!!!

Brightest Day - Page 2 Alanmoore

31Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:
Esbat wrote:First there was the terror of Blackest Night... then they brought you the joy of Brightest Day... now comes DC latest and greatest batshit insane event ever: Beardest Fright by Alan Moore.

Brightest Day - Page 2 Lol Brilliant!

32Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

AH! The Mandarin! Thank god Jean's coming back as the Phoenix in JLA #44!!! Will she be enough to hold him off until Gandalf and the White Lanterns arrive?

33Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:

+10

34Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:33 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:In brightest day, in blackest night...

Laughing

35Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As a GL fan, I am so jazzed for this.

36Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
shiky800 wrote:i said i will never get another weekly. well this is a bi-weekly and i will be getting it. just wondering will this mean both green lantern and green lantern corps will be taking breaks now?
Nope they're continuing normally, but they will have the "Brightest Day" banner on top to indicate the status quo, similar to the "Initiative" or "Dark Reign" status quo banners.
oh ok that sounds good

37Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #2 cover by David Finch!

Spoiler:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/11/your-first-look-at-brightest-day-what-does-it-mean/

38Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very cool cover.

39Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Brightest Day #2 cover by David Finch!

Spoiler:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/11/your-first-look-at-brightest-day-what-does-it-mean/

YES!!

40Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had originally thought they were going to bring back every Black Lantern at the end of BN, but I wonder if it'll just be the Black Lanterns that "survive" (didn't have their rings destroyed). This would be a good was to bring back recently dead but important people like the hawks, the dibneys, J'onn, Aquaman, etc. Perhaps even E2 Superman.

http://www.demonweasel.com

41Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:I had originally thought they were going to bring back every Black Lantern at the end of BN, but I wonder if it'll just be the Black Lanterns that "survive" (didn't have their rings destroyed). This would be a good was to bring back recently dead but important people like the hawks, the dibneys, J'onn, Aquaman, etc. Perhaps even E2 Superman.

That's what I was thinking, it really does sound like the post-BN status quo is about bringing back the dead heroes. Hopefully they don't bring everyone back like they hinted at in issue 1 of BN, because that would just leave a muck of continuity problems. But it's called Brightest Day and that looks like that's the direction they're going in.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Brightest Day #2 cover by David Finch!
Awesome cover, can't wait to see Finch take on the whole DCU.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Foreigner_Man on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

42Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:29 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think all the Black Lanterns are going to wake up like alcoholics on a bender and be like "Oh man, did I say that? I better break out the 'I'm Sorry' notes."

43Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:31 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, 'Whoops..my bad!' Laughing

44Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:01 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah but I don't see why they would because everything we've been told is that they're just animated corpses at the moment. It's not really them.

Demonweasel wrote:I had originally thought they were going to bring back every Black Lantern at the end of BN, but I wonder if it'll just be the Black Lanterns that "survive" (didn't have their rings destroyed). This would be a good was to bring back recently dead but important people like the hawks, the dibneys, J'onn, Aquaman, etc. Perhaps even E2 Superman.
I hope it's a little more than that because as I said above the current Black Lanterns we're seeing are supposedly not really the characters we know. Will be very interesting to see how these characters come back.

45Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
I hope it's a little more than that because as I said above the current Black Lanterns we're seeing are supposedly not really the characters we know. Will be very interesting to see how these characters come back.

True, but it's still their bodies. Adventure Comics #7 shows the point of view of someone who has been "possessed" by a Black Ring, so it's entirely possible that it's different for those that have actually died (as this character is one of the "I had come back from the dead, so now Nekron is exercising the lein on my body and repoing it with a black ring" people).

46Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

god imagine the guilt firestorm is feeling after trapping his sucessor in his head and cruelly murdering said sucessors girlfriend while having him in his head

47Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:god imagine the guilt firestorm is feeling after trapping his sucessor in his head and cruelly murdering said sucessors girlfriend while having him in his head

I really hope, if Ronnie does come back, that the Firestorm is him and Jason. For real, that would be great drama.

"Jason, quick! We need to make some salt!"
"Always with the salt, this guy..."
"Seriously!?! It's been, like, two weeks. Can't you get over it? Besides, I'm sure Will Magnus can make you another underage robot girlfriend."
"OH IT'S ON CRACKERSTORM!"

48Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:30 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

True, but it's still their bodies. Adventure Comics #7 shows the point of view of someone who has been "possessed" by a Black Ring, so it's entirely possible that it's different for those that have actually died (as this character is one of the "I had come back from the dead, so now Nekron is exercising the lein on my body and repoing it with a black ring" people).

I think there's a pretty big difference though - Black Lantern Superboy, Wonder Woman, Superman, etc are all living beings that have had their wills subjugated by the ring and it has been shown they can fight back. As for the rest of the BLs, everything we've been told is that all they are is their bodies - it's not really them. Now we know there are characters coming back so there's obviously some way it's going to happen but I think it's going to be a little more than just them overcoming the rings that are controlling their bodies. And the other interesting thing will be why will some come back and not others (assuming every single dead character doesn't come back)?

49Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:I think there's a pretty big difference though - Black Lantern Superboy, Wonder Woman, Superman, etc are all living beings that have had their wills subjugated by the ring and it has been shown they can fight back. As for the rest of the BLs, everything we've been told is that all they are is their bodies - it's not really them. Now we know there are characters coming back so there's obviously some way it's going to happen but I think it's going to be a little more than just them overcoming the rings that are controlling their bodies. And the other interesting thing will be why will some come back and not others (assuming every single dead character doesn't come back)?

IIRC, it was said only characters closely affiliated with champions were Black Lanterns. This was part of Nekron's plans to take out his threats by entrancing power beings and ones that can psychologically play on those that stand to oppose him. Others, I assume, would be made if the Universe's defenders fall until all the dead walk again.

50Brightest Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I think there's a pretty big difference though - Black Lantern Superboy, Wonder Woman, Superman, etc are all living beings that have had their wills subjugated by the ring and it has been shown they can fight back. As for the rest of the BLs, everything we've been told is that all they are is their bodies - it's not really them. Now we know there are characters coming back so there's obviously some way it's going to happen but I think it's going to be a little more than just them overcoming the rings that are controlling their bodies. And the other interesting thing will be why will some come back and not others (assuming every single dead character doesn't come back)?

IIRC, it was said only characters closely affiliated with champions were Black Lanterns. This was part of Nekron's plans to take out his threats by entrancing power beings and ones that can psychologically play on those that stand to oppose him. Others, I assume, would be made if the Universe's defenders fall until all the dead walk again.
Oh I was sort of thinking ahead to when some of these characters are actually resurrected (eg. there's starting to be sneak peeks that Aquaman is coming back), I didn't mean why are some back as BLs and not others. Not just as a BL but fully back. So I think it will be interesting to see who is resurrected and who isn't and the reasoning behind it and how it happens.

Re: The Black Lanterns - As for "closely affiliated", does that apply to the entire deceased population of Star City? I don't think it's necessarily just closely affiliated but anyone who can create an emotional impact on the character being targeted because it's the emotional impact they're after.

I think the remaining 2 issues are going to be fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum